ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision Unveils Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that there's more Dethklok, but I was hoping for Murmaider/Murmaider II: The Water God, would have made for an epic encore if you put both in.

Hopefully the DLC that accompanies this game is in the same vein of awesome as the setlist.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
diddin  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overwin wrote:
eddaket wrote:
virascore wrote:
EDIT: I wonder what Activision's version of Bat Country's guitar solo will look like

<Memesis> eddaket: the bat country solo is VERY fast

*sniff sniff* I smell an IRC channel. Can I have info :3

On a more ontopic note, Indians by Anthrax is gonna be one of the hardest drums songs.

Wait, source on Indians being in this game? I was on the edge before, but Quest mode and the setlist look like so much win right now.
Overwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diddin wrote:
Wait, source on Indians being in this game? I was on the edge before, but Quest mode and the setlist look like so much win right now.

http://www.vooks.net/story-19213-First-songs-from-Guitar-Hero-Warriors-of-Rock-revealed.html
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
Shade  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WINNNN

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: colsanders
ferdy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More songs... ^^ MONEY IS FOR NOTHING!!!!

* AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
* Anthrax – “Indians”
* Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
* Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
* Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
* Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace... Prepare For War”
* The Cure – “Fascination Street”
* Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
* Dethklok – “Bloodlines”
* Dire Straits – “Money For Nothing”
* DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
* Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
* Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
* Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
* Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
* The Hives – “Tick Tick Boom”
* Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
* Jethro Tull – “Aqualung”
* KISS – “Love Gun”
* Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out”
* Megadeth – “Sudden Death”
* Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
* Muse – “Uprising”
* My Chemical Romance – “I'm Not Okay (I Promise)”
* Night Ranger – “ (You Can Still) Rock In America”
* Nine Inch Nails – “Wish”
* The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
* Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
* Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
* The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
* Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
* Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
* Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
* Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song”
* ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”
GH5--> 78 of 85
GH: Greatest Hits--> 44 of 48
GH: Metallica--> 36 of 49
GH:WT--> 70 of 86
GH3--> 66 of 70 (67 100%... BMW sucks...)
GH2--> 56 of 74
BH--> 65 of 65

MY VIDEOS--> http://es.youtube.com/user/Prad0
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ferdy vk PSN Name: ferdy_vk
boblacolle  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fury of the Storm ?!?!?! I'm buying !!!
kyle99  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all the people, they pick Gene Simmons? Really?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iamalwayssto
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstep wrote:
Kinda sucks that Bat Country is on there though, horrible song.

Haha somone looks like they're trying to get a lot of people pissed off.
Looking forward to playing the slayer song, (I hate slayer, but their charts are pretty brutal) and the CoB song is probably my favorite from them and should be a blast to play

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: FURY OF THE STORM!!!
Megadeth101  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet looks like an awesome setlist so far lots of metal=win
ingusjinx  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Gun, Bohemian Rhapsody, CoB, Black Sabbath, Anthrax... I'm buying this, for sure.
Wizi1337  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait for overcharted Psychosocial random shredding -.-

rest is fine I guess, I hope we will see more good songs
Dazza666  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a massive Offspring fan, I'm very happy they're finally in the series, but why Self Esteem? I feel the same way with Indians and Chemical Warfare--I love some of these bands to bits but the song choices are meh in my opinion (I might still like playing them, I'm just confused as to why they are chosen--is it based on popularity?)

With a title like "Warriors of Rock", I'm very disappointed with seeing My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy.. and even The Cure in there, because they are not rock/metal/brutal etc and should instead be placed in the next Band Hero.

I'm not knowledgeable on anything to do with gaming companies and why they do things, but it so far the list looks almost exactly like 5's, and they're saying "it's more rock and roll and more shredding compared to the diversity of 5", yet the list so far is mostly everything that is NOT rock, and it makes me think that only about 20-30 songs will be in the Quest mode (rock and metal songs only) and the rest are just there to keep everyone else who are fans of the series happy (MCR and FOB for girls etc).

One last rant: Def Leppard's better be a good version and charted well--I don't want this song ruined or I'll sooo have a tantrum (thank you so much for ruining Cowboys From Hell on Hits btw )

I'll still buy WoR though, no matter how much of it I hate.. I love the series that much.. just wanted to say something negative amongst all the positivity in this thread.
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazza666 wrote:
As a massive Offspring fan, I'm very happy they're finally in the series, but why Self Esteem? I feel the same way with Indians and Chemical Warfare--I love some of these bands to bits but the song choices are meh in my opinion (I might still like playing them, I'm just confused as to why they are chosen--is it based on popularity?)

With a title like "Warriors of Rock", I'm very disappointed with seeing My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy.. and even The Cure in there, because they are not rock/metal/brutal etc and should instead be placed in the next Band Hero.

I'm not knowledgeable on anything to do with gaming companies and why they do things, but it so far the list looks almost exactly like 5's, and they're saying "it's more rock and roll and more shredding compared to the diversity of 5", yet the list so far is mostly everything that is NOT rock, and it makes me think that only about 20-30 songs will be in the Quest mode (rock and metal songs only) and the rest are just there to keep everyone else who are fans of the series happy (MCR and FOB for girls etc).

One last rant: Def Leppard's better be a good version and charted well--I don't want this song ruined or I'll sooo have a tantrum (thank you so much for ruining Cowboys From Hell on Hits btw )

I'll still buy WoR though, no matter how much of it I hate.. I love the series that much.. just wanted to say something negative amongst all the positivity in this thread.

There is room for other feeling then love and hate. Get your head out of the black and white bucket.
Ripley92  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerTheGHBoy wrote:
I would've liked to see Cold as Ice as the Foreginer song.
Agreed.

Looks like it'll be a good setlist. Most on-disc songs on a GH game ever? Quite the boast!

My accomplishments
Goals
Get 10 FC's on each Guitar Hero game I own
[]GH1 (1) []GH2 (2) []GH80's (2) [x]GH3 (23) []GHA (8) [x]GHWT (25) []GHM (9) [x]GHSH (11) [x]GH5 (45) [x]GHVH (12)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ripley 92
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle99 wrote:
Out of all the people, they pick Gene Simmons? Really?

Really . Personally, I think this could be awesome as long as they don't try to make it serious or anything. As you can tell by that commercial (which I love), Gene Simmons has a wonderfully overblown rocker personality that can be self-pariodied extremely well. If they play it that way, I'll be very excited.

Dazza666 wrote:

It's just a title; although it may influence the song selection towards a certain style of music there's no way you're going to get a main release in the GH series that focuses entirely on one genre (as you'll recall, Guitar Hero III had the subtitle "Legends of Rock" and that was a pretty balanced game as well). And did you even listen to the songs? I'm not a Fall Out Boy fan by any stretch, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that "Dance, Dance" actually rocks pretty hard for a pop song (harder than at least half of GH5's setlist, and this is the Fall Out Boy song ) and I'm now looking forward to playing it in the game. I wasn't impressed as much with the MCR song, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that because Dead! was one of the most fun charts in all of GH2. Bottom line: NEITHER of these bands has yet had a bad chart on disc in a main GH release and so for you to be borderline flaming Neversoft for putting them in the game makes zero sense until you see the charts.

As for the rest of the songs; no, it's not all hard rock/metal, but it's LOT more in that direction than GH5 was. We're still waiting on half the setlist and already it's clear from a difficulty standpoint that this game is going to blow GH5 out of the water (AT MINIMUM Fury of the Storm and Sudden Death are going to be harder than anything GH5 had to offer and we've got Slayer and Avenged Sevenfold coming as well). You're perfectly entitled not to be excited about this game, but at this point it sounds to me like you're basing that on unrealistic expectations and insufficient information. My advice would be to wait and see how it turns out; there will be plenty of time for bashing later if necessary .
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian

Last edited by zsjostrom35 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: