Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The AP Test Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP US History was the worst class of my life. Didn't do a damn thing in the class, didn't study at all, still got a 3 >_>

This year -

AP Eng (Lit and Comp) - should be a 5. My teacher grades our essays pretty harshly, and I know that all you have to do is average about an 8 or so for a 5 if you do decently on the multiple choice. I've been getting high enough scores on the multiple choice tests we've done in class to have gotten a 5 at any point this year, so I'm not incredibly worried. Last week we did a poetry essay and I absolutely destroyed it (as far as I can tell; haven't been graded yet) and heard everyone in class including my teacher say how hard it was. So yeah.

AP Psych - multiple choice is probably going to be the hard part for this one. Since the essays are over material rather than picking out concepts from a selection, I'm not overly worried about those; the MC, though ... I've seen a great deal of random questions on our tests, so if the exam is anything worse then I might be in trouble. But hopefully studying and having better-worded questions can allay my worry.

May 6th and May 11th are the last days I care about anything school related >_> I also enjoy that I get the day off for both of these.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having my first AP Exam this year, AP Calc AB. I'm taking it as a junior because I skipped a grade in math back in middle school. Next year I'm looking at AP exams for Stats, Calc BC, and Physics C. Should be fun!
SAW4135  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some of you guys have some classes our school doesn't even offer. No AP Physics FTL, only "Physics 2".

This year, I'm only taking AP Chemistry. And for some reason, I'm really kinda scared. I've absolutely destroyed most of the tests this year, I have like a solid 96% in the class, I've done practice with stuff, but I feel on test day, I'm not going to have had the proper preparation and I'm gonna forget everything I've learned this year.

Any advice? I'm typically a really good test taker, but there is just so much to remember for this test, IMO. If anyone has taken the AP Chem test and would like to give me a few pointers of what to expect, that would be very appreciated. Our teacher is going to start reviewing next week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macroeconomics AP test for me pretty soon. I don't get half of it though. I'm expecting a 3 on it, if I'm lucky, a 4

Aggregate Supply, Aggregate Demand, This and that, Price Levels, Equilibrium, World Trade, That and this... ugh. I hate studying

EDIT: Not sure if it matters much but, I'm a freshman

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAW4135 wrote:
Wow, some of you guys have some classes our school doesn't even offer. No AP Physics FTL, only "Physics 2".

Any advice? I'm typically a really good test taker, but there is just so much to remember for this test, IMO. If anyone has taken the AP Chem test and would like to give me a few pointers of what to expect, that would be very appreciated. Our teacher is going to start reviewing next week.

Our school didn't have enough people sign up for AP Physics It sucks, because the physics teacher is effing AMAZING and the people who did sign up would have made it an amazing class.

I haven't, but I can say that for any AP test you should definitely focus on whatever your weakness is; I know I'm not going to be doing much multiple choice review for the AP English test, for example, because I feel like I have that stuff down. Work on your weaknesses even if you do poorly initially, rather than your strengths so you can feel good about yourself.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a love/hate relationship with these tests. I get straight 100s all year in AP US History, yet I feel like I'm going to fail miserably on test day. Maybe this is early paranoia setting in?

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only taking APUSH, and I'm just a tad worried, naturally, but I'm fairly confident. I'm among the best in the class and have a general knowledge of the stuff, and I'm reviewing like mad. Specifically:

This book is AMAZING. Practice MC's in each "chapter" (which wonderfully cover stuff you'd expect on the AP Exam), occasional practice DBQ's, practice FRQ's, and an entire practice test at the end. It sucks that this thread started so late, there doesn't seem to be much to do with a week and a half left .

In the class itself, we're reviewing like mad. We're taking practice questions and reading/taking notes/reviewing terms from the AP book on stuff from different time periods at once. We're getting to the Progressive Era in class, we're around the pre-civil war area in our terms, and I'm reading from the colonial times in the book above. This steady pattern should make me pretty knowledgeable by the time of the test. I'm aiming for at least a 4, but a 5 would obviously be all the better.

As for next year, I'm taking AP Art History (my current APUSH teacher, who is awesome, is teaching it and planning to make it a great class), AP Government, and AP Calculus AB (which I should be in this year, but this school sucks). I've been lazy with AP's throughout high school (should have been in AP World History last year and AP English this year), but oh well. Actually, I should get back to studying the book some more.
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one with AP Spanish? My teacher makes the AP spanish test sound like it's going to be so impossible, that no one besides the native spanish speakers in my class have a chance. I've been naturally pretty good at spanish my whole life (I've had classes since 2nd grade) but every practice essay, and speaking activity we do, I get a 1 on... T_T (Well, I've actually been working pretty hard recently and got a 2+ on my most recent essay ) Anyway, if anyone's taken the AP Spanish test before, can you tell me, is it really INSANELY hard?? I'm scared :P

Also have APUSH, shouldn't be too bad, I've heard its easy and with a little review, I'm guessing I should be fine. How harsh are they on grading your DBQ's? I'm not that great of an essay writer

I'm a junior btw, if it makes a difference :P
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solrac7623 wrote:
We're getting to the Progressive Era in class...

You mean to tell me that you have over eighty years left to study in the time-span of a week? Good luck with that. I feel for you.

We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
solrac7623 wrote:

You mean to tell me that you have over eighty years left to study in the time-span of a week? Good luck with that. I feel for you.

Dunno about this year's test, but when I took it as a sophomore the last probably hundred years or so were crammed together and there really weren't that many questions about them on the actual AP exam, so I wouldn't really be all that worried. I dunno what it is, but the exam creators really focus on the development of the nation rather than the post-WWI era.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Dunno about this year's test, but when I took it as a sophomore the last probably hundred years or so were crammed together and there really weren't that many questions about them on the actual AP exam, so I wouldn't really be all that worried. I dunno what it is, but the exam creators really focus on the development of the nation rather than the post-WWI era.
Yeah, there'a hardly any questions pre-Revolution or post-WWI. Most of the questions are from the 19th century. Although I have heard that there are some extremely recent questions on the test, maybe even Obama recent.

The multiple choice won't be a problem for me, but the DBQ/FRQ will. I'm fine with my thesis and how to organize essays, but I suck at using outside information, or the information they give for that matter. >_> I guess I always seem to blank out when doing them, and the time limit certainly won't help.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DBQ is the worst form of essay ever created by mankind. I absolutely HATED doing them in APUSH; I never got good at using all the information they give you and I had trouble coming up with a decent workable thesis a large percentage of the time. SOOOO glad that APUSH was the only class in which I had to deal with them.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

cdylan13  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:
solrac7623 wrote:

I took it last year and it is definitely enough to screw you out of a 5.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had oppurtunities to take Calc AB, and would love to at least find an online resource to do questions cause i dont want to buy a book. Also had a chance to take AP Economics exams but decided there would be no point with dual enrollment college credits.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I had to read/study the last six or seven chapters of my WHAP book, and I managed a three. We finished WELL early this year in APUSH, and we've been reviewing for two weeks or so. Hopefully I'll do pretty well.

Also, I'm about 100% sure there won't be any questions as recent as Obama, to whoever said that above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: