ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Shuma and Jill are out)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Shuma and Jill are out) Reply with quote

Well I was hopeing for Darkstalkers 4 but This and Super 4 will hold me over till then I guess.

Release Date: February 15, 2011
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Features
• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
• Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
• 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
• Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
• The game will run in 1080p resolution.
• It will be a disc-based release.
• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.
• A "Easy Operation" style gameplay allowing special moves to be pulled off with one button
• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.
• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.
• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.
• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.
• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."
• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.
• New X-Factor ability acts as a burst or hyper cancel once activated you will regain red health wile in play but can only be used once per match.

Story
Dr Doom and Albert Wesker have decided to team up and take over the world with other villains but wake a greater evil instead

Source
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/04/19/captivate_2010:__marvel_vs_capcom_3:_fate_of_two_worlds!!!
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/17/all-official-marvel-vs-capcom-3-works/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/08/four-new-marvel-vs-capcom-3-characters-confirmed/

Cast
Marvel
Wolverine
Iron Man
Hulk
Deadpool
Captain America
Dr Doom
Dormammu
Super-Skrull
Thor
X-23
Spiderman
Magneto
M.O.D.O.K
She-Hulk
Storm
Phoenix
Taskmaster(Unlockable)
Sentinel(Unlockable)

Capcom
Ryu
Morrigan
Chris Redfield
Dante
Felicia
Chun Li
Amaterasu
Trish
Veiwtiful Joe
Tron Bonne
Albert Wesker
Arthur
Nathan "Rad" Spencer
Hagger
Zero
C. Viper
Akuma(Unlockable)
HsienKo(Unlockable)

DLC
Jill Valentine
Shuma Gorath

Last edited by benlikesthesalsa on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:29 am; edited 56 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: zoltanben90 PSN Name: zoltanben90
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, why am I not surprised that you're the first one to cover this story, Ben ?

Well, this is a bit of a surprise. Not having played either of the first two, I find it kind of funny that a game that features comic book characters would get two sequels. I guess it's pretty good, huh?

I heard that Phoenix Wright's gonna be in the game, too. I don't really have a source, aside from someone on Facebook saying so >_>. Nevertheless, it's kind of a funny concept to have a lawyer in a fighting game (lawyer jokes aside lol).

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to play at least the first MvC Qarx. Its available on Mame. MvC2 is available on dreamcast, ps2, xbox, ps3 and xbox 360. At least give the demo a try.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO MvC1 is way better than 2 mainly due to balance and no MAGNETO! I say give MvC1 or 2 a try or if you have a Wii and a GC or Classic controller give TvC a try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
You need to play at least the first MvC Qarx. Its available on Mame. MvC2 is available on dreamcast, ps2, xbox, ps3 and xbox 360. At least give the demo a try.

Will do . *goes to search the interwebs for it*.

EDIT:

Concerning TvC, I found a review on the game. I'm probably going to see how little I can get it for after I play MvC1 lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sixen  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capcom is starting to become my favorite developer. They have so many awesome games coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
I heard that Phoenix Wright's gonna be in the game, too. I don't really have a source, aside from someone on Facebook saying so >_>. Nevertheless, it's kind of a funny concept to have a lawyer in a fighting game (lawyer jokes aside lol).

He apparently was going to be in TvC, but something regarding how many letters "OBJECTION" had in English versus how many it had in Japanese ended up being a problem. Or something. I still want him in a fighting game, dammit <_<

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/captivate-10-marvel-vs/64652
Says its been in development since 2008 but contract issues and other stuff has stalled it. Still that long in development only 30 fighters on a 3v3 fighter? I hope there just down playing it like SSF4 and make 35-40 atleast.

Edit After playing MvC1 again just now I have to ask you guys how you want the ost to be like

MvC1 character style?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkR0UpvsUk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bEMWL_8SlU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9wK64yJqVk&feature=related

or

MvC2 stage style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpr91beVkg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcMDZsPkvoI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VUM_9aBk0&feature=related

I know it will more than likely be stage style but I think the themes in MvC1 fit their characters perfectly but I would like others opinions on this

EDIT #2
Looks like MvC1 style thank god

Last edited by benlikesthesalsa on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: zoltanben90 PSN Name: zoltanben90
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's 30 characters that people actually play, that'll be about 24 more than MvC2 :p

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
If there's 30 characters that people actually play, that'll be about 24 more than MvC2 :p

I guess your right. And small roster means a better crossover story right?

Well here are some clues to 10 other fighters
http://kotaku.com/5518018/marvel-vs-capcom-3s-bombastic-trailer-reveals-16-characters?skyline=true&s=i

NEEDS MORE JUGGERNAUT!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Felicia is back in it. I hope they put her trip combo back in.

My friends HATE it when I pick felicia. Anytime I trip, nail her down to back + 2 kicks super, instant catch/32 hit combo. If they're in the corner and don't roll out, repeat. I did it up to 3 times against a person, 96 hit combo with felicia.

Man, this game is going to be amazing. Zero needs to be in it.
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/5518024/marvel-vs-capcom-3-will-be-a-living-comic-with-a-deep-story

OH FUCK YES ITS GONNA HAVE THE OLD THEMES REMIXED!!!!!!!

Also a deep story? Do we mean deep as SF4 story (Opening/ending) or deep as in Blazblue(A full story mode with arching paths)?

If its gonna have a deep story then Who will be the last boss?
We've had Magneto, Thanos, Apocalypse twice, and Onslaught. (Abyss can suck a huge one he never happened) Who can top those monsters? It has to be some one from Capcom but I dont see Bison, Wily, or Wesker doing it. Im gonna call Sigma, Pyron or Jedah since Dante looks likely.

Last edited by benlikesthesalsa on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want.
Already.
And with the addition of Redfield, that's some awesome ass news. I'll just have to wait and see who else is in the game too, oooh man I can't wait.
Immediate edit: Fucking Dante and Frank West? AND Deadpool? Oh sweet jesus, this game is already looking good. GAHHH I MUST KEEP UPDATED.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlikesthesalsa wrote:
http://kotaku.com/5518024/marvel-vs-capcom-3-will-be-a-living-comic-with-a-deep-story

Also a deep story? Do we mean deep as SF4 story (Opening/ending) or deep as in Blazblue(A full story mode with arching paths)?

We've had Magneto, Thanos, Apocalypse twice, and Onslaught. (Abyss can suck a huge one he never happened) Who can top those monsters? It has to be some one from Capcom but I dont see Bison, Wily, or Wesker doing it. Im gonna call Sigma, Pyron or Jedah since Dante looks likely.

I see Sigma and Sentinal being two possible bosses. ^_^
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
benlikesthesalsa wrote:

I see Sigma and Sentinal being two possible bosses. ^_^

The more I think about it and the name of the title

It will be Galactis vs Pyron or Planet Eater vs Planet Eater a hybrid of the 2 will be the the final boss. Sigma would be more fun and he has potental to have 3 forms a Balanced form/Over Powered form/Wall Boss form. But I dont see that happening due to no Maverick army (Or Burn Roster as a fighter AWK!) Sentinel wasnt even a boss in XMen CotA. JUGG WAS!!!!!!!!(Mag was final) Unless you want a Wall boss Sentinel but still not epic villain. Unless you want to say Sentinels are mavericks but I still think Galactis vs Pyron could be the most epic story to be used

Edit I added more info to the first post from Eventhubs
• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.
• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.
• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
• The game will run in 1080p resolution.
• It will be a disc-based release.
• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/17/all-official-marvel-vs-capcom-3-works/

I also have to be the bearer of bad news. As of right now, the game won't feature "Take You For A Ride." However, given the fan love for Marvel vs. Capcom 2’s character select screen music, I wouldn't rule it eventually getting in. Marvel's Baker also promised more of a storyline for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but made clear it wasn't going to be a story-driven game. There needed to be a narrative reason for the worlds colliding, though, and Marvel wanted each character to have their own individual game ending.

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63559/marvel-vs-capcom-3/articles/70546/Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-Fate-of-Two-Worlds-First-Impressions/

Well there rules out the blazblue style story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42

Jump to: