ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7/13/10 GH5 DLC - Avenged Sevenfold Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTHomeslice wrote:
Mimming wrote:
WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS?

YOU GUYS ARE USUALLY INSTANT AT THESE THINGS

Elfson got em up so slow your roll br0.

Anyway, this pack is pretty killer. Guitar charts are way more fun than RB's and really look forward to rocking some X+ drums. And as my friend up there said, the animations are fantastic. I loved in Afterlife when the spins and points the stick just like in the video. Good stuff.

Except for the singer's mouth, it's still horrible off and it's making me angry that all the DLC is now like this.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
AeroSmash  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYS, TAKE NOTE:
There arent purple notes... (just "Scream", but for the keyboard (or synth), so, solos will not has purple notes...)
bad notice....
gh6 will not has purple notes...

thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AeroSmash wrote:
GUYS, TAKE NOTE:
There arent purple notes... (just "Scream", but for the keyboard (or synth), so, solos will not has purple notes...)
bad notice....

YES!

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Mimming  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
AeroSmash wrote:
GUYS, TAKE NOTE:
bad notice....

YES!

GUYS TAKE NOTE:

"Aerosmash" Doesn't do any fact checking before he runs his mouth, and yes there will be "purple" notes in GH6.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AeroSmash wrote:
GUYS, TAKE NOTE:
bad notice....

They are toning back on the tapping/purple notes for GH6, but it has been confirmed that they are in the game.

Though these are the worst songs for them to choose I think, I will grab Afterlife for the new and hopefully better chart and Scream cause I want to play something new in GH5 lol

*EDIT* Things got fixed finally. Scream, though I hate the song is not too bad to play. Afterlife is much better on GH5. It's actually enjoyable to play, even with the solo.
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole pack looks very fun, and the charting was very well done, but...

Does anyone else think the Afterlife solo was drastically undercharted? I'm all for fun, but that's kinda a case where if it's hard, it NEEDS to be hard.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwakamoley wrote:
The whole pack looks very fun, and the charting was very well done, but...

Does anyone else think the Afterlife solo was drastically undercharted? I'm all for fun, but that's kinda a case where if it's hard, it NEEDS to be hard.

I thought Afterlife was kinda overdone with to solo to me in RB, so it seems just right in GH lol
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I thought Afterlife was kinda overdone with to solo to me in RB, so it seems just right in GH lol

It seems undercharted it some spots, but Solo D looks a lot better in GH than RB.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this pack is really really fun. sightread 5*s all around but no shot in hell of FCing.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finalizer wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

It seems undercharted it some spots, but Solo D looks a lot better in GH than RB.

Honestly, both games got it pretty wrong in Solo D. All it is, is a bit of tremolo picking followed by some other stuffs. Still, both games' solos are fun in their own way.
EfJay  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwakamoley wrote:
Finalizer wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

Honestly, both games got it pretty wrong in Solo D. All it is, is a bit of tremolo picking followed by some other stuffs. Still, both games' solos are fun in their own way.

We don't chart what it is supposed to be, we chart what is actually heard in the audio track and believe me, that's what it is... It is fast picking of course, but at that speed the GH engine makes it all hammer ons and pull offs...
Just put it on slower or slowest in practice mode and you'll see that the gems match every notes heard in the audio...
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
We don't chart what it is supposed to be, we chart what is actually heard in the audio track and believe me, that's what it is... It is fast picking of course, but at that speed the GH engine makes it all hammer ons and pull offs...
Just put it on slower or slowest in practice mode and you'll see that the gems match every notes heard in the audio...

I thought it was possible to override that? I know manually placed HOPOs are possible, so I assumed you could tell the game where strum notes need to be too.

Either way, the charts are spectacular, Almost Easy drums especially.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
EfJay wrote:

I thought it was possible to override that? I know manually placed HOPOs are possible, so I assumed you could tell the game where strum notes need to be too.

They could do that, and they could've for many other songs that are technically played the same way - but they won't because it'd be the definition of un-fun to play.

Anyway, after listening to the guitar track myself, I had figured it was another One FSA situation, where the guitarist was just playing really messily and you guys charted the general idea of what was being played.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
EfJay wrote:

Either way, the charts are spectacular, Almost Easy drums especially.

They did that for Laser cannon deth sentence, and there was alot of crap about how it should be hopos. Just like all the old charts of all games RB or GH: If the notes are 8th note triplets or faster they will be hopos. This solo is in 16th notes why would you force them to be strums if they never do that in a solo? Almost all solos have many more picks in real life then there is in the chart. Like the intro in Still I Rise. All hopos even if everything is strummed in real life.
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination or is something up with the audio quality of these songs (on the Wii, anyway)? The mix seems really muddy compared to other on-disc and DLC material...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: