ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Starcraft II - NASL going strong, thread going strong
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Starcraft II - NASL going strong, thread going strong Reply with quote

This thread is for all things Starcraft and Starcraft 2. Post about recent SC news, your experiences with the game, or anything else SC related!

GSL 4 is underway!

Code S has been crazy fun to watch. I made a post in this thread about not getting excited about the GSL, but I take it back. This season has brought by far the most high-level, sick baller play ever. Watch every game in this series, no joke (but if you do only watch one, make it set 5):

http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors1/vod/59460

Users
I also thought it'd be a fun idea to post user names so maybe we can get some Scorehero games going. Do not post your RealID! Other forums such as TeamLiquid have had problems with people receiving lots of spam in their inbox when posting their ReadlID (aka email) on the forums (huge surprise). If you'd like to add somebody's RealID, use PM.

US Server

Code:

Scorehero            Starcraft         Race         League     
-----------------------------------------------------------------
fenster              fenster.292       Zerg         Diamond
bjwdestroyer         bjw.454
Unpur3               TomLomo.???       Terran       Bronze
footballtom3685      McLovin.426       Terran       Gold
Adsee                Adsee.657         Protoss      Gold
sextypething         necrophagist      Protoss
CTangent             CTangent.611      P/Z          Bronze
ravagetalon          ravagetalon.918   Terran       Gold
Akaleth              Akaleth.516       Protoss      Silver
DPooch               DPooch.707        Protoss      Silver
sportsboy85          sportsboy.511     Terran       Bronze

EU Server
Code:

Scorehero            Starcraft         Race         League     
-----------------------------------------------------------------
prebensoerensen      nubhat   

Last edited by suspectfenster on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 35 times in total
Urisma  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely be getting this tomorrow. I never played starcraft 1 (blasphemy, I know), so I'm hopeful this game will make up for that. Only problem is I'm hosting a party tomorrow, and might have to wait A WHOLE DAY to play this game. It's a tragedy, I know. Oh well. Just broke up with my girlfriend so I guess I'll have wayyy more time to play this.

Also, anyone know where I can download this? I'm guessing the Blizzard store will have it, but I need to pay with paypal.
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the game tomorow, even though I've never played Starcraft before I'm pretty excited for it. I've been following HuskyStarcraft and HDStarcrafts channels on YT for a while, after Beyon3d liked one of their videos and I watched to see what it was. After watching a few videos and grasping the basics of the races and such I was watching videos everyday lol. So I can't wait to finally get it and play it.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:
I will definitely be getting this tomorrow. I never played starcraft 1 (blasphemy, I know), so I'm hopeful this game will make up for that. Only problem is I'm hosting a party tomorrow, and might have to wait A WHOLE DAY to play this game. It's a tragedy, I know. Oh well. Just broke up with my girlfriend so I guess I'll have wayyy more time to play this.

Also, anyone know where I can download this? I'm guessing the Blizzard store will have it, but I need to pay with paypal.

Blizzard has a downloadable version of the game, but I have no idea if you can pay via Paypal or not. But you can give it a shot: http://us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

Unpur3 wrote:
I'm getting the game tomorow, even though I've never played Starcraft before I'm pretty excited for it. I've been following HuskyStarcraft and HDStarcrafts channels on YT for a while, after Beyon3d liked one of their videos and I watched to see what it was. After watching a few videos and grasping the basics of the races and such I was watching videos everyday lol. So I can't wait to finally get it and play it.

It's funny, I know a ton of people who got into the game by watching HD and Husky. A lot of people slam them, but it's inarguable they do a fantastic job of casting so that people who are not uber-familiar with the game still enjoy the match. I always watch a few HD videos when I'm just in the mood for a spectator match.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda mixed on it.

I love finally seeing a sequal, but the most memorable matches for me were all over LAN. Unfortunately, Blizzard took out LAN.

I'm not sure which way to go, and especially now, will I have time to play... I just got DJ hero.
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
It's funny, I know a ton of people who got into the game by watching HD and Husky. A lot of people slam them, but it's inarguable they do a fantastic job of casting so that people who are not uber-familiar with the game still enjoy the match. I always watch a few HD videos when I'm just in the mood for a spectator match.

They're doing a brilliant job of promoting Starcraft, I mean not a lot of channels have 100k subs when they're devoted to a video game, well excluding all the CoD channels.
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I wish I could get it. I was in the beta since the beginning of phase 1 and I loved every minute of it. Don't have any money since I just bought Axis pedals for my drum set. I was in Platinum league too. Shit got real serious there.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
Adsee  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:

Unpur3 wrote:

I agree, I love HD and Husky's casting, its perfect for just sitting back and enjoying the game. While Day9 is a better caster than them in terms of analysis and such, both are incredible at the play-by-play of the game.

Still, though, the King of the Beta tournament was incredible, really shows how Starcraft 2 has a bright future.

Oh, and I just picked up my collectors edition, installing as I type.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best game ever.

Really though, the single player campaign is absolutely phenomenal. They system they have created to progress you through the game makes you wonder how they didn't do this sooner. I LOVE that they bring back pretty much every Starcraft 1 unit in the single player, and then throw on even more units (and buildings!) which have never appeared in beta or elsewhere. Just really, really cool.

I expected to play campaign for about an hour and then dig into multiplayer but I haven't gotten that far. Just too addicted to this right now.

Also my name is fenster.292.
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get into this game but my pc simply flat out sucks, there's no way in hell I can run it on anything. Still my flat mate has a copy so hopefully I can harass him enough to let me have a go. I've been watched alot of the King of the Beta games and I have to say some of the stuff is amazing to watch and its made me want this game even more. I guess it gives me incentive to save up some money for a new pc.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: bjw
Character Code: 454

You can go ahead and add me but note that if you want to play with me, well, it probably won't happen until September due to lag. Although, I haven't actually tested my connection in a multiplayer game yet (I've only played some single player so far, enjoying BROOTAL difficulty) so I won't really know whether or not my connection can handle it until tomorrow.
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: TomLomo
I'm fucking terrible at this game so I'd appreciate if any of you would be kind enough to play me in some practice games or whatever. I seriously cant seem to manage to spend all my money and I have an average unspent resources of like 2k every game lol. And my timing on timing pushes is terrible lol.
EDIT:I play Terran at the minute (bronze division ftw) just because it seems like the simpler of the races to get used to, whilest still being strong, and you can turtle
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: McLovin.426 (original, I know)

I'm so bad at this game compared to most, but I'm actually 6-9 in the practice league games so far. I never played StarCraft so my only real RTS knowledge comes from WC3.

Feel free to add me if you enjoy losing!
Adsee  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adsee.657

I was playing the campaign nonstop when I got the game, and I loved every damn moment of it (except for some of the cheesy lines that were said).

Right now I'm in the silver league and I play a mix of Toss/Zerg, Protoss being my primary, and best race. I do play Terran on occasion, but I just don't like the race as much as the other two, even though it does have the most versatility.

I'm very so-so in general, although I am getting better
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I swallowed the pill and decided to sign up for a tournament.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139057

It's a platinum league and lower tournament, so I can rest easy knowing I won't be playing any Diamonds. Still I'm fairly confident I will get rolled but I figured it'd be a good experience and if I make it even to the best of 32 I'd be very happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: