ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Shuma and Jill are out)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
So i think i'm changing it up to Nova/Frank/Hawkeye, i don't think Doom is gonna be a good anchor once people start respecting the dive kick, and i think Greyhound works better for roll mixups with Frank so i'm gonna switch (not that i think Hawkeye is a great anchor either)

Also, someone managed to purchase 10,000 MS points on my account yesterday, so my XBL is currently locked out pending investigation. Meaning i'm stuck playing endless sets against the CPU in training mode

Hawkeye and Doom are both really, really good anchors, their movesets are so solid and diverse, they can deal with a lot of charecters just by themselves. Doom is not just divekick all day! (and have you seen hawkeye level 3 x factor chip?)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow got a double post by accident So I'll just use this space here to mention I might start learning Hawkeye cause his combos are fun to watch!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, we had AT&T for not even a week before switching back to Comcast. So my online matches should be much much smoother. Meaning that I have to go into training again.
I had a team of Task/Frank/Dorm but I'm looking for something speedy, evasive and powerful. Any tips on this?
daevlol  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
I had a team of Task/Frank/Dorm but I'm looking for something speedy, evasive and powerful. Any tips on this?

Hawkeye/Wesker/Zero/Wolverine(hes still really good!) are all pretty good for those things, take out the powerful requirement and Felicia/Strider are also a very good choice(also strider with x factor and uroburos is pretty damn powerful also, he just doesnt seem like he gets tons of damage otherwise) Remove "speedy" and Spencer is also a good choice, being evasive and verrrrrrrrrry powerful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
Sottle wrote:
So i think i'm changing it up to Nova/Frank/Hawkeye, i don't think Doom is gonna be a good anchor once people start respecting the dive kick, and i think Greyhound works better for roll mixups with Frank so i'm gonna switch (not that i think Hawkeye is a great anchor either)

Also, someone managed to purchase 10,000 MS points on my account yesterday, so my XBL is currently locked out pending investigation. Meaning i'm stuck playing endless sets against the CPU in training mode

Hawkeye and Doom are both really, really good anchors, their movesets are so solid and diverse, they can deal with a lot of charecters just by themselves. Doom is not just divekick all day! (and have you seen hawkeye level 3 x factor chip?)

Without a covering assist, Dooms mixups are pretty weak in my opinion and his X-Factor can be lamed out pretty effectively by characters with good air mobility.

Hawkeye, i think is a notch above Doom, but still not a great anchor. His X-Factor chip is serious enough that you can't lame him out, but i think he suffers from the same problem opening people up on his own, plus his stuff is really unsafe without assist characters and he's free to teleports when he's solo. Also Gimlet is unsafe on hit, not sure how many people know that at this point.

I think a good anchor should have all or most of the following on top of a good assist, (primarily under x-factor, but also without) a fast and safe(ish) high/low or left/right mixup solo, a command grab, a way to beat pushblock and maintain safe pressure, a way to attack at super jump height, good damage, good speed.

Hawkeye and Doom don't really tick a lot of boxes on that list, while people like Wesker, Spencer and Wolverine have most if not all of them.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
daevlol  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're fogetting something about Hawkeye, he's not only projectiles. He's as free to teleports as any other member in the castm his jump H has a really good hitbox, etc. He can get a lot of damage in by himself if he can open them up, and yes, maybe his solo mixups arent all that great (close range trick maneuver h works pretty well against the unawares), but that hasn't stopped other charecters from being great anchors in the past(spencer) being able to punish anything on reaction with gimlet is just as good as it sounds, and yes its unsafe on hit, if youre right next to your opponent, its completely safe otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer has way better tools to open you up than Hawkeye, he has a command grab, a decent overhead, ambigious zip line setups etc.

Anyway, i think you're over reacting to what i said, i never said that Hawkeye isn't viable as an anchor, or else i wouldn't play him there. He's just not great, unfortunately all of the other anchors that are great are either characters that don't interest me or don't fit this team.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the H&H update stealth patched Phoenix Wright.

His Turnabout assists are no longer invincible.

Retarded.

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
So the H&H update stealth patched Phoenix Wright.

His Turnabout assists are no longer invincible.

Retarded.

I disagree.

I was much more excited for H&H before I found out that you'll have to unlock cards in Arcade Mode. I got every character ending in vanilla, so I can pretty much go the rest of my life without doing another arcade run and be completely happy.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he was so dominant he needed it?

I can understand if Capcom decided to take a stand in principle against invincible assists, but surely they understand that he needs other buffs if they're going to take away his only useful asset.

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Because he was so dominant he needed it?

I can understand if Capcom decided to take a stand in principle against invincible assists, but surely they understand that he needs other buffs if they're going to take away his only useful asset.

See, I completely agree with the second statement. They shouldn't have to give a broken assist to a character in order to make him usable, they should understand that "Okay, if this dude needs this stupid assist to counter how terrible he is (most of the time), why don't we just make him better?" Unfortunately, they don't think like that. =/
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really do arcade runs for cards, you just do lots of single battles for cards. Still grindy, but you can do it at your own pace.

Cards are tons of fun to experiment with right now.

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
daevlol  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PW says "TAKE THAT!" instead of "TAKE THIS!" in his level 3 now.

Enough of a buff to make up for anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuronn is my favorite player ever

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Fanatiq to change his button config last night on his stream, he swore there was no way to map 1 button x-factor. My only regret is that with his gambling addiction i totally could have milked some cash out of him.

Also anyone see Combofiend's Nova rip through the entire Loser's bracket on Wednesday? Hoooooly shit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: