ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
June DLC Announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: June DLC Announcement Reply with quote

SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Summer is here and it's time for budding musicians to drop their school bags, pick up their axes, drum sticks and microphones and rock out to 18 hot new tracks for Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq:ATVI - News) Guitar Hero® 5 and Band Hero™. Featuring new music from Grammy® Award winners the Stone Temple Pilots, a host of exclusive soccer themed shredders from Steve Ouimette, a trio of anthems from the rock legend Alice Cooper and the downloadable content debut from pop punk act All Time Low, the Guitar Hero® music library continues to provide music lovers and rhythm gamers with hours of nonstop entertainment.

Fresh off the release of their new self titled album, the Stone Temple Pilots are bringing their blend of modern alternative rock and hard rock to the Guitar Hero music library on June 1.  The track pack, which will feature "Between The Lines," their first single off Stone Temple Pilots, "Plush" and "Sex Type Thing," two of the bands biggest hits off their platinum debut album, Core, is sure to satisfy Stone Temple Pilots and Guitar Hero fans alike.

To celebrate the kick off of the big soccer match, the most widely viewed sporting event in the world, Steve Ouimette returns to the Guitar Hero stage with a collection of rock-inspired national anthems recorded exclusively for the Guitar Hero music library.  Beginning June 8, gamers can download the exclusive National Anthem Track Pack for free on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.  The track pack includes "God Save the Queen (GH Version)," "Il Canto degli Italiani (GH Version)," "La Marseillaise (GH version)," "Lied der Deutschen (GH version)," "Marcha Real (GH version)" and "The Star-Spangled Banner (GH version)."

School's out and it's time to celebrate the arrival of summer with one of the greatest rock artists ever, Alice Cooper.  Known for both his grand theatrical performances and eclectic music that spans multiple genres of rock and metal, the Guitar Hero music library is proud to deliver an incredible three song track pack featuring some of his biggest hits.  On June 15, fans can enjoy the Alice Cooper Track Pack which features "I'm Eighteen," off his first major label release album, Love It to Death, "School's Out," the 1972 hit single off his fifth album and "Welcome To My Nightmare," the title track off his eighth studio album.

Making their Guitar Hero debut this June with a three song track pack featuring their catchy tunes and lyrics is pop punk band All Time Low.  The All Time Low Track Pack, which is comprised of "Dear Maria, Count Me In," off their second studio album, So Wrong, It's Right, "Weightless," from their third and highest charting album, Nothing Personal, and "Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't) (Live)" will be available on June 22.

The Stone Temple Pilots, Alice Cooper, and All Time Low track packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points, on the PlayStation®Store for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49 and for Wii™ for 550 Wii Points™.  All songs in each track pack will also be released as downloadable singles for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 160 Microsoft Points, PlayStation 3 system for $1.99 and Wii for 200 Wii Points each.  The National Anthems track pack will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system for free.  In addition to the in-game music store and Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 owners can expand their Guitar Hero music library using the Guitar Hero VIP Pass Music Store, available exclusively on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network.

For more information about Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero and their entire line-up of downloadable songs and disc imports, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Japan, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, competition from the used game market, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition and competition from other forms of entertainment, rapid changes in technology, industry standards and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers which can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, and the other factors identified in the risk factors section of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

Guitar Hero and Activision are registered trademarks and Band Hero is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.  Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy awesome dlc!!

Stone Temple Pilots TP - June 1st

Sex Type Thing
Plush
Between The Lines

National Anthem Track Pack (Ouimette / Free) - June 8th

"God Save the Queen (GH Version)
"Il Canto degli Italiani (GH Version)"
"La Marseillaise (GH version)"
"Lied der Deutschen (GH version)"
"Marcha Real (GH version)"
"The Star-Spangled Banner (GH version)"

Alice Cooper TP - June 15th

I'm Eighteen
School's Out
Welcome To My Nightmare

All Time Low TP - June 22nd

Dear Maria, Count Me In
Weightless
Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't) (Live)

Last edited by toymachine on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:21 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baww not dutch anthem,
Free DLC!!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first three weeks really are awesome, and im sure a few people will like All Time Low, but thats now for me

also.....

God Save The Queen (GH version) with Steve Ouimette?

all of a sudden I feel so patriotic towards my country and to a fake plastic guitar based game

*stands and salutes*

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will be buying some packs this month I can see. STP and ATL are must gets for me.
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK NO FREE DLC AGAIN!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: June DLC Announcement Reply with quote

National anthems, but no 'Wilhelmus'? *shot*

Amazing month, I'll get the first three weeks and I'll have to listen to All Time Low first.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Der Hakmeister
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing for the 29th yet?

I'm sad that we wii folk won't be getting the national anthem stuff, though at the same time i'm looking forward to the Alice Cooper pack the most. Here's to a great month

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT DLC

6 FREE SONGS

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Dlc = not on Wii

Sad.
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Wow 6 free songs? Fucking <3

Going to sorely miss the Neversoft era once its all said and done with.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck this shit. Either release the free stuff for all consoles or nothing free at all. This is so stupid.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
Fuck this shit. Either release the free stuff for all consoles or nothing free at all. This is so stupid.

This. Except I would download any of the national anthems anyway.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
jeffo2448  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:

Or be a real man and get a 360 or PS3 so you can enjoy the free DLC.
RdNetwork  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:

Tell Nintendo. This is not Never-Visionn's fault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: