ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Street Fighter X Tekken/Tekken X Street Fighter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Street Fighter X Tekken/Tekken X Street Fighter Reply with quote

Yes, it's happening: During Capcom's Super Street Fighter 4 panel at Comic-Con today, a trailer was shown off for Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and Xbox 360, the official name for the game pitting characters from two of the most popular fighting game series ever against each other for the first time.

The announcement came in what almost sounds like the promotion for an epic wrestling match -- the proceedings of the panel were suddenly interrupted (very deliberately, of course) by producers of the Tekken series, and this was followed by a trailer that made the game official (we should have some footage up soon). Evidently SSF4 producer Yoshinori Ono first approached Tekken 6 producer Katsuhiro Harada about the idea, since Ono heard Harada was a Street Fighter fan.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180566
Gameplay!
Oh god this looks amazing.
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juggle X Hadoken, Super Tekken Tag Fighter, I'm not sure what to call it :U

But yeah this seems pretty cool, I really want to see how the SF characters perform in the Tekken engine, whenever Namco gets around to showing theirs.

EDIT: OH GOD I JUST REALIZED

ZANGIEF VS KUMA

HOLY SHIT GAME OF THE CENTURY

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U

Last edited by FlannelJacket on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been hearing, the Capcom game (SF X Tek) is going to be a 2D-based fighter, while the Namco game (Tek X SF) will be the 3D-based shown in the trailers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
From what I've been hearing, the Capcom game (SF X Tek) is going to be a 2D-based fighter, while the Namco game (Tek X SF) will be the 3D-based shown in the trailers.

Pretty much.
I'm interested to see how SF characters fare in 3D. I'm not big on Tekken, but I totally plan on picking both up.
Kirbyatic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitly be picking up SFxT, but I'm not the biggest fan of 3D fighters, so I'll have to see more of TxSF before I get that. Damn that sounds confusing when I typed that
Incognito  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably pick up both but only play the capcom one seriously. I like Tekken, I'm just terrible at it is all.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chun-Li/Xiaoyu
Ryu/Hwoarang
Law/FeiLong

Awesome. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just has to be sweet.
I'm very talented at Tekken so beating the crap out of SF characters would be fun as hell...

Bob vs. Rufus! FTW!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's still in early build, I wonder
Will there be the same characters as SS4? Or will they bring along new/old characters? Like Hugo or Alex from 3rd Strike? I really hope so.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest in 3D fighters really, but i'm pretty freaking excited about anything new based on the SF4 engine, because actually, despite the flaws, i really, reallly like it.

And hey, admittedly Tekken has some badass characters.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always hated Tekken...but playing them on a 2D engine might be a lot more interesting.

But I've never really liked any of the characters in Tekken either. Not enough off-the-wall types, unless they are just some stupid animal or something. Yoshimitsu has always been awesome though.

I would probably only be interested in the Namco one because of the Street Fighter characters.

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea Namco was going to be producing one with SF characters. Crazy! I'm predicting the crossover will be much better for the 2D Capcom version, though. Not because I've never been a fan of Tekken, but just from a realistic standpoint. Once you have people moving in a 3D ring rather than side-to-side, Hadokens and Sonicbooms become practically useless unless they follow you, which would be really gimmicky.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiridion wrote:
I had no idea Namco was going to be producing one with SF characters. Crazy! I'm predicting the crossover will be much better for the 2D Capcom version, though. Not because I've never been a fan of Tekken, but just from a realistic standpoint. Once you have people moving in a 3D ring rather than side-to-side, Hadokens and Sonicbooms become practically useless unless they follow you, which would be really gimmicky.

I doubt they would have them. They added moves to get the Tekken chars past the fireballs, so I doubt that they would include fireballs in SF. If they do include fireballs, it would be more like a devil jin motion, not the motions we're used to.

I'm sure they will make it work. They wouldn't have agreed to do the games if they had not had thought of how to make both sides work. I trust the companies, after all they are the two best companies for fighters, ever.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireballs will probably just be combo enders or juggle tools as opposed to the zoning tool they are in SF.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Guess we'll just have to see what direction Namco takes. It'll be interesting, regardless, but I don't know if it will be enough to get me into the Tekken series. Absolutely picking SF x Tekken up, though. It's going to be fun to see SFIV factor in more of the ludicrous juggles and combinations and hopefully less of the intense strategy and frame rate study.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: