ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
5/6 DLC - Classic Rock 3 Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um... Kingsy... what the fuck are you talking about?

it was made very clear back when GH5 came out and yet again when BH DLC compatibility was announced that all exports from WT and SH, all DLC, and anything else they ever export if that ever happens (NO FUCKING WAY) will be part of the GH Platform, which is to say that it's playable in GH5, BH, and also all future iterations of GH.

what they are doing now is releasing the same charts and songs as were in GHWT (SHA) and GHSH (Free Bird) to make them available to people who didn't buy either game and thus cannot export. what they are NOT doing is actually telling anyone that they are the same exact versions and mentioning that if anyone did export then they should not buy the song. the bold part is the part i have issue with. the only part i have issue with.

I would be very content if they decided to release every exportable song as DLC singles with a notation that they were also available through export of (game name). that's not what's happening here.

also they took the time to rechart free bird. it's out there on wii. they just fucked up in releasing the chart to 360 and ps3. so now every system has one console exclusive song in the GH series. unlike the halo theme and god of war theme, this one is only due to stupidity.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingsy wrote:
But Activision doesn't decide if we can still play the imports in GH6 when it releases, the record labels do. In which case Activision's contract with MCA to have the rights to use the songs in GH5 will expire. With that, instead of rereleasing the songs through the next set of WT and SH imports with most likey one or two songs not coming over and Skynyrd being added in the new Import, which would make you all more furious? Rereleasing Skynyrd as DLC or Rereleasing Skynyrd through another set of Imports? So either way we would have to pay more money to play them but through the DLC route, others who might not have access to imports are able to download the songs serperately.

And yes, "Take the Money and Run" is great. So is Juke Box Hero, you should pick it up as well.

And if you don't pick up JBH because it was DLC for GH3, let me be the first to introduce you all to Smash Hits 2! Everyone wanted GH:SH as DLC and now we are getting it that way! So enjoy!

Imports are DLC

DLC will transfer

The End.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
g0dly  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i mean realistically it seems like they are trying to scam people out of 2 dollars by re releasing these songs. perhaps there is some legal reason to do it like this, but the issue is that they don't tell you that it's the same chart that you have already paid for twice (disk and import license), and if you have it on your hard drive already you are basically giving them 2 dollars for nothing.

i don't see how doing something like this is ethical and it is defiantly not fair. it borders on illegal since you give them money for something and they give you nothing in return. it would be like if you bought a song, deleted it, and then tried to download again only to find that they want another 2 dollars from you for the song you already purchased. you already paid for it and have the legal rights to use it so charging you for the same license again isn't legal right?

that is the issue at hand. i don't care that you put the same songs out again, i care that you can charge me for the same thing twice without telling me that its the same thing you already sold me.
mops  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't seen these songs show up in the Playstation store. Anybody else have this problem?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The May DLC Announcement said that PS3 owners will get them tomorrow, along with the Alternative Pop track pack. So theoretically, you're missing a week but you get 2 DLC packs the week after

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mops wrote:
I still haven't seen these songs show up in the Playstation store. Anybody else have this problem?

same here. they didnt show up last week. really strange.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need to quote this as a reminder?

The May DLC Announcement wrote:
The Classic Rock 3 Track Pack will be available on the PlayStation®Store for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system starting May 11. It will also be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and on Wii™ on May 6.

That means you PS3 guys are getting it along with the Alternative Pop stuff today, so there we go.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Do I need to quote this as a reminder?

The May DLC Announcement wrote:
The Classic Rock 3 Track Pack will be available on the PlayStation®Store for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system starting May 11. It will also be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and on Wii™ on May 6.

That means you PS3 guys are getting it along with the Alternative Pop stuff today, so there we go.

ah thnkx. didnt read. not the first time we get something delayed lately. I wonder why since we're paying for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: