ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Top 20 Hardest GH Expert Drums FC's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Top 20 Hardest GH Expert Drums FC's Reply with quote

1. Laser Cannon Deth Sentence (DLC - 0 FC's)

LCDS is without a doubt the hardest FC in the entire series. The blasts early in the song should give you an idea how crazy this FC is, when you consider the outro blasts last about twice as long! After your stamina has been completely drained from those blasts, the song ends with the true FC breaker of the song, which is one of the toughest fills in all of GH. Not only is it very fast, the bass notes in between are weirdly charted and the outro sustain is broken, to top it off. This is the only song un-FCed on Expert Drums... for a very good reason!

2. Space Truckin' (2 FC's)

Space Truckin' may not contain THE fastest roll in GH history (Kick Out the Jams takes the cake in that category), but considering it's 17.33 NPS and lasts for a full measure, it's by far the hardest of its kind. Add a few tricky fills and you get a song that requires more than just fast-stroking skills. Because of the roll, this song is really hard to rate in difficulty... you can either hit it, or you can't. If you can hit it, this song shouldn't be troubling you that much, but considering it's only been hit a few people, this song deserves its spot very high up the list.

3. War Ensemble (5 FC's)

The fast thrash beat and fast (double) bass sections make this an exhausting song, if you haven't built enough stamina. The real challenge, however, are the rolls that spam the song, which often require odd sticking. Almost every roll needs to be memorized and there are tons of fills to miss, even if you manage to get past the "Get Ready..."-fill.

4. Beast and the Harlot (5 FC's)

Although the drum solo is the only part that really stands out, it so happens to be one of *the* hardest sections in the entire GH series. Even if you manage to hit all the triplet/bass fills and the final roll (which ends awkwardly with RRBBBGGGO) averaging at 15.3 NPS, there are still a few chokeable fills ahead.

5. Fury of the Storm (3 FC's)

A lot of people will have trouble even passing the alternating blast/bass sections, but even if you can consistently FC them, you'll still have tons of fills throughout the song potentionally ruining an FC run. Very tough song overall and very chokeable.

6. Black Betty (DLC - 1 FC)

This song is considered the most broken song in the WT era, due to its very poor/hyper accurate charting. Even if you manage to look through the broken-ness, you'll still have to hit very fast and tough fills; double/triple-stroking skills are pretty much mandatory! The fast beat in between the 'crazy' sections is tiring as well.

7. Scatterbrain (5 FC's)

Random nonsense throughout the entire song, with lots of fast fills thrown in between and seemingly the most random bass notes ever. This song isn't called Scatterbrain for nothing. The outro fill can be very chokeable as well.

8. 21st Century Schizoid Man (5 FC's)

This song's randomness almost comes close to Scatterbrain's, but luckily doesn't get *too* bad. The middle part of the song still isn't a cakewalk... on the contrary, you'll have to stay focused the entire time or you're bound to miss.

9. Chemical Warfare (5 FC's)

Similar to War Ensemble, although there aren't any fast bass sections. The fills are quite fast and a lot of them require odd sticking, but once learned, require less skill than the fills in WE. Hitting all of the fills still is far from an easy task, so even FC'ing up to the third chorus can take quite a while. The outro is chokeable as well.

10. Through the Fire and Flames (7 FC's)

A beat similar to that of Fury of the Storm, and about just as much fills. Most of the fills aren't that hard, but the snare/cymbal rolls are very difficult (especially on 5-lane) and the fills during/after the solos are tough as well. There's also the total length of this song, which makes for a high possibility of choking.

11. From the Blue/Point of No Return/TTRTS (Free DLC - 3 FC's)

This is easily the longest song on the list, with just over 10 minutes of prog craziness. Learning every single fill in the song might not take too long, but even if you've managed to FC past the hardest part of the song (Smokin' Riff 2), you still have to watch out not to choke on any of the technically difficult fills or the awkward tom sections. The outro has "CHOKE" written all over it as well.

12. Vicarious (10 FC's)

None of the sections in Vicarious are *really* hard, but having to play through a 7-minute long song filled with technically difficult sections and a very chokeable outro makes the difficulty of the FC greater than the sum of its parts.

13. Purple Haze (12 FC's)

Extremely fast double stroke/blast sections during the first solo and equally fast rolls during the second solo require a very good skillset. Double strokes are vital for both of these sections. You're gonna need some chops to FC this bastard.

14. Anything (Free DLC - 5 FC's)

Very overrated in the fact that this song looks impossible to any average drummer. The song being broken in GH:WT caused this to be un-FC'ed on Xbox 360/PS3 to this date. "Anything" can be exported to Band Hero though, where you'll see it really isn't that impossible. The hardest part is the fill at the end of Quick Riff 2, which is a mixture of 16th bass/16th triplet notes. Besides that, the two most chokeable sections are Interlude and Zakk goes Wylde, which aren't extremely difficult to get consistent with, but still not a cakewalk.

15. Hot for Teacher (GH:VH - 5 FC's)

Although the exact same chart as the GH:WT version (save a note or two), the less forgiving GH:VH engine makes even the intro much harder than most players are used to. Add a few really fast rolls + an incredibly chokeable outro and you get a song that requires a lot of consistency.

16. Bat Country (7 FC's)

Much like Purple Haze and Anything, there are only two hard sections in this song, but they are much harder than the rest of the song. The fills at the beginning of the solo average at about 16.66 NPS, but the real FC-breaker is the fill at the end of the solo, which requires equally fast cross-overs.

17. Raining Blood (11 FC's)

Getting to the outro is not too hard, but the "Storm" sections are easily among the hardest sections on-disk. The fills during those sections peak at 17.33 NPS and require lots of double stroking.

18. If 6 Was 9 (DLC - 2 FC's)

This song is all slow and easy, until you get to the solos about halfway through. Here, you'll find lots of fast rolls requiring quite a bit of skills... not to mention the confusing bass notes during one of the last sections in the song, which is a very likely choke spot.

19. Guilty Pleasures (Free DLC - 5 FC's)

Andy Gentile has three songs on this list... coincidence? I think not! Just like the AES Medley and Anything, Guilty Pleasures is spammed with prog craziness, although this is clearly the easiest of the three. Some fills need to be learned, others simply require skill and a tiny bit of luck. One of the toughest, yet most fun DLC songs.

20. Scream Aim Fire (16 FC's)

The intro fill on its own is hard enough to get down (especially with 1 foot), but you'll face similar fills 4 more times throughout the song. Even if you're consistent with those parts, there are still tons of rolls that may not be tough to hit on their own, but try hitting 8 RRRRGGGGGGGGRRRR rolls during one run... exactly!

| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)

Last edited by WarlordTm on Fri May 13, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 28 times in total
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:

9. {?}
10. {?}

Not having played GH5 and GH:VH that much, I can't decide which songs would be #9 and #10, so any input will be much appreciated .

GHVH Hot for Teacher and Painkiller say hai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue day

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
WarlordTm wrote:

9. {?}
10. {?}

Not having played GH5 and GH:VH that much, I can't decide which songs would be #9 and #10, so any input will be much appreciated .

GHVH Hot for Teacher and Painkiller say hai

Painkiller?

Space Truckin'!
It's the only song still standing on the Expert list, how can you forget that one?

And I wouldn't put Scatterbrain 1st... But that's me...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Ehhh, space truckin' IS in there ;)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
^ Ehhh, space truckin' IS in there ;)

I should be in bed....
Quarter for 2 isn't the time for me to be a wake AND trying to be a smartass as well....

P.S That Space Truckin should be harder ranked....
(Or just ignore the retard... )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my list:

1.WE
2.Scatterbrain
3.BatH
4.TTFAF
5.Space truckin
6.Purple haze
7.Vicarious
8.21SCM
9. Scream, aim, fire/hot for teacher
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Bass260  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Ensemble should be number 1. Then have TTFAF, Scatterbrain, Space Truckin, and Vicarious in the top 5 too.

1.War Ensemble (Crazy Fills and the beat gets you so tired)
2. Through the Fire and Flames (So easy to choke and so long)
3. Scatterbrain (Stupid)
4. Space Truckin (The crazy roll, and some fills, hasnt been fcd)
5. Vicarious (Hardest WT FC)
6. Beast and the Harlot (DRUM SOLO)
7. Purple Haze (Once you get the parts down easy, otherwise crazy)
8. 21st Shizoid Man (idk much about it, looks hard tho)

Im not really sure for these but....

9. Scream Aim Fire (tons of annoying fills, plus the quad fills)
10. Painkiller (not many fcs, end is hard)

Raining Blood, Dyers Eve, Caught in a Mosh, Hot for Teacher (WT/VH), Brianstorm should maybe be considered too.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Bass260 PSN Name: Bass260
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scream Aim Fire shouldn't be in the top 10. Unless this list just sticks with stock equipment. The double bass pedal made all the difference for me..

1. Scatterbrain [nonsense broken notes, plus nonsense regular notes]
2. Through the Fire and Flames [endurance, fast, lost of rolls and crossovers]
3. War Ensemble [20+ rolls, and the bass]
4. Beast and the Harlot [drum solo]
5. Purple Haze [randomness of every section]
6. Vicarious [filled with lots of variety]
7. Space Truckin' [Blue string of death, snare roll, all the snare bursts, the outro]
8. 21st Century Schizoid Man [4 minutes of WTF]
9. Painkiller [polyrhythm, and the snare speed ups]
10. Hot For Teacher VH [Hft from WT, without the leniency]

i guess thats my list. Although, I've only really practiced the Space truckin' roll out of all of these.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised noone has mentioned Loss of Control. I know lots of people dread that song.

Also, WarlordTm, I think it would help if you put analysises of the songs as you have them, so people can see why they're placed.

Remember, moose thinks Beast and the Harlot Drum Solo B is the hardest section in any on-disc GH drum song-and that's counting everything in (and coming from the guy who FC'd) War Ensemble and TTFAF, but I doubt anyone would agree with one section making Harlot harder than those two in their entirety. And I can think of one person other than moose who's even close to a War Ensemble FC, and that's WarlordTm himself, not that many people going for Beast and the Harlot, a handful going for TTFAF (like Bendover), and very few for Scatterbrain, also.

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 should OBVIOUSLY be Blue Orchid. What do those kicks measure in at? I believe it's an insane 3-4 nps. Please take this opinion into consideration.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Bass260  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Scream Aim Fire shouldn't be in the top 10. Unless this list just sticks with stock equipment. The double bass pedal made all the difference for me..

1. Scatterbrain [nonsense broken notes, plus nonsense regular notes]
2. Through the Fire and Flames [endurance, fast, lost of rolls and crossovers]
3. War Ensemble [20+ rolls, and the bass]
4. Beast and the Harlot [drum solo]
5. Purple Haze [randomness of every section]
6. Vicarious [filled with lots of variety]
7. Space Truckin' [Blue string of death, snare roll, all the snare bursts, the outro]
8. 21st Century Schizoid Man [4 minutes of WTF]
9. Painkiller [polyrhythm, and the snare speed ups]
10. Hot For Teacher VH [Hft from WT, without the leniency]

i guess thats my list. Although, I've only really practiced the Space truckin' roll out of all of these.

Is Scatterbrain really that hard??? Also your right about SAF, but not everyone has double bass, and I couldn't think of anything else while making that list. Also, someone should just ask Moose, seeing as he's fcd every song except for Space Truckin, which he'll get soon anyway. He should know which songs are overall the hardest to FC.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Bass260 PSN Name: Bass260
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, except Moose will give his list of top 10 songs. Not everyone is moose. Point of any breakdown is too give a consensus.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Bass260  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
True, except Moose will give his list of top 10 songs. Not everyone is moose. Point of any breakdown is too give a consensus.

That's true too, but his opinion would still be at least a bit helpful. Not saying to just take his top 10 list and make it the official list.

Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with this list, very well done. I think that the problem with the last 2 are that all already on the list are songs seem to be 'FGFC breakers' and those 8 all seem to be it, it is much harder choosing the last 2.

As for the numbers 8 & 9, I would say a pick out of these songs:

Trapped Under Ice
Scream Aim Fire
Caught In A Mosh
YYZ
Raining Blood
Painkiller
Loss Of Control
Brianstorm
Hot For Teacher (VH)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: