Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Unofficial ScoreHero Guitar GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 217, 218, 219  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would highly recommend not adding GH Live to the series as it has been collectively defined. The requirements for adding a game to the 'official' GH series (assuming these are "console games with 'Guitar Hero' in their name") don't do their job well at all in my opinion.

Why include GHL, but not Band Hero? BH features the exact same peripheral(s) as the rest of the GH series and is a standalone game that focuses on this peripheral (unlike DJ Hero, where the guitar parts are merely an afterthought). There really is no difference gameplay-wise between BH and the GH series; it's pretty much the same game as GH5, only with different songs - much like GH80s was. GHL, on the other hand, features a wholly different peripheral and as such its gameplay is more different from GH than RB is, for instance.

Let's put it this way: if the marketing team decided BH was gonna be called "Guitar Hero: Super Pop Band, Yeah!", it should be part of the GH series, right? What if GH80s were called simply "80s Hair-Oh"? Now it's not part of the GH series anymore. What if GHL were called "Voxtar Hero (It's really hard; try it)"? Something as simple and insignificant to the actual games themselves as a marketing decision shouldn't affect the inclusion of any game within the GH series. The gameplay and overall presentation of it should be the deciding factors in this case; if you need to learn to play a different peripheral for a game, I don't see why it should be considered part of the 'old' GH series. You might as well add the DS games then.

Edit: I don't mean to come across as intrusive in this thread, so I'm sorry if it looks like I am. This is just the first place where this issue had come up and I just wanted to get my opinion in
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Data pulled from 8/13/2015 uploaded. Enjoy.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! I moved up on the Grand Total board! I actually forgot I played WoR at some point haha.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update bushidox! Hope you aren't that busy with life/work/everything, and you can come to help us 1) Tell me where are the secret points are. 2) Decide on GH:L.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Thanks for the update bushidox! Hope you aren't that busy with life/work/everything, and you can come to help us 1) Tell me where are the secret points are. 2) Decide on GH:L.

Speaking as someone who works as a tech aide at a high school, the first week(s) of school are pretty much madness. I completely understand if he is too busy for his regularly awesome updates.

As far as the GHL debate goes, I feel like it'd have to be included in the main series total. It is a direct sequel (ok so maybe more of a reboot) in the GH franchise, despite how different the control scheme is. Seems deserving to me. Anyway I will attempt to give pinkiepie a run for his money at first place if it is included, although I'm 99% sure I'll suck for a very long time on expert in GHL... but chances aren't too bad considering most people ahead of me are pretty much permanently retired :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:

Speaking as someone who works as a tech aide at a high school, the first week(s) of school are pretty much madness. I completely understand if he is too busy for his regularly awesome updates.

As far as the GHL debate goes, I feel like it'd have to be included in the main series total. It is a direct sequel (ok so maybe more of a reboot) in the GH franchise, despite how different the control scheme is. Seems deserving to me. Anyway I will attempt to give pinkiepie a run for his money at first place if it is included, although I'm 99% sure I'll suck for a very long time on expert in GHL... but chances aren't too bad considering most people ahead of me are pretty much permanently retired :p
Sounds like a race then :p. I know I'll suck at it, but... I want first for once. And not on keys lol. Even though that was pretty damn hard, this'll be fun. I just need to get back to squeezing GH2, and "finish" that game off. Get a bit closer to you. Damn, I really need a PS2 again... Then this would be much more fun.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 way race? :)

That means I need to get good at the other games but still, this game might re-light the fire that burned out a while back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:

That means I need to get good at the other games but still, this game might re-light the fire that burned out a while back.

I wanna gun for top spot too for GHL! I honestly hope I can keep up with everyone, but who knows...

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

I wanna gun for top spot too for GHL! I honestly hope I can keep up with everyone, but who knows...
Well everyone has an advantage if my shoulder keeps acting up. And I'm up for a three way race.
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% agree with Tim. Don't mean to rehash some of what he said, but here it goes. Someone who WANTS GHL in the FSFC plz explain these:

1. Why does GHL deserve to be included (noticeably different gameplay, new controller scheme) when BH does not (literally GH5 in every way + a working drum engine)?

Possible responses:
a. "2 ez" - Ok so with that logic I can get 559 guitar FC's and not FC Closer because it's not worth my time, FSFC anyways!

b. "doesn't have Guitar in the actual name" - Well then,

2. Why are the DS games not included then? I see the word "Guitar" in almost all of them.

Possible responses:
a. "u have to buy a new console in order to play it" - So let's say I'm a ps2 player. Have been ever since GH1 and have bought every GH game that's come out on ps2. GHWOR gets released and unfortunately it's not being made for the ps2. With this logic I don't have to include WOR in the FSFC since I have to buy a new console for it.

b. "the gameplay/guitar grip controller thingy is different from legacy 5 button guitar gameplay" - Hmmm a game that uses a different controller/gameplay. You don't say. . .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insert irrational reasoning here

Mercurial  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BH should be included as well as GHL.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, time for my 'input'!

SlasherManEXE wrote:

Indeed. The groupings are all arbitrary anyway so it doesn't really matter one way or the other. The more leaderboards the better (3 seems a good number as any) and as long as people have some smaller sub group to concentrate on and feel they can influence, and feel like they're improving vs their peers, then that's all that really matters. What's included where is really of secondary, even no, importance.

There has always been argument. Should GHA be added to the O211 leaderboard, should Band Hero be in the on disk GH leaderboard, etc. As long as every game that's score tracked is included somewhere then it's really up to the owner of the IP (i.e. bushi) where it goes, after all it is an UNOFFICIAL set up and anyone who puts the effort in has the right to decide. If he wants to invite comment then OK, if not then OK also but ultimately what he decides will happen. Maybe it won't be included at all!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
So, time for my 'input'!

SlasherManEXE wrote:

Indeed. The groupings are all arbitrary anyway so it doesn't really matter one way or the other. The more leaderboards the better (3 seems a good number as any) and as long as people have some smaller sub group to concentrate on and feel they can influence, and feel like they're improving vs their peers, then that's all that really matters. What's included where is really of secondary, even no, importance.

There has always been argument. Should GHA be added to the O211 leaderboard, should Band Hero be in the on disk GH leaderboard, etc. As long as every game that's score tracked is included somewhere then it's really up to the owner of the IP (i.e. bushi) where it goes, after all it is an UNOFFICIAL set up and anyone who puts the effort in has the right to decide. If he wants to invite comment then OK, if not then OK also but ultimately what he decides will happen. Maybe it won't be included at all!
It's more about the principle, really. Yes at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what happens in terms of placement of games but to say that there wasn't a little bias if the scenario of including GHL and not BH happening is a complete lie. I think our point is that there should be a more solid set of guidelines in terms of what exactly constitutes a GH game. And I wouldn't say that it has that little of importance. Adding another game can definitely be a big deal to some.

Also this is why I was wondering: if this is really just an unofficial leaderboard, where/who decides what is included in a FSFC? It seems like this is the closest thing we have to that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't get included at all, that would be a real shame. But while we're on the topic, I propose adding Rock Revolution to the leaderboard because I want an unfair advantage :^)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 217, 218, 219  Next
Page 182 of 219

Jump to: