ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Breakdown of the Un-FCed Expert Songs (0 G, 7 B)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the Linkin Park and RHPS packs - some of the LP bass tracks could be FC'd by a dead monkey. Regardless, if I have time in between RB3 sessions I'll try and get those done.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FCed Hands All Over. score/streak all that is on leaderboard ill have vid up tomorrow. here

Spoonman is severely broken. I've done the solo at least 75 times and only hit those yellow strums once.

Doing bass right now. I'll edit when i fc them
edit:Spoonman Fcd
Rusty Cage Fcd (edit 2 nvm, DVDsmith already got it)

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll update soon when I figure out what's left. I'm pretty sure both the LP and RHPS packs have been FC'd on guitar (someone posted them in their threads). Not sure on bass though. Too late right now for me to look it all up.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I'll update soon when I figure out what's left. I'm pretty sure both the LP and RHPS packs have been FC'd on guitar (someone posted them in their threads). Not sure on bass though. Too late right now for me to look it all up.

I just did RHPS on both bass and guitar, so you don't have to look it up.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spoonman is severely broken. I've done the solo at least 75 times and only hit those yellow strums once.

It's not broken; I know how to hit those strums consistently. They're just really fast (probably charted incorrectly but whatever). They do feel quite weird to play but I assure you that they are not broken in any way. The only part I consistently missed (and the reason I don't already have the FC) was some little run near the beginning...some stupid moderately hard shit that I kept missing for some reason.

Anyway it looks like this thread is doing better than I thought...just Spoonman guitar left? That's what it sounds like, though you should definitely make sure there's actually proof for everything; somebody just saying they did it is not proof no matter how easy the songs are.

EDIT: Spoonman is down; video being uploaded right now to my YouTube. I'll update with the link once it's up.

EDIT 2: Spoonman guitar FC

EDIT 3: Just an FYI to Davers...when I was putting in my Spoonman score I first looked at top scores cross platform and noticed a lot of red numbers in the percentage column (this was just for guitar, but I would bet it's even worse for bass since pretty much nobody cares about GH bass on DLC). Note that despite claims that it's all been done in this thread, there's not a shred of proof for the more recent ones. All of those who claim to have FCed those songs need to either post proof in this thread or upload the FC score (with proof of course). Or you could do both if you're into that. If Davers finds the proof in accomplishment threads I guess it doesn't matter, but first he needs to specify what he's found proof for.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:

EDIT 3: Just an FYI to Davers...when I was putting in my Spoonman score I first looked at top scores cross platform and noticed a lot of red numbers in the percentage column (this was just for guitar, but I would bet it's even worse for bass since pretty much nobody cares about GH bass on DLC). Note that despite claims that it's all been done in this thread, there's not a shred of proof for the more recent ones. All of those who claim to have FCed those songs need to either post proof in this thread or upload the FC score (with proof of course). Or you could do both if you're into that. If Davers finds the proof in accomplishment threads I guess it doesn't matter, but first he needs to specify what he's found proof for.

I was under the impression the streak challenge was global so FC's can be determined by looking at the leaderboards. But it appears to be friends only. Maybe there's a different way of finding stuff like that I'm not seeing. Either way though, there's really no reason to require proof. All of these songs that "make the list" are just over looked because of how unpopular DLC is (be it easy, not people's taste in music, or in most cases no one can be bothered to document sightread Fcs)

Really, you're seeming to make it out as a bigger deal than it is.

Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get to updating in a minute. But anything that does make the list, no matter how easy, does need proof. Also, I realize that not every Soundgarden song has a score entered, but I have seen proof for the ones that are not on the list

But yeah, unfortunately, any list material needs proof

EDIT: Ok, all that's left on Guitar is Time Warp from RHPS. For bass, everything in the OP (7 songs I couldn't find proof) and Hot Patootie from RHPS. That's 1 G and 8 B. Now, of course, the two from RHPS won't make the list until Tuesday. All Linkin Park guitar was done in time though.

EDIT 2: Added a leaderboard. For some reason I took this away a few updates ago. Not sure why. Anyways, it's back
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was under the impression the streak challenge was global so FC's can be determined by looking at the leaderboards. But it appears to be friends only. Maybe there's a different way of finding stuff like that I'm not seeing. Either way though, there's really no reason to require proof. All of these songs that "make the list" are just over looked because of how unpopular DLC is (be it easy, not people's taste in music, or in most cases no one can be bothered to document sightread Fcs)

Really, you're seeming to make it out as a bigger deal than it is.

...but if you don't require proof then how do you know that people aren't lying? The honor system is all well and good but for these lists to really be good and functional, they simply have to require proof. Any list that doesn't is subject to inaccuracy based on either lies or faulty information. Lying isn't that likely here (and obviously if a random person comes in and claims a really hard FC that the community has been legitimately struggling with, people will be suspicious and usually demand proof), but "faulty information" has happened a few times in the history of the Rock Band thread. I don't know if you're aware, but when Rust in Peace came out on the Rock Band side, hearsay from several people told me that the entire album had been community FCed and I took their word for it. However this was a mistake as it was later discovered that Five Magics had not actually been FCed by the person who reportedly had the FC (Morandi). I believe Hangar 18 was also un-FCed in the first week but I can't remember for sure. The problem here is that since Morandi is so good, obviously I naturally believed that he got the Five Magics FC. However, it turned out that he didn't and that nobody else got it either (it was/is a really hard song). While requiring proof may seem to be "taking it too seriously," it's also the only legitimate option in a thread like this. Maybe you don't care (and that's ok), but these threads wouldn't be nearly as good/respectable if they didn't require proof.

Obviously the songs on this particular list tend to be a lot easier than the stuff that makes the Rock Band list (where even something as hard as The Great Satan was considered "too easy" for the list by most when it made a one-day appearance), but to be truly objective the list must not make difficulty a factor. In keeping with this I am going to change the structure of my RB side thread as soon as I can since the current format admittedly isn't the greatest and your post definitely highlights some of its flaws. The new format will list all songs immediately and only give special recognition to songs that are universally considered "hard enough," which controls for random easy songs getting recognition just because nobody wants to play them. Davers I don't know if you're interested in switching over to that format (the format of the RBN guitar/bass thread is what I'm talking about just to be clear) but I think it would be cool if you did because IMO it's a better format than my original idea.

And no I'm not trying to be antagonizing, I'm just pointing out why I disagree with your opinion (about proofs) and subsequently how I have already considered some of the points you make and agree with them (easy songs "making the list", unpopular DLC).

Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, BobDole, I almost did that with this update. I'll go take a look at exactly how you have your RBN thread setup and restructure my OP.
omimann  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Infection Bass (Sightread fc btw )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoonman Bass FC

I might pick up Hands All Over if the bass line isn't too frustrating.

Edit: Nevermind. I don't think I can combo that for 6+ minutes.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
EoZ wrote:

I understand what you've meant and your point from the beginning, it's really fine with me requiring proof, it's just that under those guidelines MANY songs from that past would have appeared here, in an accredited list showing what has/hasn't been done. It just seem superfluous to require a submitted score AND proof. Think if I submitted those RHPS pack FC's in SH say a week ago, but didn't put a picture. I'm pretty sure everyone here would have just looked them over and said they were FC'd. Now just think back to all the DLC and a ton of On disks songs this would have applied to. And if we wanna glance towards the drum side of this, I'm sure that list would be comparable to the RBN size. Oh and for the RHPS, I'll put screencaps up if no one does so by whenever. I really don't feel like sifting through a ton of video for them.

I think I'm more so against the whole crediting people. A HoF would probably be more well suited, and nothing here fits that category (At least since this thread's creation). I look at this moreso as a list of redheaded stepchildren of SH.

oh and Exxucus, I already deboed Spoonman bass a few posts up

Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've realized that I need to add the OT songs on the list. Anyone know what's left besides Rock the Night and Shockwave? For some reason SH doesn't have tracking for the European releases. Or at least I can't find them. I'll update the OP once I find out what's left in the OT series.
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I've realized that I need to add the OT songs on the list. Anyone know what's left besides Rock the Night and Shockwave? For some reason SH doesn't have tracking for the European releases. Or at least I can't find them. I'll update the OP once I find out what's left in the OT series.

Look below the Stats box. The Group by option shows the non-US releases.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
Davers wrote:

Look below the Stats box. The Group by option shows the non-US releases.

Yeah, but Rock the Night doesn't show up anywhere. That's why I'm wondering if there are more that are not listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: