Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Song you can listen to all the time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Song you can listen to all the time Reply with quote

Hello everybody. I was looking around in the forums and figured I would make a thread on this topic.

OK, first of all...Almost everybody has that one song that they can listen to pretty much forever and never get tired of it.

What is the song that you can listen to over and over again and never get tired of? (You can list more than one)
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like favorite music comes and goes in cycles. For several weeks a song will be by #1 favorite, the best song ever, and then when I overlisten I get tired of it and take it out of my playlists. Then, a few weeks later, I remember how awesome that song was, and start to listen again. Then it feels like a new song.

I surprised myself when checking my iTunes plays just now, my favorite song according to that is Feel Good Inc. with 133 plays. I love the song of course, but I didn't think I listened to that so much and I probably wouldn't even put it in my top 10 songs ever (I'm guessing it's short-ish, and the song keeps my interest for the whole way through instead of a lot of songs that make me lose interest and press skip). Hell, I didn't even buy it in Rock Band... it's just so damn catchy, I can't rightly skip it when it comes up!

Shinedown's new song Bully is quickly becoming my current fix, and before that their single Diamond Eyes. Another obsession these days is Fleet Foxes (Helplessness Blues... and every other song), which I am confident I will love even when I'm 60.

As far as songs that have been in my top played for weeks and haven't budged, definitely Be Calm by fun. and a handful of their other songs, and The Complexity of Light by Children of Nova. It's so hard to swear by a song though, because like I said my tastes will flip all the time. These are pretty consistently awesome though.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like favorite music comes and goes in cycles. For several weeks a song will be by #1 favorite, the best song ever, and then when I overlisten I get tired of it and take it out of my playlists. Then, a few weeks later, I remember how awesome that song was, and start to listen again. Then it feels like a new song.

I surprised myself when checking my iTunes plays just now, my favorite song according to that is Feel Good Inc. with 133 plays. I love the song of course, but I didn't think I listened to that so much and I probably wouldn't even put it in my top 10 songs ever (I'm guessing it's short-ish, and the song keeps my interest for the whole way through instead of a lot of songs that make me lose interest and press skip). Hell, I didn't even buy it in Rock Band... it's just so damn catchy, I can't rightly skip it when it comes up!

Shinedown's new song Bully is quickly becoming my current fix, and before that their single Diamond Eyes. Another obsession these days is Fleet Foxes (Helplessness Blues... and every other song), which I am confident I will love even when I'm 60.

As far as songs that have been in my top played for weeks and haven't budged, definitely Be Calm by fun. and a handful of their other songs, and The Complexity of Light by Children of Nova. It's so hard to swear by a song though, because like I said my tastes will flip all the time. These are pretty consistently awesome though.

I am the same way. When I hear a really great song that I love, I can't stop listening to it, but after it while, it starts to get old. But, if I start listening to a couple days later, it starts coming back to me, as to how much I love it.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually got a list of 50 songs that I have in one playlist simply labeled "Calm Music" just because I can listen to them non-stop for hours and hours and hours at a time. Every song in the playlist probably has over 50 listens at this point. I use this playlist whenever I'm doing anything that doesn't involve hearing things. (Like charting songs for instance.) The list was originally 20 or so songs, but grew quite large over time. =P

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've Got It All by Modest Mouse.
Well, honestly, pretty much anything by Modest Mouse.
I love me some Modest Mouse.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:

That's cool. The only song I know by Modest Mouse is Float On.
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
I've actually got a list of 50 songs that I have in one playlist simply labeled "Calm Music" just because I can listen to them non-stop for hours and hours and hours at a time. Every song in the playlist probably has over 50 listens at this point. I use this playlist whenever I'm doing anything that doesn't involve hearing things. (Like charting songs for instance.) The list was originally 20 or so songs, but grew quite large over time. =P

That is a pretty neat thing to do.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7oCDbDebDA
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I could listen to the title track of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea on repeat forever. Julian's singing saw gets me every time.

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:

That's cool. The only song I know by Modest Mouse is Float On.

Oh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*"Burn It All" and "Dear Professor" by The Dean's List

*"Go! Go! Maniac" by 放課後ティータイム

*"Midnight City" by M83

Plus basically anything from 4 x 4 = 12 by deadmau5. And a lot of other stuff. -shrug- These just came to mind as songs I've been listening to a lot lately.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd Love to Change the World by Ten Years After
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air - La Femme D'argent
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leekspin song.

Some people might find it annoying, but I find it strangely catchy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Foot on the Gas, One Foot in the Grave by Streetlight Manifesto

I usually end up listening to this album at least once a day. I don't think I'll get tired of Streetlight any time in the near future
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
The Leekspin song.

Some people might find it annoying, but I find it strangely catchy.

Maybe for ten hours? >_>
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: