ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Squirrel's DDR Accomplishments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Squirrel's DDR Accomplishments Reply with quote

Hey all ^_^

I'm looking to get better. I know I have hit my max, I haven't passed Max 300 yet but I was able to get past the freeze, before dying at the triplets.

I know its a stamina issue, but at the very same time I have NEVER AAA'ed a song.

So, what should I do? Play through heavy, starting at 5-6 footers and start AAAing songs? Or should I try to practice up on 9 footers like Healing Vision Angelic Mix? I can A it already.

I'm doing squats to increase my leg strength and running for stamina. Should I just drop those and just stick to keeping at Max 300?

Blah... suggestions?

Last edited by Squirrel on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't really count as much of a necro if it's the second post from the top, does it? XD

Anyways, I'd say you should focus on stamina, not accuracy. Stamina will actually help with your accuracy; it'll help you stay calmer throughout, and that's critical when trying to do stuff more accurately. It won't help your accuracy any if you're sucking wind doing 7s and 8s, and putting your physical and mental resources into "oh god, I'm gonna die" rather than keeping the rhythm.

To improve your stamina, don't jump right to Max 300. In fact, I'd say stop playing 10s (I'll be using the pre-X2 rating style, as I've no significant understanding of the new rating system beyond the fact that it exists) for a while, except easy ones like Bag. Start your day with a credit full of 7s, then 8s, then easy 9s, then harder 9s IF AND ONLY IF you feel up to it. Then take a break and keep banging on a good mix of 8s and 9s. Good luck!

The part of me that engages in pathetically small dickswinging, but also posts content at least tangentially important to this post wrote:
For what it's worth, honestly, I've never AAA'd anything (except Ordinary World Light just to have SOMETHING), but I got halfway decent at accuracy; I think that when I stopped playing DDR, I was on my way to AAing about half the 8s and just about all the 7s. Two Greats on Kind Lady was my best on Heavy, and I got completely hosed on one run when I had all but the last 4 steps AAA'd, then got three consecutive Greats. My stamina/accuracy was such that I topped out with a (very low) B on Max 300, and passed most of the 10s and a few 11s when I was playing ITG (which I greatly prefer to DDR, actually).

Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically you're saying, play a game of 7's, then a game of 8's, then a game of easy 9's, then hard 9's if I have the stamina.

I like this idea. Thanks for the input
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed my first 10 footer! It was on an itg machine and it was a custom pack. I know its harder than max 300... my secret? I used the bar. Holy crap does it make a difference. I did not get the name of the song... I will the next time I go to the arcade.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o/

Nice job, man! It's good to get over that hump, isn't it? I'm pretty sure that the first ITG 10 that I passed was Hand of Time. Of course, this was before ITG2 came out with relatively easy 10s like D-Code and Spin Chicken. Sakura was my first DDR 10.

I wish that PEI had more arcades (re: any arcades). I'd like to get back into it; it would add to the things I do already (swimming and hot yoga) to maintain/lose weight. There's one ITG2 machine in town, but it's at a movie theater, which isn't really conducive to extended and sweaty playing.

Again, nice job!
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Yeah I didn't count Sakura or Bag to be 10's because they're just glorified 9's in my opinion. Max 300 was the first 10, so that's a true 10 if you ask me.

Yes it is fantastic to get over that hump. I know the song I played had quicker steps than Max 300 did... I kinda wanna play Max 300 now just to set that milestone. Next time I go to the arcade (probably next weekend), I'll get the name of the song, and see if I pass Max 300.

I ended up getting a C+ on the song... but I don't care. My first real, true 10. It feels amazing.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just passed cinema skrillex mix on expert. 10 footer, gonna post my screenshot when I get home. I had to use a c450 mod but I passed it.

EDIT: Passed it, gimmicks and all. I'm on the left, my friend on the right.

Also, failed right at the last 10 seconds of Max 300. Its soo close...

I'm also going to work on modifying a RO Afterburner pad to be as close to an arcade pad as possible. After seeing the electronics of a real pad, I have a few ideas I am kicking around to make it as perfect as possible.

After doing some google searching, turns out no one has modded the RO like I am about to.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No screenshots... I forgot my memory card at home.

Dougal and Gammer - Save a life - 664 steps (I think that's it... its in the 600+), got a B on it. Also got a B on the 10 foot version of Xepher.

The girlfriend and I broke up, so the next scores you'll see will be from my shuttle running OpenITG.
Ral  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on passing Save a Life, did you know about the slowdowns for it already? Have you passed any other 11s too?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ral wrote:
Good job on passing Save a Life, did you know about the slowdowns for it already? Have you passed any other 11s too?

I played it on Hard... not Expert. Hard is a 10, expert is a 11. I didn't know of the slowdowns... but I did pass it twice. Ironically, the one time I had my usb drive in the machine, I didn't pass it.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modded my Afterburner pad, it is super sensitive now, I love it so much now.

Basically, after doing a bunch of thought process, I could have done a better way to do it, but the easiest is just as good. All I did was folded aluminum foil into a square the size of the contact that is on the arrow already. Its equivalent to taping 15 sheets of aluminum foil. Then I took duct tape, and taped the entire outer perimeter an inch over the aluminum foil. I originally just taped the four corners, but I was having issues with standing on the center, and two of the arrows were making contact. Doing this fixed that. If you barely touch the arrow, it registers, and only that arrow.

I now have a permanent setup to play it at, its at a friend's, and all I have to do is hook it up to my laptop, run ITG2 PC, and play away. Hopefully Max 300 is next on my list.

I also forgot my big tripod at my girlfriends, otherwise I could start doing dual video recordings, making Azuritereaction type of videos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: