ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Six Flags GH mini-game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkcube2  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Six Flags GH mini-game Reply with quote

idk if this is the place to put this, but anyways...

I stayed home last friday, while my sister and her friend Ryan went to Six Flags. He's pretty good at GH, better at me in some things, but overall I'd say I have the edge over him. Anyways, the six flags there had a GH mini-game, like ring toss and that stuff, where you could win prizes!

Basically, here was the layout:
-It was on GH World Tour on Wii
-You could choose either medium, hard, or expert. There was a list of songs to play on medium, a list of songs for hard, and a list of songs for expert.
-I forget what medium/hard songs were, but the only songs you could play on expert were Crazy Train, Satch Boogie, Hot for Teacher, and BYOB
-To win the prize you needed 95% notes hit (so basically its in your favor to not use star power since activating might make you miss notes)

The prizes were:
medium: some stupid stuffed animal
hard: a big stuffed animal/an enormous bouncy ball (around a meter in diameter)
expert: an electric guitar (probly a crappy one since theme parks like to rip you off)

After Ryan told me this, I went to six flags the Sunday after, thinking I'd win myself a guitar or two.

However, like any mini game in any theme park, there was a catch (come on, they're all rigged):

it was EXTREMELY LAGGY. SUPER EXTREMELY LAGGY. Wayyy more than the timing window. Well it was really only the display, the sound was actually dead-on accurate. But still, you had to pick very very very very very early, probly around 1-1.5 timing windows early.

I, being awesome at GH, thought "Oh, I've 5*d the Gh2 expert setlist, I've fc'd CoP, I'm totally awesome," so I went straight to expert, not knowing just how bad the lag was (Ryan told me there was some, but I didn't believe it could be that bad). I played BYOB, thinking it might be the hardest to beat but easiest to 95%. I failed. In the first ten seconds. It was humiliating. (Also I wasn't used to no hyperspeed and playing standing up).

I came back later and won on hard on my second try. I didn't quite get a guitar, but I got this awesome bouncy ball. Probably better than a "reel gitar" anyways.

later I asked the person running the place if I could calibrate the lag. She said it was "already calibrated." Damn right it was. calibrated to make them win, not us.

BTW this was Six Flags at New England. Idk if other six flags have this game too.

Just letting the scorehero community know so we can collectively rob them of their prizes.

Also, they had a guitar hero machine in the arcade. I was so happy.

EDIT: I won the gitarrr!!!
My Accomplishments

Last edited by darkcube2 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i go to Six Flags in Montreal, i'll defenetly check this out.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn carnies have to rip everyone off no matter what.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there a few weeks ago and did this. I got 96% on BYOB on expert and asked for the giant bouncy ball instead lmao. The guitar looked pretty crappy, and I already own a better electric guitar anyway so I just asked them if I could have the hard prize instead and she said ok. The ball is pretty awesome, definitely better than that guitar would have been lol

I asked about the lag too and she told me it was against the rules to let me calibrate it It was only audio lag for me though, so I was able to just tune out the music and get it anyway. It's definitely unfair that they've got it calibrated like that though.

Edit: oh, and I'm going back there next Tuesday with my school so I'm gonna see if I can't get myself a few more big prizes lol. Plus season passes come with coupons for buy one get one free plays, so I'll probly be there for a little while lol
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just went to six flags and i got 92 on crazy train, a song i have 99'd practically in my sleep. not worth the 5 bucks i paid to fail pass..... and i also just wanted the guitar purely to smash it....
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's pretty cool though, a GHWT mini-game. It would be the only thing there I'd have potential to win. XD

I'm going to have to check that out though.
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinnySibel.com wrote:
Damn, that's pretty cool though, a GHWT mini-game. It would be the only thing there I'd have potential to win. XD

I'm going to have to check that out though.

to tell the truth, it's not all that cool, because it proved even experienced guitar players can be made into fools by the crappy carnies.....
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to six flags magic mountain. If they have it and I get shat upon by those dumb carrnies I'll give a story.

But I mean even at something you are so sure about you'll win your like "FINALLY, I'm gonna get the big prize!" Those carrnies have to whip it out and say "Suck it! This game is fixed!"

EDIT: http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/food/games.aspx Fuck yes they have it.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
Breninator  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and something else that I realized when I was playing was that they ONLY care about the percentage. Score, note streak, and star count get thrown out the window without a second thought on their part, so you can just go up there and strum like a madman and as long as you don't fail the song it doesn't make a difference whether you get a 10 ns or a 400 ns.
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breninator wrote:
Oh, and something else that I realized when I was playing was that they ONLY care about the percentage. Score, note streak, and star count get thrown out the window without a second thought on their part, so you can just go up there and strum like a madman and as long as you don't fail the song it doesn't make a difference whether you get a 10 ns or a 400 ns.

hmmm...me thinks I should strum randomly when I do it.
Hopefully this would break the system.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
Breninator  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPinD0cter wrote:
hmmm...me thinks I should strum randomly when I do it.
Hopefully this would break the system.

Yeah, if there's a way to beat the carnies at this game then this is probably your best bet. Overstrumming's a good strategy, so long as you're not doing it to the point that you fail, and if I hadn't been doing it then I don't think I would've gotten 96% when I played.

Update: I just went back and tried this game again today and it appears as if they're now forcing you to use a faulty guitar. They let me calibrate the lag though, and the guy running it said "We're letting people calibrate it now because everyone's whining about lag when they lose." So I calibrated it so that it was correctly synced up, but when the song started none of the notes registered, causing me to fail at 4%. At my house i've passed that song with 97%, so I knew something was wrong right off the bat. And one of my friends who went with me today played directly after i was done (and also re-calibrated it) to make sure the calibration wasn't off. He can pass every song on GH3 on expert and he failed The Wind Cries Mary on hard.
DJspin1  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP. omg. You couldn't have POSSIBLY taken the words out of my mouth anymore accurately. Everything from start to finish. to picking B.Y.O.B. and failing to calibration being off to strumming early. I MEAN EVERYTHING.

man. i thought I was gonna get it. I don't play standing up and without hyperspeed. it didn't end good. I told them about the lag and the guy let me try again. I picked Crazy Train and passed with 90%....I got like 99% at home. and I only played it like twice. I'm not gonna go into my scores or anything but it's obviously something wrong with the Six Flags game if I can't get 95% on these songs (maybe minus Satch Boogie) but yeah. I can't win that stuff under these conditions lol

hopefully that made sense. it's kinda late for me and I'm out of it lol

Goals:
FC Freebird [ ] | 5* TTFAF b4 GH:WT [X] | Get More FCs [ ]
Fannypack  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather have a meter wide bouncy ball then a like first act guitar they would give you any day

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
Bchulo  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there i got 97% on BYOB won a red skull guitar the game was lagging badly but it was only video lag so i just fixed my eyes towards the top of the notes and played to the sound. I almost started a riot when i told some of the other moms why their kids(who they claim were good at gh) were losing in the first 20 seconds and for the rest of the day people were coming up to me venting their frustration one person even said they would write a letter to whoever was in charge. I have pictures i would post if i knew how.[/img]
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this last year. Took me two tries to get Crazy Train (bullshit laggy TV) and got the guitar. Sold it for 50 bucks at a yard sale, so... Profit!

But yeah, the guitar did suck pretty bad. It couldn't hold a tune at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: