ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Soundgarden Album & DLC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Soundgarden Album & DLC Reply with quote

Soundgarden and Guitar Hero(R) Break New Ground in Epic Collaboration for the Launch of Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock

--Telephantasm - First New Soundgarden Album in Over 10 Years - to be Bundled with 1 Million Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Launch Units
--Telephantasm to be Released as Downloadable Content Day and Date with the Game this September
--New Single 'Black Rain' to Debut Exclusively in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug 03, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Hot on the heels of their highly anticipated reunion, GRAMMY(R) award-winning rockers Soundgarden and Activision Publishing Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock will come together this September in a groundbreaking collaboration that marks the first time a new music album will be simultaneously released and bundled with a video game. All one million North American Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock launch units will contain Telephantasm, a 12-song career-spanning album, and will be exclusively available with the game for one week, prior to the album's retail release. Additionally, day and date with the launch of the game, fans and gamers alike will get full access to the band's new album as downloadable content for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. Delivering fans original content exclusively playable in Guitar Hero(R), axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will also have the opportunity to rock out to "Black Rain," the band's amazing, all-new single, as part of the 90+ on-disc song selection of shredtastic rock music.
"We're extremely excited to be collaborating with Soundgarden on this monumental moment in their music career," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Guitar Hero. "Guitar Hero continues to break new ground by being the preeminent interactive platform for debuting original content and a stage for the biggest acts in all genres of rock and roll to reach new audiences in an all-new way."
In Addition, on September 28th A&M/UMe will be releasing three expanded versions of Telephantasm which will include a double-disc with 12 additional tracks, five of which are previously unreleased, and Soundgarden's first-ever DVD, featuring 20 videos, 13 of which have never been released, a Deluxe 3-LP Vinyl Edition and an individually numbered Super Deluxe Collector's Edition. The Super Deluxe Collector's Edition will be available for a limited time and will include two CDs, the limited edition DVD, three heavy vinyl discs, a collectible poster, lithos, and much more. These three expanded versions will be available at all music retail outlets and on the band's website.
In Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, join with friends on an epic rock journey to save rock. Featuring an impressive 90+ track set list and a host of all-new gameplay features, living room legends and their friends can strum, drum and wail in the most immersive music videogame experience to date. Delivering the quintessential rock music collection that focuses on guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Slipknot and Megadeth and larger-than-life band anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS, players can unleash more rewards and unlockable content than ever before in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock's Quest Mode, the franchise's first ever story-based mode, and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills. Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined and with encores from the critically-acclaimed and fan favorite gameplay features that made Guitar Hero one of the most popular franchises of all-time - such as Party Play, Competitive modes and any combination of up to four instruments - the game offers a complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music experience.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and by Vicarious Visions for the Wii(TM) system from Nintendo. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, please visit GuitarHero.com.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition including from used games and other forms of entertainment, litigation risks and associated costs, rapid changes in technology, industry standards, business models including online and used games, and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors, and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers that can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities and potential challenges associated with geographic expansion, and the other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
Guitar Hero, Band Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the CD bundled only certain bundles such as Guitar, Full Band, Game Only, a special Soundgarden bundle?

Because I preordered the Guitar Bundle and I hope the Guitar Bundle counts towards that 1 Million units (:
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine so, but I don't know for sure - might be worth asking the folks over at guitarhero.com. I don't have any info about this other than the press release I just posted.
Paul
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Soundgarden Album & DLC Reply with quote

PaulRobinson wrote:
Delivering fans original content exclusively playable in Guitar Hero(R), axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will also have the opportunity to rock out to "Black Rain," the band's amazing, all-new single, as part of the 90+ on-disc song selection of shredtastic rock music.

90+ "SONG" set list. So we do count as 2112 as one song or what?
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game releases 4 days earlier in Europe, can we expect the DLC 4 days earlier as well?
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.spin.com/articles/soundgarden-album-unreleased-song-due-soon

As for the questions - Rush is counted as 7 songs. No idea about the availability of DLC in Europe - ask the folks on guitarhero.com about that one.
Paul
RdNetwork  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 questions :

- Is the game also bundled with the CD in Europe ?

- Does this means that if we buy one of this million copies, we get the album as free DLC, or will we have to pay it ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Telephantasm (Single CD):
1. Hunted Down
2. Hands All Over
3. Outshined
4. Rusty Cage
5. Birth Ritual
6. Black Hole Sun
7. Spoonman
8. My Wave
9. Fell On Black Days
10. Burden In My Hand
11. Blow Up The Outside World
12. Black Rain (Previously Unreleased)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND YOU STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IN YOUR JESUS CHRIST PO...... Oh Wait :/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoyed that it specifically says North American copies. Europe gets screwed out of everything >_<

Oh well, I'm glad it's not free, since that means it'll be on the Wii Music Store. Rusty Cage here I come!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, better than the shitty Oasis album anyway

And Paul, one thing that always gets me, I know you're just doing your job by copy/pasting the press things, but maybe could you kindly please tell whoever writes them to start using paragraphs and sentences? :P

Kinda losing all my HP here getting hit with a wall of text for every announcement

On another note, I hope the "thing" that Disturbed are working on for Guitar Hero is possibly a full album release by them aswell
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:
And Paul, one thing that always gets me, I know you're just doing your job by copy/pasting the press things, but maybe could you kindly please tell whoever writes them to start using paragraphs and sentences? :P

Kinda losing all my HP here getting hit with a wall of text for every announcement

Actually that's formatted in the standard format for press releases. Because they go out on a wire (or something) they are set up with a minimum of formatting.

also this joystiq article specifically mentions a voucher to get the album as DLC:
joystiq wrote:
Not only that, copies of the game that include the CD also include vouchers for the whole album as Guitar Hero DLC.

No idea if they alone have some other source in addition to the presser that everybody has, or if they were merely inventing that detail of the offer out of whole cloth due to poor journalistic standards, but htere is a glimmer of hope of getting this album as free DLC at least until somebody in PR at activision comes in an clears up the issue (note that most pressers announcing DLC usually give prices, and this one doesnt but could be because its wider focus).
Overwin  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsausage wrote:
AND YOU STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IN YOUR JESUS CHRIST PO...... Oh Wait :/

I agree :/
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I better hope this time Canada is part of the North American copies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
I better hope this time Canada is part of the North American copies.

Agreed, we got left out of the Van Halen deal, which was pretty shitty, cuz I didn't feel like buying it, and I guess still haven't...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: