ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Top 20 Hardest GH Expert Drums FC's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olinea wrote:
WarlordTm wrote:
Olinea wrote:
Does Anything really have a section called "Zakk goes Wylde", or have I never looked through the section names?

I guess you've never been paying attention :P. Zakk Goes Wylde is the section with the green note speed-ups and the R | BBBB| BB| BBBB| GG| GG| fill

Oh. I thought it was a mixup, but the drummer for AES is named Zack. Okay, makes a bit more sense.

Actually, the drummer's name is Andy...
WarlordTm wrote:
Andy Gentile has three songs on this list... coincidence? I think not

"Zakk Goes Wylde" is a reference to the Zakk Wylde Guitar Duel in GH:WT career mode. There's actually a section in the guitar battle that's called "Zakk Goes Wylde". I wouldn't know why they decided to name that section in Anything the same, though.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other guy in AES is named Zach
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no drummer...but shouldn't black betty be lower down on the list? I mean the reaction when it was FC'ed should signify how difficult it is right?

I reckon it should be at least top five...but like I say i'm no drummer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Betty is a crazy ass song. I think it should be lower (a lower number). Out of the DLC songs I'm pretty sure it's the hardest to FC. Also no GLOW? That song hasn't been FC'd, it's pretty damn crazy compared to what people seem to think.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention The Everlasting Gaze, Foxey Lady and If 6 Was 9 are way harder than Caught In A Mosh. Plus Born to Run. Still think there's only 1 Fc of it, song is no push over.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
Black Betty is a crazy ass song. I think it should be lower (a lower number). Out of the DLC songs I'm pretty sure it's the hardest to FC. Also no GLOW? That song hasn't been FC'd, it's pretty damn crazy compared to what people seem to think.

Black Betty is definitely not harder than LCDS or the AES medley, but we'd have to ask xbluedevilzx or bendover for their opinion about it, since they're probably the only drummers who know where it ranks among the hardest FC's. I'm not familiar with GLOW's chart, so I can't really say anything about it right now... I'll look into it.

ElementOfZero wrote:
Not to mention The Everlasting Gaze, Foxey Lady and If 6 Was 9 are way harder than Caught In A Mosh. Plus Born to Run. Still think there's only 1 Fc of it, song is no push over.

Obviously I6W9 should be on the list, I completely forget about that . I'll take a look at the other DLC songs as well.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLOW isn't that hard. But noone plays it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
GLOW isn't that hard. But noone plays it.

As a whole the song is crazy, because there's a lot of fast rolls, that stupid red blue kick green pattern (I suck at it at least lol), and the outro roll is extremely fast.

but I agree with Elements, especially on Born to Run.

TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with the notion of moving CiaM off the list. I'm a crap drummer and I've hit the drum smasher 5 times in a row. It took me literally 3 tries to hit it once, and since then I don't think I've missed it. I've also hit all the fills in one run as well, I just cba to grind the metal beat. If I played it constantly for a couple of days I could FC it, and that generally means it's not an insane FC.

I6W9 deserves to be on the list, CiaM doesn't, imho.
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I'm no drummer...but shouldn't black betty be lower down on the list? I mean the reaction when it was FC'ed should signify how difficult it is right?

I reckon it should be at least top five...but like I say i'm no drummer

Warhiem wrote:
Black Betty is a crazy ass song. I think it should be lower (a lower number). Out of the DLC songs I'm pretty sure it's the hardest to FC.

In this list (or at least the top 10 songs), technically difficult sections should be taken into consideration more than fast/hard but technically-not-so-demanding fills and sections, since you can assume any top drummer has the chops to FC anything requiring speed or raw skills (unless we're talking about stuff like Space Truckin's roll or LCDS' outro blasts). Black Betty is hard because it's extremely broken and there are a few fast fills. Outside of those parts, the hard sections are fast, but not very technical. 21st Century Schizoid Man, for example, has a few broken fills as well, but overall, it's technically way more challenging than Black Betty.

Warhiem wrote:
Also no GLOW? That song hasn't been FC'd, it's pretty damn crazy compared to what people seem to think.

The fills in that song are comparable to the ones in Smoke on the Water, so it doesn't even come close to deserving a spot in the list, imo.

TRiiG3RS wrote:
I also agree with the notion of moving CiaM off the list. I'm a crap drummer and I've hit the drum smasher 5 times in a row. It took me literally 3 tries to hit it once, and since then I don't think I've missed it. I've also hit all the fills in one run as well, I just cba to grind the metal beat. If I played it constantly for a couple of days I could FC it, and that generally means it's not an insane FC.

I6W9 deserves to be on the list, CiaM doesn't, imho.

ElementOfZero wrote:

CiaM was sort of a placeholder, I didn't know the DLC songs that weren't on the list very well, so I just picked an on-disk song that I felt was the hardest one left.

I placed I6W9 between Painkiller and Guilty Pleasures, since it has about as much hard/awkward fills as those and is quite chokeable as well. Foxey Lady isn't as hard as WIMH, so I don't think it deserves a spot on the list. However, The Everlasting Gaze *does* compare to WIMH and has been added to the list.

Born to Run seems like a tough FC, but as with CiaM, the fills might look insane at first, they aren't *that* hard to get consistent with.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering this for awhile now: what exactly constitutes Black Betty as being "broken"? Glitched timing windows? I don't see it present in the reference thread for glitched notes so I've always wondered what exactly is wrong with it.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I've been wondering this for awhile now: what exactly constitutes Black Betty as being "broken"? Glitched timing windows? I don't see it present in the reference thread for glitched notes so I've always wondered what exactly is wrong with it.

some of the fills are charted hyper accurately so bass notes aren't always in time with the other drum notes...making fills super awkward to hit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

The notes aren't glitched or anything, some of them are just very poorly charted. A lot of the bass notes are in between other notes, while they should've been exactly under them. This makes it much harder to hit certain sections, considering you have to play very weird polyrhythmic patterns in order to FC those.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, thanks :P Looking at the notechart with that in mind, a lot of the bass does look ridiculously timed. I understand now

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a bit early, but I decided to add the GH:WoR songs I think are hardest to FC. Mind you, this isn't all my opinion... I've been discussing it with a few other GH drummers, so the list should be pretty accurate now. Thoughts are still very welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: