ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 - GH3 Guitar/Bass Co-Op League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys -- only three scores are submitted so far for this league this week. Let's get on it!!

And once more a reminder to both make sure you are including photo proof and that it matches the score you have submitted. Last week was the final bit of leniency on this -- scores with missing/incorrect proof get deleted from here on out.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We submitted our score. It really is a shame how generally in all rivalries/leagues there is a significant drop off in submissions from week to week. I mean is it really that hard to simply play 2-4 songs in a game that you like playing each week and enter the information online?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
We submitted our score. It really is a shame how generally in all rivalries/leagues there is a significant drop off in submissions from week to week. I mean is it really that hard to simply play 2-4 songs in a game that you like playing each week and enter the information online?

You wouldn't think so. But here's the numbers from week 2 (which doesn't include the 25-50% who dropped from each league from not submitting week 1). The percentage is how many in the league submitted at least 1 round 2 score:

RB2 DLC OMB 97%
RB2 Drums (Neil Peart Division) 92%
GH2 Hard 91%
RB2 Drums (Meg White Division) 88%
RB2 Guitar (Malmsteen Division) 88%
GH2 Expert (Squeedlies Division) 87%
RB2 OMB 85%
RB2 Vox 85%
GHM (Unforgiven Division) 83%
GH3 (Barracudas Division) 82%
GHSH 80%
GH3 (Knights of Cydonia Division)79%
RB2 DLC Guitar 78%
GH5 (AA Division) 77%
RB2 Bass 76%
GH2 Expert (Meedlies Division) 74%
GH5 (AAA Division) 74%
GH "Old School" 73%
RB2 Guitar (Scholtz Division) 71%
RB2 DLC Drums 70%
GHM (Disposable Heroes Division) 69%
RB2 DLC G/B Co-Op 67%
GDRB Drums: 64%
GH3 Co-Op 58%
GH3 (Slow Riders DIvision) 55%

On the whole, the RB DLC divisions and co-op divisions had the smallest dropoff in round 1, but that's not holding up for round 2. This is why all the other team divisions got dropped for low numbers. It's hard enough to get people who don't have to work out scheduling with others to submit, but add in another person and you're drastically increasing the possibility of people failing to play/submit.

I really hope the non-submitters from round 2 will choose to submit in rounds 3 and 4 and help keep the participation at a level we'd need to do this again.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Garwood  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. Swizzle and I had a hard time both being available this week but we're about to go play our songs but we may not have the time to put the same amount of effort into them this week. :P

Also, someone else asked earlier and we are a local team. (We live about 5 houses apart so I just lug my 360 up there and we play on his big screen )

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Garwood  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the round is over is it alright if we post videos of our runs here? Swizzle got a new camera :p

Here's our stab at Pride and Joy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3M-0KfJ4VE&playnext_from=TL&videos=vqKDFe0P1Q0&feature=sub

If you look closely you can see me in the reflection, tilting like a fool for half the song.

Last edited by Garwood on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garwood wrote:
Now that the round is over is it alright if we post videos of our runs here? Swizzle got a new camera :p

Sure thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm shocked at how well me and eddaket did this week. We didn't use paths and those scores were from our first runs. And on top of that, we were bumped from 5th to 4th. Imagine that!

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMINDER FOR EVERYONE: submitting this week is MANDATORY for participation in playoffs.

Also, please please PLEASE submit this week, even if you don't think you're going to make it into the playoffs, just for the sake of other people who want there to be other seasons of leagues. Even if you don't want to do it for yourself, take 20 minutes of your time and play the four songs for the sake of the community.

Swizzle  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:

Totally agree man, I mean, Garwood and I did it within the last 4 hours.. but still did it..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Swizzle62
Altruit  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say this season of leagues made me feel rather...useless. The first week I didn't have an Xbox, second week, our scores were meh, third week, we missed the deadline by about a minute, and fourth week our scores are meh again...I'm sorry, woozerkristen. Doubly so for my GH2X league, I didn't get anything done there...I almost had scores for all four GH3X weeks, but I missed the deadline last week, same as with this league.
Garwood  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could have gotten the 840 more points on Same Old Song and Dance to get second but I really didn't want to play it again after working an 8 and a half hour shift on 3 hours of sleep lol.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tentative playoff information:

Seeds 1-2 will have a bye in the first round.

SCHEDULE
Quarterfinal: Thu 07/15 0000 - Wed 07/21 2359
Semifinal: Thu 07/22 0000 - Wed 07/28 2359
Final: Thu 07/29 0000 - Wed 08/04 2359

SEEDS
1 - For Good or for Awesome (zsjostrom35 & acatisfinetoo)
2 - Axen Dave (dave0113 & AxenRay)
3 - Introverted Warlocks (Swizzle & Garwood)
4 - The Thinking Possom (possum98 & think13)
5 - Team 2keD (2003041 & eddaket)
6 - Kapiti (xKappash540 & ipieteri)

ALTERNATES
1 - The Flying Monkeys (BlindingLink333 & ZMaine)
2 - Wuhhoo (thracia776 & Nilsninian)
3 - The Trollolololololols (newuser1234 & Dreman1234)
4 - Thin Tin Trojans (rwk977 & biteme4life)
5 - Preben is a showoff! (carluasoul & prebensoerensen)

If you are an alternate, that means you may submit for playoff round one and your score will be inserted should anyone who made the playoffs fail to submit. Alternates will be entered in order based upon overall ranking.

Swizzle  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black sunshine... i don't like this song

How do the playoff's work anyhow? You get 3rd or 4th and your out? top two stay? then do the same thing. then the last two duel it out?
And out of curiosity how do you pick the songs? Draw out of a hat or just think of a couple and like one more through logic?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Swizzle62
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The playoffs are just like a bracket style tournament, in that you are not going against everyone, but only one other team each round. If you win you move on, if you lose your out. Just click on the "your league's playoff bracket" link right above the "enter scores" link on the main leagues page.

In your case you are up against Kapiti (ipieteri, xKappash540) in the first round, and the winner of that match up will face AxenRay and I.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 Results:
The Thinking Possum (possum98 & think13) beat Team 2keD (eddaket & 2003041), 619307 to 600142

Introverted Warlocks (Swizzle & Garwood) beat Kapiti (xKappash540 & ipieteri) by default (but had the highest score submitted this week, 642789)

Round 2 (Before I Forget)
For Good or for Awesome (zsjostrom35 & acatisfinetoo) vs The Thinking Possum
Axen Dave (AxenRay & dave0113) vs Introverted Warlocks

Good work, everyone, and good luck next round!

Also, to For Good or For Awesome (well, everyone, really, just directing specifically toward you based on the previous few weeks) - it would help me out with getting results up quick on Saturday night if you can do a screen cap of your final score and post it as a picture. Video proof is ok, but the place you've been hosting your vids is not like YouTube, and I can't skip to the end, so every time I confirm proof for you guys, I have to sit through the whole video. So, if you could, picture instead, please.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: