ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 - GH3 Expert League
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: S11 - GH3 Expert League Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 11 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero 3 Expert league.

I, HylianHero, will be running this league. Provided enough of the participants who signed up submit scores during week one, this league should be split into two to three divisions (most likely three, given the amount of signups now), dependent on skill level. This will encourage more even levels of competition.

Week 1 Songs
Even Flow
Holiday in Cambodia
Metal Heavy Lady
Nothing for Me Here

All scores for songs must be submitted Saturday night by 11:59 PM EST (8:59PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Just a reminder that one of the biggest reasons we discontinued leagues before was because of the high percentage of players dropping out before the end of the season. It ended up not being worth our time to keep these leagues organized and running when so few people were willing to stay committed to the end. Season 11 is us giving this another try, but it is going to be up to you guys whether it is a new start (the first of many seasons to come) or just the last time we try it. If we have the same problems with dropouts, this WILL be the last season. Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but your dropping out will help ensure that this is the last time we try it. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9 and 10. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by HylianHero on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HylianSH
Netnabi4  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck everyone!
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netnabi4 wrote:
Good Luck everyone!

This. With love. xD

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
eddaket  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm not winning, but I really hope to make playoffs in this one this time around. I think this is my first expert league that I actually care about.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll most likely be bringing up the rear on the lowest of the divisions. I haven't played this game in forever, but the lack of DLC divisions on the Rock Band Side to choose from means I'll have this for a refreshing change of pace. Looking forward to providing some of you with a person to place ahead of.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure my scores will be pretty embarrassing, being this is one of my worst games and this is my first league. I'm quite looking forward to the new experience. Good luck to everyone!

Altruit  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit...Shon's here? I know Marbler's doing GH3X too...this could get interesting.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this league had been held around last September, I would have raped. But seeing as how I haven't played in 9 months, I'll probably be bringing up the rear. Oh, well. It's the fun that we're here for, right? :P

EDIT: We're competing against the likes of SSS and Marbler? Yeah, I'm not coming close to winning this at all.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Heavy Lady
Even Flow
Holiday in Cambodia
Nothing For Me Here

Wow. All of a sudden I really don't want to do this anymore. I'm not looking forward to playing ANY of things songs. But, in order to keep the spirit of the leagues alive, I will force myself to.

Also, how were both HiC and NFMH picked? I would think that HiC would be placed in the hardest category, but I guess it's based on song difficulty, and not FC difficulty...
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week one songs are officially posted! Good luck all!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am completely going to hate playing three of those four songs. Maybe this gives a chance to 1) 8* MHL, and 2) FC HiC and NFMH. Oh well.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am looking forward to playing HiC's terrible-sounding and difficult intro several dozen times.

And by "looking forward to" I mean "not looking forward to."

*puts on league hat* LET'S DO THIS
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... I've only FC'd 1 of these songs...

But, an Even Flow FC is long overdue, and I should FC HiC after the intro.

Still leaves NfmH though... Oh well.

Good luck to all
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to kill myself trying to get my current Even Flow score. Time to do it all over again...

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that wasn't too bad... Unfortunately I can't have another shot until next Saturday (Boarding school).

But I'm quietly confident...
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: