Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The AP Test Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AGwaG  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Canadian so the AP stuff available is a little more scarce, my school is one of only a handful of my region of Toronto where you can take any AP courses. Also this idea of taking AP courses as a junior is just weird for me, thats pretty much impossible for us.

But I'm taking the BC calculus exam next week. I've only learned a couple of the BC topics, based on preparedness I probably should be taking the AB exam, but I'll see what happens. I'm thinking I'll probably pull off a 4 with some cramming on the BC material.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking Physics B as my first AP test. I doubt I'll do good because we have skipped so many chapters in our book and took way too long on easier concepts because the rest of the people in my class aren't that smart. I'm probably going to have to end up teaching myself a lot of modern physics and stuff about light and sound.

But my teacher says a 4 is something like a 60 percent on the test? I don't know how accurate that is, but it shouldn't be difficult to manage that...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
InjuredStatus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXryannn wrote:
I'm taking Physics B as my first AP test. I doubt I'll do good because we have skipped so many chapters in our book and took way too long on easier concepts because the rest of the people in my class aren't that smart. I'm probably going to have to end up teaching myself a lot of modern physics and stuff about light and sound.

But my teacher says a 4 is something like a 60 percent on the test? I don't know how accurate that is, but it shouldn't be difficult to manage that...

IIRC, a bit higher than a 60 percent should get you a 5. But, of course, the test will be really difficult. We actually just finished nuclear stuff earlier this week and we're reviewing right now.
xXryannn  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InjuredStatus wrote:
IIRC, a bit higher than a 60 percent should get you a 5. But, of course, the test will be really difficult. We actually just finished nuclear stuff earlier this week and we're reviewing right now.

Honestly it seems like a 60 percent is possible only knowing Newtonian mechanics and electricity/magnetism. I have that shit down so I guess I won't do that bad.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
Devil666555SH  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USH
Chem
Spanish
English

Those are the four i'm taking and I think English and USH should be simple but Chem and Spanish seem pretty hard :/ Wish I could take calc but I got to take it nxt year:3 Least I save $86. Anyone here had experience with the Chem exam?
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we open this up to IB exams too? Granted, I haven't reached that level yet, but they are significantly different. I'm sure others have these exams coming up.

I'm really sweating the IB Spanish exam, even though it's two years away. Talking for 15 minutes in Spanish after just four years of in-class study in a high school?

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Devil666555SH  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking in spanish is terrible:/ I get so nervous when i do it lol. The worst part about Spanish exams is the essays since my teacher goes crazy if we don't have a accent over a letter -.-
Ripley92  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a junior, taking Government on Monday and English Language and Composition on the 12th. I'm feeling a three on government only because I've barely studied at all, and maybe a four or five on English.

Normally I wouldn't be so confident, but everyone says I'll do good and I got a three on US History last year with practically no studying.

My accomplishments
Goals
Get 10 FC's on each Guitar Hero game I own
[]GH1 (1) []GH2 (2) []GH80's (2) [x]GH3 (23) []GHA (8) [x]GHWT (25) []GHM (9) [x]GHSH (11) [x]GH5 (45) [x]GHVH (12)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ripley 92
freakshowexcess  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order, I have English Literature and Composition, US History, both Physics C exams, Chemistry, and both Economics exams. I can't imagine not getting at least a 4 on all of them, and it's definitely possible for me to get all 5s. I already got a 5 on the Calculus BC exam last year, so with all of these tests I could be looking at about a year worth of credit, which would be awesome. I have to wait and see how I do though. Physics C and Economics could present some problems for me, since I didn't take any classes for them and taught myself the material.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freakshowGH

Check out some of my music at www.myspace.com/mikeguyer
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer Science on tuesday. I'm going to fail, I suck at that class.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP English on Thursday. I took a practice test this past Thursday, got a 47/55 on the multiple choice section. Pissed me off because I should have had a 50 easily - changed an answer (I always tell myself never to do that, I go from right to wrong close to 100% of the time) and completely misread a question, then just a couple of other questions I could have read to selections better to get right. Still, good for a 5 with three 7s on the essays, which is easily achievable, especially since I got an 8 on the first one my teacher graded. Pretty pumped based on that, my multiple choice score was the best of anyone in all three AP Eng classes (surprised me since it felt really easy) and I felt confident about two of my three essays being at least a 7 if not an 8. Time was also not an issue, two hours for three essays isn't as worrisome as it seemed back in the fall. for confidence now.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Devil666555SH  

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wensday marks my Chem exam:3 I have a feeling I'll get a four but a 5 if I pull through and study more
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP Government test was a success!

My teacher officially owes me $1000 because he bet me that Brown v Board of Education would show up on that test, and we even shook on it. Although it was really just for fun, it's still really dumb that it wasn't on there at all because its definitely one of the most important Supreme Court cases.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the countdown to the APUSH test begins. Man, I'm a little nervous. Even though I got 57/80 right on the practice test, which put me well into the 5-zone, I still feel like I'm going to get crapped on when I actually take the test.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
So the countdown to the APUSH test begins. Man, I'm a little nervous. Even though I got 57/80 right on the practice test, which put me well into the 5-zone, I still feel like I'm going to get crapped on when I actually take the test.

Similar to me with Euro. I've taken two practice tests and got 55/80 on one and 57/80 on the other, which is good enough for a 5 but then there's the impossible essays... thankfully I understand it a lot better then when I took the practice tests. I predict I can get at least 75% on MC, an 8 or 9 on the DBQ and around 5s on the two FRQs. That should be good enough for a 5, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: