ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 11 Leagues - Now Running!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KinGod wrote:
few questions, is pic proof required for normal rounds and/or playoffs, who gets into playoffs and how, and are there prizes involved? Thanks
Signed up for GHMXG and GHSHXG, 39th and 41st ranked atm in the world so I might do well

Picture proof is not required for normal rounds for single player leagues. Picture proof is required however for all playoffs, as well as normal rounds for coop and band leagues (basically any league that only plays 2 songs a week).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god it's been too long since this has happened. I really hope it goes well this time. I stopped playing in leagues because of all the drop outs. Nevertheless it's once again time to dust off the old GH2 disc and hope that Jordan finally gets picked in one of these leagues. Good luck to all.

The first official announcement for Rock Band 3 will reveal that the game will have a brand new physics engine, which will only be used for breast physics.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups are now closed and Round 1 of leagues has begun. Good luck to all involved!

Keep in mind you can submit scores early and update them as many times as you want as you improve throughout the week. Any score is better than no score, so don't hesitate to add submissions ASAP!

League Interface | GH League Forums | RB League Forums

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! I'm excited to be a part of these again! Looks like we're gettin' right down to business right away, Institutionalized & FTK for GH2X and Nothing For Me Here & Holiday In Cambodia for GH3X in Week 1...fun fun, all I wanted was one Pepsi

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm new to this whole league thing. But the OMB leagues are intriguing. So I sign up for GHM and GHSH OMBs in the first rounds.

So they get cut. Hmm. But RB2 OMBs are still available. OK, never played it, but I go out and buy RB2. Which for Wii is damn hard to find in stores these days, but I found one used copy.

And I hate it. Can't STAND the way the drums are charted. Hate the way the highway is animated -- can't explain it, but GH just *feels* so much better. But I don't want to make this a RB vs. GH argument, and hell, all of Moving Pictures is available on DLC so I download Tom Sawyer and play through it a few times and start to get the hang of the way the drums are charted. But I absolutely don't care to play the game enough to unlock all the on-disc content, so I sign up for the DLC league. I mean, there really is a LOT of good DLC for this game.

So cool, league play is finally gonna start, and I see that the RB2 DLC OMB song for the week is "Me and My Gang". Hmm. Never heard of it. Let's check rockband.com for the scoop... and ....

REALLY? RASCAL f'ing FLATTS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I went though all this trouble to find this friggin' game just to play in a OMB league, and RASCAL freaking FLATTS is the first thing I have to deal with?!? And I have to pay 2 bucks for it, which means some of my money is actually going to the bank accounts of the guys in RASCAL FLATTS?

Oy vey.
TQSG  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... what... augh.. no... I forgot to sign up today... Oh well, maybe next time. I guess I might just play along or something, anyways...

Good luck to all involved.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graymatterpdx wrote:
So, I'm new to this whole league thing. But the OMB leagues are intriguing. So I sign up for GHM and GHSH OMBs in the first rounds.

So they get cut. Hmm. But RB2 OMBs are still available. OK, never played it, but I go out and buy RB2. Which for Wii is damn hard to find in stores these days, but I found one used copy.

And I hate it. Can't STAND the way the drums are charted. Hate the way the highway is animated -- can't explain it, but GH just *feels* so much better. But I don't want to make this a RB vs. GH argument, and hell, all of Moving Pictures is available on DLC so I download Tom Sawyer and play through it a few times and start to get the hang of the way the drums are charted. But I absolutely don't care to play the game enough to unlock all the on-disc content, so I sign up for the DLC league. I mean, there really is a LOT of good DLC for this game.

So cool, league play is finally gonna start, and I see that the RB2 DLC OMB song for the week is "Me and My Gang". Hmm. Never heard of it. Let's check rockband.com for the scoop... and ....

REALLY? RASCAL f'ing FLATTS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I went though all this trouble to find this friggin' game just to play in a OMB league, and RASCAL freaking FLATTS is the first thing I have to deal with?!? And I have to pay 2 bucks for it, which means some of my money is actually going to the bank accounts of the guys in RASCAL FLATTS?

Oy vey.

Well, if you hate it this badly, go return the game again and don't participate.

I'm in that league as well, and really dislike country, but the songs are picked totally at random and out of like a thousand songs, odds are actually pretty good that songs you really like are NOT going to come up. You can either deal with it or you can't.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god dammit I was gone for the past week and I couldn't sign up again >.<

Hopefully there's gonna be another season...

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graymatterpdx wrote:
So, I'm new to this whole league thing. But the OMB leagues are intriguing...
But I absolutely don't care to play the game enough to unlock all the on-disc content, so I sign up for the DLC league. I mean, there really is a LOT of good DLC for this game.

Uhhh...I don't think you realize that in Quickplay all the songs are available from the get-go, so you didn't have to play to unlock anything at all.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graymatterpdx wrote:

Oy vey.

LOL. Well, the randomizer came up with it . I am willing to overrule the randomizer if it picks a widely hated song (e.g. Pixies "Silver") since OMB forces you to play the song a lot. But in this case, it's a well rated song on drums and vocals, and it's a song where the hardest part is vocals (Tier 7), so it looked like an intriguing choice for week 1.

But I do feel your pain a bit after seeing what they did to "Life is a Highway".
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I liked Me and my Gang...That Rascal Flatts song isn't that bad.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, DYFLWD on GH5 guitar....
Thank god for no Story Of my Life on GH3, that would have killed me instantly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man, HiC, NfmH and PbFo in my first week? Hard songs !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strutter (gh2) is in both of my leagues first weeks >_> thank god its a half decent song and not YWC

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:

Uhhh...I don't think you realize that in Quickplay all the songs are available from the get-go, so you didn't have to play to unlock anything at all.

There may be a lot I'm not realizing about RB2 game play since I'm accustomed to the way GH functions, but when I go to Quickplay, there are only about 20 songs available at the simple end of the spectrum. So I assumed that it takes a certain amount of career play to unlock "the good stuff".

And my original post was rather tongue-in-cheek, so cheers if you picked up on the tone and my bad if you didn't. I can't tell which of the available emoticons is the "smart-ass sarcasm" smiley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: