ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
May DLC Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a new page here with a little optimism for once:-

dr00bles wrote:
Oh come now, guys, stop your bawwing. I personally think recycling songs from non-band-centric games is a great idea. If anything, it gives us hope that they're continuing to gain usage licenses for songs from previous games. Plus, it re-introduces us to tunes from games past.

dr00bles ftw. That's exactly how I felt about the GH Smash Hits setlist, getting to do some of the classics on instruments other than guitar. I'm surprised that some of you are bawwing against some of the Aerosmith tracks simply because "they were already in GH Aerosmith", not anything to do with any full-band expansions/re-charts.

I wouldn't call myself the biggest Aerosmith fan in the world tho, far from it, but it's not gonna stop me from checking the tracks out. You guys should think and judge for yourself when the DLC emerges

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
Oh come now, guys, stop your bawwing. I personally think recycling songs from non-band-centric games is a great idea. If anything, it gives us hope that they're continuing to gain usage licenses for songs from previous games. Plus, it re-introduces us to tunes from games past.

It can be alright, but when it takes up most of the month? I'd much rather have new and fresh stuff than songs with a modified chart and drums/vocals. Could've easily had one week be all the repeat stuff and then the rest of it fresh stuff people are asking for...
TheGreatDave  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M3wThr33 wrote:
As TheGreatDave pointed out. For those who owned the old games and DLC, May has a whopping 4 new tracks.

Once again I question the output considering by this point last year we had Guitar Hero: Metallica. Even without a retail game, we're 17 songs behind last year's DLC pace. (14 was last month. This is another 3 this month)

http://twitpic.com/1k3tov

Well, there will obviously be DLC the last week. So 7 songs in the month. Whoo!

Honestly, I don't mind the Aerosmith repeats. Sweet Home is the biggest issue. I'm all for them offering the exported tracks as individual tracks, just don't take away from my oh so precious 3 a week.

Last edited by TheGreatDave on Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: A Great Dave
boss1592  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Thought I'd start a new page here with a little optimism for once:-

dr00bles wrote:

dr00bles ftw. That's exactly how I felt about the GH Smash Hits setlist, getting to do some of the classics on instruments other than guitar. I'm surprised that some of you are bawwing against some of the Aerosmith tracks simply because "they were already in GH Aerosmith", not anything to do with any full-band expansions/re-charts.

I wouldn't call myself the biggest Aerosmith fan in the world tho, far from it, but it's not gonna stop me from checking the tracks out. You guys should think and judge for yourself when the DLC emerges

and il agree here as well, i personally would kill to see some more of the WT tracks or SH tracks, or even some metallica re-released for DLC on a game that is better in pretty much every way, technically than the earlier GH games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:

i am bawing simply because they use songs we already had in the past. there's so many great songs by these bands that could be use instead of the repeats. this is the first time i will miss a complete month of DLC. repeats = boring and no sales.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how excited for this I got when I thought it was "Face Down" was the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus? I give you guys a year to put that on.

Other then that eh. May or may not buy some later but I don't really care about it at this point. What happened to the last week?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't help but be disappointed...i'm fine with repeats, but don't have that be the only thing that comes out that week! put out more than 3 songs a week....some old, some new!

and no final week? are they giving up or what?
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerosmith songs are ones I'm fine with... But man, they seem to be giving the vibe that they're running out of steam. They said they were going to increase the DLC output, that didn't exactly happen.

But still, LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR, LIVIN' IT UP WHEN I'M GOIN' DOWN!

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Classic Rock 3 Pack (May 6 for XBox 360 + Wii, May 11 for PS3)
"Juke Box Hero" - Foreigner
"Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Take the Money and Run" - Steve Miller Band

Alternative Pop Track Pack (May 11 for XBox 360, Wii, PS3)
"Face Down" - Alpha Rev
"Low Day" - Capra
"You're All I Have" - Snow Patrol

Aerosmith Track Pack (May 18 for XBox 360, Wii, PS3)
"Livin' On The Edge"
"Love In An Elevator"
"Rag Doll"

Wow you know that Alternative Pop Pack isn't that bad at all *surprised*
Garwood  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May makes me go

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerosmith pack is amazing.

Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I'm not one to complain, but if you're going to release an Aerosmith Track Pack, I really hoped it'd be songs not on the original game. You know like "Dude Likes A Lady" or "Janie's Gotta Gun". I seriously think that Live in an Elevator is the only good choice for full band for the Track Pack. The other songs are really just appealing on Vocals. I can't say this isn't a rant or anything, but it's a bit disapointing. Especially Sweet Home Alabama. I really don't get why they did that. I mean if you're going to make an arguement over that people don't want to buy the full games, I really don't consider it fair seeing that you're buying DLC. You know, just my 2 cents.
sora9090  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sweet home alabama (original version ) has never been charted before they have been charting the live version so if people dont like the live version they can have the original and the areosmith packs are awwsome !!! ive been dreaming if they are ever going to release there songs ! and finally here it is !!!! : D even though i dont have drums but ill try to get the drums sepretly .-. and try them songs out.
Aram  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see some more DLC for GH3, it's the GH game most people care about and it would be AWESOME to have more challenging DLC.

GH3 Scores [360]
68/70 GH3X FCs
TTFAF 943k
Retired
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather be surprised by these shitty trackpacks, than have a bad DLC month to look forward to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: