ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What do you want to see in Guitar Hero 6 Vocals?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: What do you want to see in Guitar Hero 6 Vocals? Reply with quote

I'll get you started with some of mine

- Better visibility on the comet
- Show percentage of phrase hit at end of phrase and in stats
- Something interesting like freeforms (but not necessarily freeforms) to make guitar hero vocals different to Rock Band vocals
- Fix the lag/points issue
- Bring back overall career score on leaderboards

Anybody have any ideas for new features you'd be interested to see?

Just thought I'd get a new topic going since this forum is not very active at the moment.
kire  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- That line that strung the pitch lines together
- Maybe Colored Pitch Lines and Comet in relation to the pitch

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- anything as long as WT-like freeforms are not there.

on a more productive note, the comet in relation to the pitch and color mentionned by kire sounds good.

-fix the lag YES please !
-less ridiculously short phrases (like cutting a real phrase into 4 parts...)
- hmmm, nothing much, it's already a cool vox engine we got on gh5/BH.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back the overall leaderboards!
I can't understand how neversoft could be so stupid to forget that.
Other than that?

The ability to slow down songs in practice mode,
That you can switch the lyrics with the notes. (B#, G, C for example) in practice mode.

That you can select the colour of your comet!

No Megadeth songs with pitched talkies...

And there ends my list, Not that much really

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to see the most is a way to read the chart better. The current system as shown in GH5 and BH was fine for me and a big improvement over the broken ways of scoring for those that use the WT engine. However the current coloring system made it very difficult to find out for me exactly where I could've been going wrong, thanks to being unable to see the comet clearly when singing incorrect notes. If they can fix that, then that would make reading the charts so much more manageable.

Also, if they're going to include hypes, at least make them somewhat useful. I've found out - at least through the Wii releases - that even not doing anything with the hypes at all raises the rock meter a little as well, which makes them entirely pointless. I thought them initially providing a small amount of star power seemed fine in the WT engine, though it may seem out of place in a GH5-based engine if it was set up for GH6.
In short: don't include hypes if they provide no use at all.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, how does one improve on perfection? i guess id like to see the practice mode improved, namely having the progress bar, and knowing if u got excellent or not without working out the stupid percentage thing. other than that, i really cant thing of anything that could be improved
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either having a guide pitch in practice mode like TB:RB (and more than likely future releases) or having the pitches displayed in practice like suggested.

Also harmonies. But that probably won't happen.

dr00bles  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
either having a guide pitch in practice mode like TB:RB (and more than likely future releases) or having the pitches displayed in practice like suggested.

I agree. TB:RB had a brilliant system that had ledger lines corresponding to Do, Mi, and Sol. That would be endlessly helpful for relative pitch - and makes "sightreading" vocals songs somewhat doable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Yusuke said, a guide pitch in practice mode would be immeasurably helpful in figuring out what the game wants you to sing. Apart from that, I'm pretty much fine with the current GH vocals engine.

Also, I'd like to see less super-short phrases (would it really hurt to tack an idle "Yeah" or "Oooh" onto a longer phrase, as opposed to making it a standalone phrase that's incredibly difficult to hit?) and less instances of a phrase (in the musical sense) being charted as two or more phrases in-game. These are (very subjective) issues with the charting, not the engine overall, but I feel that they add artificial difficulty to an already demanding vocal engine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
hmm, how does one improve on perfection? ... knowing if u got excellent or not without working out the stupid percentage improved

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the whole "stupid percentage thing".

I think that not being able to score 100% on a song was only flawed in that it meant that the only song you could realistically get 100% on in World Tour as a band on was No Sleep Till Brooklyn. I'm not suggesting that we go back to the World Tour percentage system, but I would like to see how accurately I'm singing a phrase, even if it's like a cheat or an extra in the menus.

boss1592, I know you think GH5/Band Hero has a perfect system but I just have to disagree with that. I'm not saying World Tour was perfect either, it really wasn't.
It seems to me (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) that vocals for you is mostly about getting the fc's and that's fine, but there are more aspects to vocals that make the experience different for each player.

HOWEVER, because of the feel of GH5 I would have to agree that it's the better interface for vocals on the whole. I really miss the whole creative side of vocals though that seems to have disappeared over the games.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOYOBOYY wrote:
boss1592 wrote:
hmm, how does one improve on perfection? ... knowing if u got excellent or not without working out the stupid percentage improved

To clarify: when you take up a song in practice and select a certain string of phrases to work on, you are given a percentage indicator to see your progress on it instead of the performance indicator like in prior engines. Only those that are really, REALLY good at maths could figure out if the phrase that they got out of a high number of those was actually a "solid" instead of an "excellent", which makes it harder to keep track on whether you hit the right notes or not.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
BOYOBOYY wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

To clarify: when you take up a song in practice and select a certain string of phrases to work on, you are given a percentage indicator to see your progress on it instead of the performance indicator like in prior engines. Only those that are really, REALLY good at maths could figure out if the phrase that they got out of a high number of those was actually a "solid" instead of an "excellent", which makes it harder to keep track on whether you hit the right notes or not.

yea thats what i was referring to.

i know that there is more to GH vox than FCs, but i think the GH engine excels in other areas 2. take scoring for instance, now its based on how precise you are, as opposed to how well you can manipulate a freeform, which is the way it should be imo. or say if your singing at a party or something, singing "properly" trying to sound good etc. imo the GH engine is far better than RBs for this, i really feel like i can sing properly on GH and not fail out... not so much for RB (i do use a lips mic though, maybe thats the problem i dunno). in my honest opinion i really cant think of a way the engine could be improved.

saying that though, and its been brought up a few times, the vocal charting really could do with some work in places. obviously there are songs like sultans of swing and sweating bullets, which have some of the most bullshit charts ove ever played, and then you have stuff like rock star on band hero, in particular the " you think" phrases, which have absolutely no right at all to be seperate from the "that you can get away with it" phrases right after them. i dont know why the charters are getting these so wrong, ive never once played a rock band vocals chart and though "how the hell is that not a talkie".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with boss (and the others) about the practice thing (like when you select several phrases, you can't tell if you got a Solid or Excellent until the end of all the phrases, and then you don't know which phrase(s) you missed). Also about the charting (Rock star sucked really bad for that) made artificially annoying Even some long easy phrases are split into places i'd have never thought about splitting them....

But yeah, that's more about details. The engine in itself is good enough. Especially the "get moar points from singing moar accurately" instead of freeforms.

That's why i hope they won't add too many new features, and more important : that they won't remove what's good ._.
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that percentage thing. Yeah, that is incredibly dumb, I don't know what they were thinking when they did that.
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GH5/BH engine is pretty good IMO, and I can't think of much adjustment I wanted to see on GH6. But there are 3 things I really wanted to see happening. Well, there we go:

- I wanted to see if I'm too flat or too sharp when I'm doing mistakes, so I can know how to fix it. So a more visible comet would help greatly.
- Progress gauge, and a display of notes (C, A, G#, etc.), both on Training. If the real runs had a progress gauge, so why can't the Training have too? o_O
- FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, STOP SPLITTING THOSE PHRASES IN TWO/THREE/FOUR/WHATEVER! That made most of Band Hero really annoying, ya know. I really hate artificially difficult songs, with pitched talkies, short phrases, zany charting, etc., and this is no new thing. I don't give a damn about singing 70/80/90 "phrases" in a 3 minute song, or maybe less ("Wannabe", anyone?). So, the more natural the difficulty is, the better.

*EDIT*: I was playing "Hands Down", and remembered about the serious Audio Mixer problems. The instruments can't be turned down beyond the half, thus drowning almost completely those quiet vocals, like the aforementioned song, "Sowing Season", and others. This makes it painful to learn this kind of songs.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: