ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 Round 1 Results and Division Splits
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: S11 Round 1 Results and Division Splits Reply with quote

UPDATE 6/23/10

Divisions have been split and Round 1 results are live!

Original Post

Just wanted to post an update if you're looking for the Round 1 results or wondering when they'll be available, and let you know our plans moving forward.

First of all, for round one, 2644 out of 3660 scores were submitted. I'm disappointed that we effectively lost 28% of signups right off the bat, but thank you to those who did follow through with your signups, or at least told us otherwise. We'll do our best to make leagues enjoyable for those participating.

We're currently going through all submissions and weeding out typos and invalid scores from Round 1. Once that's done, we'll be cutting everyone who did not submit any scores in a league and did not PM their league commissioner(s) to inform us upfront. Then we'll evaluate the number of participants remaining and the gap in talent amongst them to split large leagues into multiple divisions.

All of that will be done before the Round 1 results will be available, and all leagues' results will be posted at the same time. I don't know exactly when we'll finish, but my guess is sometime in the next day or two. Results for future weeks will obviously not take as long since divisions will already be split.

If you have any questions, let us know!

Last edited by JCirri on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, the wait is gonna kill me... I've been looking forward to seeing the results all week, and now it's gonna take extra time!

Looking forward to whenever they do get finished though... seeing my competition, I may not place nearly as well as I'd hoped. :/
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psh i cant even submit my scores, because the only place i wrote my stats for non-FCs is in the submission lol

oh well, i guess Judith and all my GH2 scores will have to wait to be submitted haha

SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess is it still 24 hours and then the leaderboards are updated?

I hope so because the wait is killing meh.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
psh i cant even submit my scores, because the only place i wrote my stats for non-FCs is in the submission lol

oh well, i guess Judith and all my GH2 scores will have to wait to be submitted haha

Wait, so you mean you got DYFLWD and not Judith???
Either way, can't wait for the divisions to magically appear.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

Wait, so you mean you got DYFLWD and not Judith???
Either way, can't wait for the divisions to magically appear.

lol i got it, i just got a shitty score imo: 348k. dunno where im missing the other two thousand. but i never took pics for my gh2 scores either since they were only around like top 50 (cept institutionalized...lol :/)

louster200  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... when are results going to be posted? Sometime soooooooon? I'm getting anxious over here.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
So.... when are results going to be posted? Sometime soooooooon? I'm getting anxious over here.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=556797&highlight=#556797

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the precisions, i already guessed there had a lot of work to do for that first week, but that sounds even more now x_X

Wonder if there's a way to put those info/precisions in flashy pink/sparkling lights so everyone could see it (i'm asked like 10 times a day when the results will be up xD).

Still can't wait to see how (bad) i did
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the number of dropouts, I wonder if in future (assuming the leagues run again) it might be wise to ban ALL discussion rather than just banning discussion of specific scores.
Reading the threads for each league, within a day there were people who have FCed each song and are competing for small differences in points. This is obviously highly intimidating for the less skilled players, and since no-one wants to come last it may have put people off entering their scores at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeryMetalChewie wrote:
Re the number of dropouts, I wonder if in future (assuming the leagues run again) it might be wise to ban ALL discussion rather than just banning discussion of specific scores.
Reading the threads for each league, within a day there were people who have FCed each song and are competing for small differences in points. This is obviously highly intimidating for the less skilled players, and since no-one wants to come last it may have put people off entering their scores at all.

I think the quality of discussions is better this year than past years. (i.e. GH2) The threads can help people by others giving advice for those who have a hard time with certain parts or are just having guitar problems. A better solution (Though harder to possibly maintain) would be to tell everyone they get one warning on the 'talking about scores' rule. If they talk about scores and it gets deleted, they're warned. After the warning, if this happens again, have it set so that every post they make is automatically deleted. Like I said, this is easier said than done. Plus, if you're referring to the GH5 post, a lot of people are talking about scores AFTER Week 1, making it valid. Also, those who say they're looking for an FC have probably FC'ed it before, but I still think it's an unwarranted statement. [Wow. Much longer than I thought. ]

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the GH5 post, by the 14th (one day after the songs were announced), there is discussion of activations, squeezing & ticks in DYFLWD which was by far the hardest of the 4 songs, suggesting that those people at least had FCed all 4. I should note that this situation is far more pronounced on some of the other threads, both in terms of the number of people and the difficulty of the songs in question.

I also realise that because 2 or 3 people have FCed everything it doesn't mean everyone else has, and the discussion threads are probably giving a highly distorted look at the average skill level of the rest of the league but I'm just suggesting that the apparent situation that one would get from reading the boards is that each league is FULL of elite players who are FCing all songs.

It probably sounds like I'm griping about nothing here (and to be honest it doens't bother me, I'm OK with coming last anyway), but I just think its something the more skilled players (including mods here) may not have considered.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there WILL be division splits. If you are that worried, you will probably be placed in the lower division. The point of leagues for me is not to try to win; it is to improve your scores. You just have to face the fact that there are people who don't have trouble FCing most of the songs on these games. They aren't really gloating about it or anything (at least in the GH2 thread). I am sure that people infer that I can FC the songs that show up in the GH2 league, but I am trying to give tips to help other people FC these songs too. If it weren't for leagues, I would have never been pushed to get these scores that I am getting. If I win, that is just a nice thing, but all I really care about is improving my scores.
MLGquinky  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wait is killing me...
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Verymetalchewie said + what Thabeast said = truth + truth.

Not allowing to talk about score = "meh wtf, fail, people already know we can fc this anyway, big deal o_O" - Crazy players

Allowing it = "DOHH wtf, talking about squeezing upper bound/extra unexisting ticks, i'm out of this" - Normal players

Both are understandable/depressing.

In the end, to avoid having to face the already-known-fact that "omg i am SO far behind them o.x" every time i see a post and feeling bad, i just close my eyes (i don't read) and think "ok keep in mind it's a good occasion to redux some fcs/improve scores". That's why i won't quit even when i realize i'm last or something, but i understand why people would (although they already knew that and shouldn't have signed up if that was something to make them quit).

*is now depressed and waits for the results for a good laugh about his low ranking*

Last edited by arvain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: