Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JEFF MANGUM TOUR YES!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, everyone go listen to Live at Jittery Joe's. It's quite the live album.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmetalhead wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
He's not really like REM at all. I mean, they're both kind of an indie/alternative rock, but that's where the similarities end. I wouldn't necessarily expect you do find them that similar if you listen to NMH after hearing a lot of REM.
Ohh, well, I'll give him a shot, although I hate indie

Implying indie is a genre

HA!
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
He's not really like REM at all. I mean, they're both kind of an indie/alternative rock, but that's where the similarities end. I wouldn't necessarily expect you do find them that similar if you listen to NMH after hearing a lot of REM.

HA!
Indie is kind of a genre, Metal never gets thrown in there, no rap, just the alt stuff.
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
Fugitive wrote:

HA!

Someone is here for the summer

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
Fugitive wrote:

HA!

The amount of /mu/ fail in here is wildly amusing. I went on there a couple days ago for the first time, It was laughably filled with idiots.
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmetalhead wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
Fugitive wrote:

HA!

The amount of /mu/ fail in here is wildly amusing. I went on there a couple days ago for the first time, It was laughably filled with idiots.

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over my ridiculously great taste. With a name like blackmetalhead you are either an "edgy" 13 year old or a neckbearded basement dweller.

/mu/ is like every forum. Wade through the shit

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
Fugitive wrote:

HA!

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over my ridiculously great taste. With a name like blackmetalhead you are either an "edgy" 13 year old or a neckbearded basement dweller.

I wouldn't call your tastes ridiculously good if you like Jeff Mangum(I thought it was magnum for awhile, hahaha.). Also, I'm not a neckbeard, and I am over 18. I play in a couple black metal bands and I am writing my own stuff a tad and stuff for them too. I am currently in college, and I would have to say, it's alot different than least what i think America/rest of Europe(minus Poland), has for a black metal scene. Most of you guys say it's art people, not so much over here. So yeah. I really don't care, I go on 4chan maybe every 1 to 5 months to look at school, have indulged in /sci/ alot more recently, and I heard that /k/ banned racism which now makes that board not fun as that was the only funny thing about it. Also, I don't think I've every tried to be edgy, I know its debunk as I'm over 18, but still, I've always listened to what music I like and what talks to me and done what I felt is right, I really don't care what people think of me, they think I'm stupid, that's fine, they like me, that's fine too. It's all just part of how I see and live life.
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmetalhead wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
Quote:
quote tunnel

I wouldn't call your tastes ridiculously good if you like Jeff Mangum(I thought it was magnum for awhile, hahaha.). Also, I'm not a neckbeard, and I am over 18. I play in a couple black metal bands and I am writing my own stuff a tad and stuff for them too. I am currently in college, and I would have to say, it's alot different than least what i think America/rest of Europe(minus Poland), has for a black metal scene. Most of you guys say it's art people, not so much over here. So yeah. I really don't care, I go on 4chan maybe every 1 to 5 months to look at school, have indulged in /sci/ alot more recently, and I heard that /k/ banned racism which now makes that board not fun as that was the only funny thing about it. Also, I don't think I've every tried to be edgy, I know its debunk as I'm over 18, but still, I've always listened to what music I like and what talks to me and done what I felt is right, I really don't care what people think of me, they think I'm stupid, that's fine, they like me, that's fine too. It's all just part of how I see and live life.

Because we really wanted a serious post about your musical credentials and 4chan usage. I doubt eyewin was being even a tad serious when he was imitating /mu/, though I have to agree that his musical tastes are far superior to yours. Black metal is nearly the worst genre in existence (IN MY OPINION).

That said, how about we stop derailing the JEFF MANGUM thread by talking about some random over 18 college kid in Norway that plays in a couple unknown black metal bands.

blackmetalhead wrote:
I really don't care what people think of me, they think I'm stupid, that's fine, they like me, that's fine too. It's all just part of how I see and live life.

You typed an awful lot to eyewin for not caring what he thinks about you.
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
Quote:
quote tunnel

Because we really wanted a serious post about your musical credentials and 4chan usage. I doubt eyewin was being even a tad serious when he was imitating /mu/, though I have to agree that his musical tastes are far superior to yours. Black metal is nearly the worst genre in existence (IN MY OPINION).

That said, how about we stop derailing the JEFF MANGUM thread by talking about some random over 18 college kid in Norway that plays in a couple unknown black metal bands.

blackmetalhead wrote:
I really don't care what people think of me, they think I'm stupid, that's fine, they like me, that's fine too. It's all just part of how I see and live life.

You typed an awful lot to eyewin for not caring what he thinks about you.
It is your opinion, and that's fine with me. Also, I normally type alot anyways, I am on the internet, I mite as well do with it as I like.

Anyways, I'm giving the song "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" and I have to say, It is a honest alright song, I don't like it, and I don't like Anne Frank, but that is all just stuff that isn't brought up right now, haha.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmetalhead wrote:
I don't like Anne Frank, but that is all just stuff that isn't brought up right now, haha.

Well, you brought it up anyway, so either specify or tell us what you're trying to prove by saying it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:
I don't like Anne Frank, but that is all just stuff that isn't brought up right now, haha.

Well, you brought it up anyway, so either specify or tell us what you're trying to prove by saying it.
I don't like her, no racism, I just think she is a overly optimistic little whiny bitch that feel in love with a guy that I think was a pedophile. People are never good, but she made people think that, her dad even hated that she was like that. I share the same beliefs as euro, Although I've had them for as long as I can remember and didn't get them from him.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just listened to In An Aeroplane Over The Sea, and I quite t;like it.
I was totally braced for some shitty indie pretentious nonsense, but this is quite moving. I'm terrible at seeing subtext, but how does the song tie in with Anne Frank?

And to BMH, as soon as I saw you'd posted in here, I knew you'd be starting shit. Someone with a name and already dickish reputation in such a short time like you has NO place in a thread about Neutal Milk Hotel. I'm not being prejudicial, but from your attitude in just about EVERY thread you've been in signals that you aren't really gonna have a keen interest in music like Neutral Milk Hotel, are you? I'm a pretty free thinking guy and I can usually find at least 3 things in common with people in these forums, but the only thing I can see between us is liking ONE band, and even then you had to pull the whole "I'M MORE METAL THAN YOU FAG LULZ" attitude. I really hope you're not actually a real person because you seem so damn introspective and closed minded about EVERY FUCKING THING that you must be depressed or something.
tl;dr This is not /mu/, stick to the metal threads, keep your head down because I'm sure the mods comprehend arguments and people have opinions YAY! Rant FUCKING over.
EDIT: Now you're bad mouthing Anne Frank? Wow, that's a push for anyone. Optimism, what a horrid concept <_<

On topic, are there any other band that are like NMH? I quite like them XD

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
Wow, I just listened to In An Aeroplane Over The Sea, and I quite t;like it.
I was totally braced for some shitty indie pretentious nonsense, but this is quite moving. I'm terrible at seeing subtext, but how does the song tie in with Anne Frank?

And to BMH, as soon as I saw you'd posted in here, I knew you'd be starting shit. Someone with a name and already dickish reputation in such a short time like you has NO place in a thread about Neutal Milk Hotel. I'm not being prejudicial, but from your attitude in just about EVERY thread you've been in signals that you aren't really gonna have a keen interest in music like Neutral Milk Hotel, are you? I'm a pretty free thinking guy and I can usually find at least 3 things in common with people in these forums, but the only thing I can see between us is liking ONE band, and even then you had to pull the whole "I'M MORE METAL THAN YOU FAG LULZ" attitude. I really hope you're not actually a real person because you seem so damn introspective and closed minded about EVERY FUCKING THING that you must be depressed or something.
tl;dr This is not /mu/, stick to the metal threads, keep your head down because I'm sure the mods comprehend arguments and people have opinions YAY! Rant FUCKING over.
EDIT: Now you're bad mouthing Anne Frank? Wow, that's a push for anyone. Optimism, what a horrid concept <_<

On topic, are there any other band that are like NMH? I quite like them XD
I was just giving my opinion into it, I said it was alright if that's the kind of music you like, I just said in my opinion. As for the "More metal than you", I wasn't trying to pull that. They are seriously my favorite band and I have listened to them, I take pride in how much I love them, it's like lets say if you loved potato's, you would take pride in your potato's, am I not correct? As for Anne Frank, well, she was just a girl, and even her father said that he was ashamed in her optimism. It's just my opinion.

I just gave In the Aeroplane Over the Sea another listen, I guess it is good if that's what you like. Can I ask what started this guys love for Anne Frank? Was it just a concept or does he like her alot?

Also, it ties in with her as it is based around her I believe. The lyrics all talk about her.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmetalhead wrote:

I just gave In the Aeroplane Over the Sea another listen, I guess it is good if that's what you like. Can I ask what started this guys love for Anne Frank? Was it just a concept or does he like her alot?

Puncture Magazine wrote:

When I started writing "Ghost," the song that goes [he sings] "Ghost ghost I know you live within me," we thought we had a ghost living in the house, in the bathroom. So I locked the door and started to sing to the ghost in the bathroom. But that was sort of like singing about the ghost who we thought was whistling in the other room, and that kept waking me up, and then also a ghost that may or may not live within me. And it ended up being a reference to Anne Frank, too. A lot of the songs on this record are about Anne Frank.

It's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their
faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses
in their eyes.
- "Holland, 1945"

Art that refers to World War II and the Holocaust . . . I don't hear a lot of records doing that in 1998. Yet that was only a generation or two ago. What compelled this? You read The Diary of Anne Frank?

Yeah. I know it might sound kind of cheesy. Right before recording On Avery Island I was walking around in Ruston waiting to go to Denver to record. I don't consider myself to be a very educated person, 'cause I've spent a lot of my life in dreams.

And I was walking around wondering, would everything make more sense to me if I knew the history of the world, or would I just lose my mind? I came to the conclusion I'd probably just lose my mind. Next day I walked into a bookstore, and there was The Diary of Anne Frank. I'd never given it any thought before. Then I spent two days reading it and completely flipped out . . . spent about three days crying . . . it stuck with me for a long, long time.

I'm not sure I could allow myself to connect with a book that much.

While I was reading the book, she was completely alive to me. I pretty much knew what was going to happen. But that's the thing: you love people because you know their story. You have sympathy for people even when they do stupid things because you know where they're coming from, you understand where they're at in their head. So here I am as deep as you can go in someone's head, in some ways deeper than you can go with someone you know in the flesh. And then at the end, she gets disposed of like a piece of trash.

I would go to bed every night and have dreams about having a time machine, having the ability to move through time and space freely, and save Anne Frank. Do you think that's embarrassing?

Curious; would you say Anne Frank had it coming?

Last edited by machchunk on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
blackmetalhead  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
blackmetalhead wrote:

Puncture Magazine wrote:

When I started writing "Ghost," the song that goes [he sings] "Ghost ghost I know you live within me," we thought we had a ghost living in the house, in the bathroom. So I locked the door and started to sing to the ghost in the bathroom. But that was sort of like singing about the ghost who we thought was whistling in the other room, and that kept waking me up, and then also a ghost that may or may not live within me. And it ended up being a reference to Anne Frank, too. A lot of the songs on this record are about Anne Frank.

It's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their
faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses
in their eyes.
- "Holland, 1945"

Art that refers to World War II and the Holocaust . . . I don't hear a lot of records doing that in 1998. Yet that was only a generation or two ago. What compelled this? You read The Diary of Anne Frank?

Yeah. I know it might sound kind of cheesy. Right before recording On Avery Island I was walking around in Ruston waiting to go to Denver to record. I don't consider myself to be a very educated person, 'cause I've spent a lot of my life in dreams.

And I was walking around wondering, would everything make more sense to me if I knew the history of the world, or would I just lose my mind? I came to the conclusion I'd probably just lose my mind. Next day I walked into a bookstore, and there was The Diary of Anne Frank. I'd never given it any thought before. Then I spent two days reading it and completely flipped out . . . spent about three days crying . . . it stuck with me for a long, long time.

I'm not sure I could allow myself to connect with a book that much.

While I was reading the book, she was completely alive to me. I pretty much knew what was going to happen. But that's the thing: you love people because you know their story. You have sympathy for people even when they do stupid things because you know where they're coming from, you understand where they're at in their head. So here I am as deep as you can go in someone's head, in some ways deeper than you can go with someone you know in the flesh. And then at the end, she gets disposed of like a piece of trash.

I would go to bed every night and have dreams about having a time machine, having the ability to move through time and space freely, and save Anne Frank. Do you think that's embarrassing?
Not trying to be a dick, but he sounds like a guy I want to punch. Although his songs are catchy and good if that's what you like. I don't envy his personality, but I envy how much money he must make. I don't want to be famous from music, but having his money would probably be nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: