ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 - GH5 Expert Guitar League
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: S11 - GH5 Expert Guitar League Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 11 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero 5 Expert Guitar league.

I, footballtom3685, will be running this league. Provided enough of the participants who signed up submit scores during week one, this league should be split into two divisions. If it is split, I will make new threads, with a separate one for each division, at the start of week two.

Week 4 Songs
2 Minutes to Midnight
Comedown
Looks That Kill
Seven

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (8:59PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Just a reminder that one of the biggest reasons we discontinued leagues before was because of the high percentage of players dropping out before the end of the season. It ended up not being worth our time to keep these leagues organized and running when so few people were willing to stay committed to the end. Season 11 is us giving this another try, but it is going to be up to you guys whether it is a new start (the first of many seasons to come) or just the last time we try it. If we have the same problems with dropouts, this WILL be the last season. Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but your dropping out will help ensure that this is the last time we try it. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9 and 10. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by footballtom3685 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this to start, I've needed a reason to put my GH5 disc back in my XBOX 360 for months.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find it, sorry.

Can we post as many scores as we like, with only the highest getting counted?
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeryMetalChewie wrote:
I think this has been answered elsewhere but I can't find it, sorry.

Can we post as many scores as we like, with only the highest getting counted?

Yes, you may submit as many scores as you like before the deadline, and only the highest one will count. Please note though that you do not post your scores in the thread, but there is actually a link to submit your scores under http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I was going to be in, but I'll be selling my Wii soon and I don't want to disrupt the tourney... Oh well. Good luck to everyone that'll be playing, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I make a last minute change, I will do this league and GH3X. But it's been hard to decide and I hope that I can give it my best in both leagues. I haven't done a single squeeze on this engine (my temporary Scatterbrain 1st was merely following a path), so this will be interesting.

Good luck to everyone else participating, and to footballtom too
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Evermar  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This league should give me more motivation to play this game, it was fun for a while, but my enthusiasm slowly died off =/

good luck to everyone.
Newest Videos:
Your Face 100% FC Expert Guitar
Sacrifice 100% Expert Guitar
Jimi 100% FC Expert Guitar

How many 1sts Fug has taken from me: 9
Adventurejimbob  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to everyone. I'm just here to see if I've gotten any better, I'll probably be no competition for anyone who worries about squeezing and such (I'm just worried about hitting the notes lolz).
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I did mean submit, although I will most likely be posting them too as anything I get is probably going to be better than the scores I already have.

Count me in for division 2!!
Megashot  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this to start! I'm currently doing this and Smash Hits Expert Guitar. It's my first league ever! I don't plan on trying to get in 1st place and win everything, I just want to play for fun and see how I stack up to others on Scorehero...I love the competitive nature of the leagues.

Seeing as I have some respectable scores on GH5 (and quite a bit of FC's), I hope to improve upon those FC's I already have and songs I suck on.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bahahahahaha dyflwd.

if GH:M X got Mercyful Fate I will seriously die laughing.

GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Do You Feel Like We Do? REALLY?

League Mods confirmed for expert trolls.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol dyflwd is gonna be HELL. but i'm willing to grind out an FC with a decent score

footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a good chuckle when that's what it turned out to be, but it's random! Nothing I can do about it unfortunately, but be glad to get it out of the way early.

I would be participating in this one and probably GH3 but unfortunately (well, I guess it's not that unfortunate) I'll be on vacation right in the middle of leagues so I wouldn't be able to play. I'll still have plenty of internet access to run the league though
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
I got a good chuckle when that's what it turned out to be, but it's random!

Random got us Troggy in GH2H.

And im in this AND that.

FFFFFFFFFF

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: