ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 2 Is Coming in October! (Gaga, Deadmau5, Chem. Bros)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MilkChan  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
EDIT: Bad news/RUMOR guys (to anyone looking forward to Guitar tracks in the game), according to THIS article, the return of DJ VS. Guitar tracks shall be no more, DJ Hero 2 is STRICTLY DJ and vocals now

It's a pretty bad worded article, but from what i am reading it also mentions that there will be mixes from the FIRST game returning in DJ Hero 2...

...as DLC. Great, MOAR MONEY 4 ACTIVISION >_>. It COULD mean this, OR it could also mean that the DLC from DJ Hero 1 can be transferred to DJ Hero 2, so i am really not sure about this yet :/

Meh none of the DJ+Guitar tracks were all that memorable to me anyways so I wouldn't miss them. Plus they were more of a pain anyways since you couldn't use rewinds.

If it was free DLC as in transferrable then cool. If not then still cool depending what songs are included and if the game engine is tuned up. Im not a big complainer about DLC or Live since I don't play all that much so it wouldn't bother me.
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://palgn.com.au/xbox-360/16773/e3-2010-feature-dj-hero-2-preview/

DJ Hero 2 Preview, not sure if there's any new info here. Liking the idea of freestyle scratching during songs, though.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilkChan wrote:
maxninja114 wrote:
EDIT: Bad news/RUMOR guys (to anyone looking forward to Guitar tracks in the game), according to THIS article, the return of DJ VS. Guitar tracks shall be no more, DJ Hero 2 is STRICTLY DJ and vocals now

It's a pretty bad worded article, but from what i am reading it also mentions that there will be mixes from the FIRST game returning in DJ Hero 2...

...as DLC. Great, MOAR MONEY 4 ACTIVISION >_>. It COULD mean this, OR it could also mean that the DLC from DJ Hero 1 can be transferred to DJ Hero 2, so i am really not sure about this yet :/

Meh none of the DJ+Guitar tracks were all that memorable to me anyways so I wouldn't miss them. Plus they were more of a pain anyways since you couldn't use rewinds.

If it was free DLC as in transferrable then cool. If not then still cool depending what songs are included and if the game engine is tuned up. Im not a big complainer about DLC or Live since I don't play all that much so it wouldn't bother me.

Even if there was a one-time fee a la RB to transfer the songs into DJH2 it would be alright with me.

The one thing about the vocals that gives me pause is that because of the nature of a mashup, the vocalist won't be able to do great on a song untl they've played it once or twice and know what parts ended up where. I am quite interested in trying to sing-jay, however.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohai
confirmed artist list is looking fuckin sick!
and if the vox engine in this game is anything like gh5, voxjaying will become a pain in the ass for most, especially if u never did play gh5/bh on vox :p but the highway looked a lot smaller than normal, so maybe they made the engine less strict, or maybe a whole new engine perhaps? one can only hope...

and im guessing they have auto-no fail on again?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: parzrevenge44
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
ohai
and if the vox engine in this game is anything like gh5, voxjaying will become a pain in the ass for most, especially if u never did play gh5/bh on vox :p but the highway looked a lot smaller than normal, so maybe they made the engine less strict, or maybe a whole new engine perhaps? one can only hope...

OH HAI PARZ XD

And i think that yeah, it seems the "no fail" mechanic is still there...but you know what? I have the STRANGEST feeling we will need this for THIS game...

... :|

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:
ohai

OH HAI PARZ XD

And i think that yeah, it seems the "no fail" mechanic is still there...but you know what? I have the STRANGEST feeling we will need this for THIS game...

... :|

yea i got over it from the 1st game, but still im SOOOO curious where i wouldve failed out on my sightreads of some of the tougher mixes, or even if i wouldve failed out on them at all XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: parzrevenge44
cmmc222  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Waters of Nazareth! Why is Metallica going to be in this if presumably dj/guitar mode has been removed? I mean Metallica has got to be the last thing to come to mind when I think Dj Hero
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:
Come on Waters of Nazareth! Why is Metallica going to be in this if presumably dj/guitar mode has been removed? I mean Metallica has got to be the last thing to come to mind when I think Dj Hero

My guess is it went something like this:

Bob Activision: "So DJ Hero was a good first attempt, but we really need to get the sales figures up on the 2nd on if we're going to keep sinking money into it. Who do we have on board so far?"

FSG: "We're very excited about this one. We've got some of the hottest artists in the club scene today: Timbaland, Rhianna, MSTRKRFT, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, the list goes on."

Bob Activision: "That's all well and good, but you know what really sells music games? Metallica."

FSG: Wait... what? Sir, with all due respect, have you ever even been to a dance club?

Bob Activision: "Yeah, I tell you what, every game could use a little more Metallica. We've still got leftover rights from GHM, why don't you flip through those songs and put... lets say... 10 different mash-ups featuring Metallica. THAT should guarantee some sales."

FSG: "So you want 10% of the in-game songs to feature a group that is the direct antithesis of what we are going for?"

Bob Activision: Yup.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Fedora: That's probably what happened...

...but, i haven't seen them even mention them since they started revealing the new artists, so it could just be that it was thought up of first, but then dropped since there hasn't been any new mention of the DJ vs. Guitar tracks in DJH2...

...but if there was, then yes this would make more sense :|

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2010-undercover-dj-hero-2/17-2812/

moar
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, REALLY loving that interface, looks clean, crisp, white, and smooth.

and i've said it before and i'll say it again, the MSTRKRFT Beat Juggle mix is just TOO good to pass up...

I love it how were getting A LOT of multiplayer modes in DJH2 instead of the "pro-face off" mode and DJ vs. Guitar mode from DJH1, and you can play through the game with vocals only? Nice, not much of a vocals fan but eh, i'll give this a try :3

So we now have a fourth mix, Nelly's "Hot In Here" VS. Nate Dogg ft. Warren G's "Regulate", it doesn't sound half-bad

Anyone wonder if we may be getting this as a demo for the PS Store/Xbox Marketplace? I doubt it but seeing that Green Day Rock Band got a "store" demo i don't see the reason why not to, plus it would give those who already have the turntable a sneak peek as to what's expected for the next game... :P

btw, thanks for the video toymachine

UPDATE:

New mix - Iyaz "Replay" VS. Rihanna "Rude Boy"

NOTE(literally): this video is probably the first that shows off the "Hold" notes in DJ Hero 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! I wouldn't mind singing and DJing. I already did singing and guitar/drums. Should be fun. Don't know about saying "Come here rude boy, boy can you get it up." Not right. Lol.

Keep the info comin!
y0tube  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man who do they get to sign off on these mixes or get advice even? im surprised warren g was ok with this; i didn't really like the warren g/nelly mix and i dont say that about a lot of dj hero mixes it isnt that they didn't do the mix good. but i cant even think of any real DJs who would take a platinum hit 90s song and mix it with a current hip hop song in this decade. total apples and oranges. im just saying they could have picked much better than a nelly song. nelly vocals absolutely do not complement the more laid back, free flowing warren g/ nate dogg vocals

you might think you can say the same thing for the ghosts&stuff/just dance but it's very common for DJs to take a dance/techno/house beat and mix it with mainstream vocals. that mix was fine.

also the pitbull/pussy cat dolls songs complement each other very well to make the good mix they made as well.

but yeah please reconsider that warren g/nelly mix if youre reading this dj hero developers i dont think that mix will be received well by hip hop fans
cmmc222  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These vids are lame when they play on hard and Warren G mix SUCKS
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:
These vids are lame when they play on hard

That was PR's call. Don't want to discourage people from trying the game.

Also I jumped on Expert when they asked if anyone wanted to try and due to the lag of the TV it was quite embarrassing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: