ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision Unveils Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Activision Unveils Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock Reply with quote

Activision Unveils Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock - The Ultimate Rock & Roll Music Videogaming Experience

--All-New Story-Based Quest Mode Voiced By KISS Front Man, Gene Simmons --Biggest On-Disc Selection of Rock Music Ever In A Guitar Hero(R) Game --New Challenges to Every Song in the 500+ Track Guitar Hero Music Library --Finger-Fretting, Rock-Inspired Wireless Guitar Controller --Reveal Trailer to Debut on Gametrailers.com at 10:00 AM PST on June 4, 2010

SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 4, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- This fall, living room legends and their friends will join together and embark on an epic rock journey to save rock n' roll with Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock. The latest installment in the world's most popular music game series, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, will once again redefine music gaming with an all-new, story-driven Quest Mode, a completely redesigned rock-inspired guitar controller, the biggest on-disc selection of rock music ever in a Guitar Hero(R) game and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills in any of the on-disc or over 500 songs in the Guitar Hero Music Library.

Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined, coupled with the return of the critically-acclaimed and fan favorite features like Party Play's jump in/jump out gameplay, a host of Competitive modes and the ability to play any combination of guitar, bass, drums and vocals, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock offers the complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music adventure.

"Guitar Hero has set the standard for music based gaming and with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock's all-new Quest Mode, robust and authentic set list, over-the-top challenges and rock-inspired new hardware, we are once again bringing the soul and energy of rock n' roll to fans around the world," said David Haddad, Chief Operating Officer, Guitar Hero.

In Quest Mode, using any combination of instruments, players will embark on a larger-than-life, epic rock journey from the stage of CBGBs, the infamous punk-rock club in New York City, to the molten lava fields of rock treachery as eight Guitar Hero characters transform into rock warriors that must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock take down "The Beast" and save rock n' roll.

"The world is a boring place. Come with me, and enter a world populated of Demi-Gods and Beasts. Transform from an everyday person and become the savior of rock and roll," said Gene Simmons of KISS. "It was an honor and privilege to narrate Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, even more so, to voice the Demi God. From the God of Thunder to the Demi-God, how cool is that..."

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock breathes new life into gamers' current Guitar Hero music libraries providing literally hundreds of hours of replayability with the introduction of Quickplay+, which features 13 totally unique gameplay challenges for every on-disc track as well as most downloadable and importable songs from Guitar Hero(R) World Tour forward. Gamers will complete challenges such as Band Streak, High Score and Power Challenge, which allows players to choose any two warrior powers they have unlocked to try and earn ridiculously high scores, to rank up and unlock more rewards and content than ever before. All-new Challenge Leaderboards have been created in order to capture the outrageous scores that are capable with Quickplay+.

Delivering the largest on-disc rock music set list to-date, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock features more than 90 tracks that include guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Megadeth and Slipknot and larger than life anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS. Additionally, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth wrote and recorded "Sudden Death," an original track for the game, which was inspired by Quest Mode's storyline. Along with original songs, the set list also includes special re-records by famous artists and tracks from bands that are making their music video game debut. The first songs off of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock's set list to be revealed are:

AFI - "Dancing Through Sunday"
Avenged Sevenfold - "Bat Country"
Black Sabbath - "Children Of The Grave"
Buzzcocks - "What Do I Get?"
Children Of Bodom - "If You Want Peace... Prepare For War"
The Cure - "Fascination Street"
Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)"
Dethklok - "Bloodlines"
DragonForce - "Fury of the Storm"
Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
Foo Fighters - "No Way Back"
Foreigner - "Feels Like The First Time"
Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"
KISS - "Love Gun"
Megadeth - "Sudden Death"
Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne - "Paranoid (Live)"
Muse - "Uprising"
My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Rammstein - "Waidmanns Heil"
The Rolling Stones - "Stray Cat Blues"
Silversun Pickups - "There's No Secrets This Year"
Slayer - "Chemical Warfare"
ZZ Top - "Sharp Dressed Man (Live)"
To maximize players' shredability, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting with an all-new, show-stopping guitar controller that was inspired and born from the game's unique art style and specifically made for shredding.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and by Vicarious Visions for the Wii(TM) system from Nintendo. The game is rated "T" (Teen - Lyrics, Mild Fantasy Violence and Mild Suggestive Themes) for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii version is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, please visit GuitarHero.com.

For more info on CBGB visit www.cbgb.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Japan, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, competition from the used game market, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition and competition from other forms of entertainment, rapid changes in technology, industry standards and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers which can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, and the other factors identified in the risk factors section of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

Guitar Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.

SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa I didnt realize bat country was on this...what a setlist so far

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've liked to see Cold as Ice as the Foreginer song. But it's great to see we have the Foo back!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell Im gonna be happy overall with the final product

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before people baw about RB repeats

5 Lane
X+

kbai

Also rofl a Foo Fighters song RB *DOESN'T* have.

Awesome

also ffffuuuu Linkin Park
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this looks awesome so far. I'm looking to see what else it'll deliver, and thank god it's not all lulwhut metal like people are asking for.

Hopefully some more Boston and Steely Dan, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Okay, this looks awesome so far. I'm looking to see what else it'll deliver, and thank god it's not all lulwhut metal like people are asking for.

Hopefully some more Boston and Steely Dan, eh?

HOPEFULLY. I've wanted Reelin' in the Years for so long.

Well, we didn't find out a whole lot more other than what we already know, but all I can say is, this game is shaping up to be awesome. Lots of challenges to complete on the songs, and a career mode with what seems to have a lot of cool flair. If they execute that quest mode well, it'll be really fun I think.

fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid list. This will be my first GH purchase since Metallica save some unforseen disaster.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
OCEAT  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Before people baw about RB repeats

5 Lane
X+

kbai

What? What do drums having 5 lanes and an extra bass note have anything to do with songs repeating from RB? Alright, if they port over stuff like Sleepwalker or Souls of Black that's one thing, but for Everlong? Mountain Song? And even then you're talking slight differences in a chart that is largely the same--and a chart for one instrument only!
RB repeats still factor into my decision for buying a game, and they will for the guitar-playing majority.

On that note, this game looks great so far, eager to see the release trailer, and I hope they continue the trend in the setlist. Not crazy about Sharp Dressed Man (a GH repeat... come on...) or MCR. The Metallica/Ozzy Paranoid has potential, and I'll be interested to see how they pull off Bohemian Rhapsody. That song really needs RBs harmonies for it to reach its full potential. I like the inclusion of Love Gun; kids who saw Role Models will remember that one. There's the Rammstein track, nice to see some JA. Solid so far.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
Shadowstep  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chemical Warfare???????? LOLWUT INSTANT BUY

Kinda sucks that Bat Country is on there though, horrible song.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i am really starting to get hyped up for GH6 *imagines scoring 1,000,000,000 points on fury of the storm*

bat country should be pretty interesting on X+ drums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffffffuuuuuuu no PS2

Better start saving money for all new 360 instruments. Looks like a solid list so far though

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Activision Unveils Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock Reply with quote

AFI - "Dancing Through Sunday"
Avenged Sevenfold - "Bat Country"
Black Sabbath - "Children Of The Grave"
Buzzcocks - "What Do I Get?"
Children Of Bodom - "If You Want Peace... Prepare For War"
The Cure - "Fascination Street"
Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)"
Dethklok - "Bloodlines"
DragonForce - "Fury of the Storm"
Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
Foo Fighters - "No Way Back"
Foreigner - "Feels Like The First Time"
Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"
KISS - "Love Gun"
Megadeth - "Sudden Death"
Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne - "Paranoid (Live)"
Muse - "Uprising"
My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Rammstein - "Waidmanns Heil"
The Rolling Stones - "Stray Cat Blues"
Silversun Pickups - "There's No Secrets This Year"
Slayer - "Chemical Warfare"
ZZ Top - "Sharp Dressed Man (Live)"

Mr. Green Great Setlist So Far
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
DESMO56  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstep wrote:

Kinda sucks that Bat Country is on there though, horrible song.

thats an opinion, mine is thats one of there best, and will kick my ass on drums
anyways, this game is looking great so far, hopefully they keep it up with these awesome songs. Boston as always, would be epic
Let's stop trolling now

No
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DESMONDD56
TylerTheGHBoy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping we see another Metallica song too. Maybe some Boston and Journey, too. (Haven't seen them in a while.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: