Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SHM: On Tour - Game Over!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: SHM: On Tour - Game Over! Reply with quote

Welcome to ScoreHero Mafia: On Tour! sorasgoof and I are proud to bring you yet another game of forum mafia. Please note that this game was made for people who do not have very much experience, if any, in forum mafia. Please read through the rules before signing up. If you are new, there are also links explaining the workings of the game and sign up! No experience is necessary to sign up for this particular game.

Day Starts:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

Flavor:
4 men left in the town. 1 had to be the remaining scum. The neighbors, Emo and ortiz, essentially held all of the cards. Whomever they wanted to lynch, that poor person would be dead. The other 2, Mitch and Demon, were supposedly a regular townie and cop, respectively. Ortiz looked back on the past days, found connections that he thought might lead to Demon being mafia and thus, he was chosen to be lynched.

The other three held their breath in anticipation. Before Demon could even get a word in edgewise, the noose was around his neck. The floor dropped from beneath him. As he was dying, he began raving like a madman.

"NO! I WAS SO CLOSE! THIS TOWN SHOULD HAVE BEEN OURS! It... should've been... ours..." His body went limp. His hand dropped what appeared to be a medallion, seeming to signify he was the leader of the invading mafia. The town had won.

DemonHybrid, Mafia Godfather, has been lynched by the town.

Town wins.

What is Mafia?
----
Mafia is a game, in its most basic form, in which there are townies, aligned with the town, and scum, aligned with the mafia. The goal of the town is to lynch the scum until there is no scum left. The goal of the mafia is to kill all of the townies and make sure only the mafia remains. There are more powerful roles with the town (ex. Doctor) and the Mafia (ex. Roleblocker), but those are explained in the links below. There are also third party roles, where they have a win condition outside of "make sure all of the [townies/scum] are dead." (ex. Survivor, who only has to live until one of the major parties reaches their win condition). All of these are explained in detail in the links below:

Outline
Flash Introduction to Mafia
Flash Explanation of Roles

Spots List:
1. EmoArbiter
2. Fugitive - Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
3. TheLonging replaced by diddin - Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day 3
4. Parama - Vanilla Townie, poisoned Night 2
5. DirtyCruncher replaced by 9001 - Town Tracker, killed Night 4
6. OpenYourEyes - Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 2
7. pman5595 replaced by Saru786 replaced by ortiz1193
8. DemonHybrid - Mafia Godfather, lynched Day 5
9. FingerQuick replaced by 2003041 - Mafia Poisoner, lynched Day 4
10. Torpy11 - Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1
11. Shaguar - Vanilla Townie, killed Night 1
12. dragoninforcer replaced by ace5993 replaced by MitchMan
13. MehPlusRawr - Town Doctor, killed Night 3

Replacements:
1. Raikri999
2. We're always looking for replacements!

Last edited by LethalFishEater on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 31 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rules
____
1. Each day you may try to lynch somebody. A lynch requires a total number of votes that is more than half the people alive (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 9 votes are needed for a lynch). A normal lynch is irrevocable. Unvoting or changing your vote after someone has already reached a majority number of votes will have no effect. Day phases will last two weeks. At the deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched (regardless of whether or not they have a majority of the votes). If there is a tie at the deadline, the first unvote, vote, or change in vote which gives one person more votes than anyone else will cause the lynch. It is possible for a user not originally in the tie to be lynched if he receives several votes consecutively.

2. You may vote for a no lynch on any day. A no lynch requires that exactly half of the living players vote for it (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 8 votes are needed to no lynch). If an odd number of players are alive, a no lynch requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (e.g. If 5 players are alive, 3 votes are needed to no lynch).

3. Please bold your votes and unvotes as such Vote: LethalFishEater. We would appreciate it if you include the name of any person you unvote, but it is not required. We would also prefer that you unvote before voting, but that is also not required.

4. There is to talking to other players about game content outside of the thread during the day. You may only talk to other people outside the thread at night if it is part of your role. This rule applies even if you are dead (though you will be allowed to communicate with other people who are dead, more information on this will be given if/when you die).

5. Do not, under any circumstances, edit your posts. Do not use color or size tags to create barely readable secret messages. Anyone caught doing either one of these will receive a strike. Unlike baseball, it’s only two strikes and you’re out here.

6. Do not directly quote PMs from the mod. Do not falsely quote PM's from the mod. You are allowed to paraphrase or fake a paraphrase of a mod PM. You are allowed to quote or paraphrase anything a mod says in the thread.

7. Once you are dead, you are dead. You may post a simple "BAW!" post, but no game related content. Something like "It's obvious who should be lynched" or "You got me, but for the wrong reasons" is game related content, even if you don't include people's names. You may not self-reveal your role, either (e.g. “Damn it you guys, I was the doctor!”). If a post such as these is made, you will be asked to edit it, and you will potentially receive punishment relating to future ScoreHero Mafia games depending upon how severe your infraction was.

8. There is to be no talking during the "twilight" period in this game. The twilight period is defined as the time between the final vote needed for a lynch (i.e. the hammer) and one of the moderators posting the flavor and officially declaring it night. There will be a small grace period for those who intended on posting before the hammer, which will last about 10 minutes. Those who intentionally post during twilight will be given a warning, and action may be taken depending upon frequency of twilight posting.

9. Try to be relatively civil to each other. We know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother. Anyone who delves into the realm of flaming will receive a strike (obligatory reminder that two strikes and you’re out). Depending on the severity of the remark, you may also be reported to ScoreHero’s moderators for review.

10. Just because we’re moderating this game doesn’t mean that we’re infallible. If you feel that a mistake was made, send a PM to the mod who made the mistake explaining what is wrong. You may also address it in the thread like so: @Mod: Vote totals are wrong.

11. We will try to have a vote count up every 3 pages. If you feel that we have gone too long without putting up a vote count, please either ask for a vote count in thread or PM an available mod to let him know. To ask for a vote count, please use this format: @Mod: Vote totals, please.

12. Please let your fellow players and your mods know if you are going to be unable to post for a period of more than 48 hours. Please try to make at least one post per real-life day. Multiple posts in one day are even better.

13. We reserve the right to do an activity check if we feel the game is moving too slowly. If a person has gone 24 hours without posting in the thread, they are eligible for a user-requested prod, requested likeso: @Mod: Prod sorasgoof. Any user who goes over 48 hours without posting will be automatically prodded. Users who go 48 hours without responding to a prod will be replaced.

14. If you feel that this game is no longer fun, and is no longer something that you wish to be involved with, you may PM one of the mods asking to be replaced. All requests for replacement will be taken seriously, so do not jokingly send us a replacement request. If you are replaced, you are not allowed back into the game you have been dropped from, nor are you allowed to post in the game thread (until endgame).

15. Each game day will have last a maximum of 14 real days. You may vote to extend the deadline by three days like so: Vote: deadline extension. In order to pass a deadline extension, half of the living players must agree to it (e.g. if 10 people are alive, 5 votes are needed to extend the deadline). If an odd number of players are alive, a deadline extension requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (e.g. If 7 players are alive, 4 votes are needed to extend the deadline).

16. We reserve all other powers not explicitly stated here for use should the situation call for it.

17. We understand, for some, this may be your first mafia game, so don't be afraid to ask questions about mafia to either me or sorasgoof via PM.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;

Last edited by LethalFishEater on Sun May 30, 2010 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
kyle99  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we really going to have multiple mafia games running in general chat?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iamalwayssto
Saru786  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, not a good idea. Why not make this game start a bit into SHM3? Say about 3 or so real life days?

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the editing rule, what if it's a typo that you just want to fix, like spelling a word wrong or something?
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
For the editing rule, what if it's a typo that you just want to fix, like spelling a word wrong or something?

You post again saying:

"EBWOP: {INSET TEXT HERE}"

kthxbai. ;)

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell does EBWOP mean?
Set all the tax rates to 9.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
What the hell does EBWOP mean?

Edit By Way Of Post

If there is anything that anyone is unfamiliar with in this game, look it up here.

Example, I had to look up IC and SE when Fugi posted it.

Last edited by ready2rock on Fri May 28, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Fish. Do you need ICs or SEs? They're usually essential to making a newbie game run. If so, I'm willing to IC as I have enough games played to do that.
Parama  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll SE if you need it since I would make the worst IC ever.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. My first modding endeavor. I want a good, clean, full game of noobs, ready to become well-versed in the way of mafia.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you guys made a forum especially for SH Mafias... 2 of them at the same time is a really bad idea.
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be an SE >_>

Or just a newb works too

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle99 wrote:
Are we really going to have multiple mafia games running in general chat?

Saru786 wrote:
Yea, not a good idea. Why not make this game start a bit into SHM3? Say about 3 or so real life days?

Sarg338 wrote:
I thought you guys made a forum especially for SH Mafias... 2 of them at the same time is a really bad idea.

Guys, chill. It'll work out. It's not a bad idea, much less a REALLY bad idea. This game was specifically designed to be an easy, streamlined version of mafia for people that are less experienced. SHM3 is for more experienced players. Having two games solves two problems- not having enough room in SHM3 for everyone AND keeping the noobs out of the "real" game.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Saru786  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:

No, that forum sucks and is for stupid bastard mod games. SH Mafias are done here, on SH, hence the title. >.>

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 1 of 73

Jump to: