ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 Leagues - Leagues Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevster10  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No RB1 expert guitar? Or was it up there, and then didn't get enough sign-ups?
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevster10 wrote:

It was on there originally, just didn't get the signups it needed.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Sixen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might have been answered but:

Is there a magic number on how many signups were needed to keep it to the next round? I would assume it would depend on the instrument, but figured I would ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:

Is there a magic number on how many signups were needed to keep it to the next round? I would assume it would depend on the instrument, but figured I would ask.

In the past it has been 40. Some exceptions are made, but that is generally what was looked for before and what we'll be looking for to keep them open this time.

At the moment, only 7 of the divisions have 40 or more.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
trevster10  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
trevster10 wrote:

It was on there originally, just didn't get the signups it needed.

Ah, okay. Thank you.
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to join while the league is going? my dads coming home june 22 which is in the middle of week 2 i know he wants to try being in a league
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prebensoerensen wrote:
is it possible to join while the league is going? my dads coming home june 22 which is in the middle of week 2 i know he wants to try being in a league

You can't sign up after they begin, but you can sign up and not submit for the first week as long as you let us know you intend to submit for the rest of the weeks.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP has been updated with the final list of GH leagues that will run. The preliminary signups are over and official signups have begun -- you need to sign up again even if you signed up before today. All the preliminary signups have been cleared out.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
Sixen wrote:

In the past it has been 40. Some exceptions are made, but that is generally what was looked for before and what we'll be looking for to keep them open this time.

what the fuck? In every league I've been in, there has NEVER been more than 40. The year I participated in Hard Drums for RB1, there was only around 12-16... why the requirement so high?
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
Sixen wrote:

what the fuck? In every league I've been in, there has NEVER been more than 40. The year I participated in Hard Drums for RB1, there was only around 12-16... why the requirement so high?

And we saw how that went didn't we?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
Sixen wrote:

Went fine for me... I enjoyed it.

Last edited by Sarg338 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
Sixen wrote:

FYI we didn't require 40 for a league to make this list. The number ended up being a decent amount lower than that.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
woozerkristen wrote:
Sixen wrote:

We let in everything that reached 30 plus several others. Probably 12-16 were still playing in that league at the end, but chances are the number who signed up at the start was a lot higher. Thank people and their inability to follow through on their commitments. When historically half of the people who sign up are going to drop out (at least), I'm sure you can understand why we'd set the initial number pretty high. Hopefully this season, people will break the trend. (They better, or we may not do it again.)

TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorehero: play expert or you suck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:
Scorehero: play expert or you suck.

We have all explained calm and rationally. We did not have much of a say in what leagues make it. We included all possible leagues at the start to give a very fair playing ground and the numbers decided it.

No one is saying hard people aren't allowed here, but clearly there is not much of a demand for a hard league. We would've loved for hard to get 40, 70, even 100 signups, but it didn't happen.

We have to cut leagues we don't think have a chance of having at least a decent turnout by the playoffs.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: