ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Metallica Expert Drums FC Breakdown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero: Metallica Expert Drums FC Breakdown Reply with quote

I actually made this a while ago, but have never gotten around to posting it here...

I've been busy with Guitar Hero: Metallica lately, so I decided to make a Drums FC Breakdown, since it hasn't been done before. I sorted the songs by difficulty ranging from 1-10. Not only is this helpful to get a global view of the songs' difficulty, but it also might be useful for a future master FC breakdown. The numbers next to the songs' names is the current FC count.

GH:M is a unique game, difficulty-wise. There are only very few FC's you get for free, as well as only a couple of really hard FC's (unlike GH:WT, GH:SH and GH5), so it only makes sense the 6/7 categories are overpopulated. I'm not completely done with the breakdown yet, so feel free to argue about it.

Difficulty 1
  1. Nothing Else Matters [] - Slow and easy song, not even a beginner should have much trouble FC'ing this
  2. The Unforgiven [] - The intro might take a few tries, but the rest of the song is cake.
  3. The Thing That Should Not Be [] - Staying awake is the hardest part when trying to FC this song.

Difficulty 2
  4. For Whom the Bell Tolls [] - Some double kicks halfway trough, but nothing hard outside of those.
  5. Enter Sandman [] - Basic beat with a few fills towards the end of the song.
  6. The Memory Remains [] - The fast triplet reds might be a problem for beginners, but the rest of the song is pretty basic.
  7. King Nothing [] - Nothing hard besides the disco beat-esque part towards the end

Difficulty 3
  8. Turn the Page (Live) [] - Nice and slow beat with a couple of easy fills. There's one harder roll at the end of the song, which makes this less of a push-over than it initially seems
  9. No Leaf Clover [] - The rolls are the only slightly hard parts in the song, the rest of it is pretty basic
  10. Sad But True [] - Pretty standard beat, the fills and the double kicks make this a moderately difficult FC
  11. Mother of Mercy [] -

Difficulty 4
  12. Orion [] - Only moderately difficult because of its length.
  13. No Excuses [] - This verses are pretty unique and there are a few fills you might trip over.
  14. Armed and Ready [] -
  15. Hell Bent for Leather [] - The intro might take a few tries, but the rest is practically sightread material.

Difficulty 5
  16. Demon Cleaner [15] - Very long song with very little variation, although the main beat can be a little confusing, you'll need to stay focused the entire time.
  17. Frantic [40] - Pretty fast song which doesn't get too complex anywhere. If you're any good with in-between bass notes, this FC shouldn't take too long.
  18. One [27] -
  19. Stone Cold Crazy [38] - The main beat is quite fast and you'll need to learn the fills before attempting to FC this.

Difficulty 6
  20. Stacked Actors [29] -
  21. Creeping Death [23] - Pretty fast througout almost the entire song (which is pretty long as well), although the fast rolls and triple kicks are the only hard parts
  22. Fuel [27] - One of the most unique Metallica songs in the game. The choruses based on the green pad and the roll speed-ups are the hardest parts.
  23. Mercyful Fate [17] - 13 minutes of basic beats and simple fills, this song will only be testing your endurance and consistency.
  24. Wherever I May Roam [22] - Very basic beat and a few fills here and there. The un-intuitive fills towards the end of the song are possible chokespots.
  25. Fight Fire with Fire [24] - Probably the easiest of the "basic metal beat + double bass sections" songs in the game. Not too hard an FC if you're any consistent with those parts.
  26. Disposable Heroes [16] - Slightly harder than Mercyful Fate, but it's really only the length of the song that causes the most trouble.
  27. The Boys Are Back In Town [12] - Rating this song is nearly impossible... the song's difficulty really depends on how good you are at swing beats. The outro is slightly chokeable.
  28. Fade to Black [14] - Slow and easy song, until you get to the last part. There's a few fast double kicks and the neverending bass notes at the end might put your leg endurance to the test.
  29. Am I Evil? [14] -

Difficulty 7
  30. Seek & Destroy [13] - Overall not too hard, but the two fast rolls and the double kicks during the break can be quite tough.
  31. Evil [9] - Doesn't get too hard anywhere, but you might trip over the disco-beat parts.
  32. Mommy's Little Monster (Live) [12] - Pretty fast overall, but only the awkward fill halfway through and the chokeable outro stand out.
  33. Whiplash [17] - The main beat isn't hard at all, but there are a few fills that require odd sticking. Once you learn these fills, there's not much that'll trouble you.
  34. The Shortest Straw [14] - *Insert description for Whiplash*. Overall slightly harder and longer than Whiplash.
  35. Hit the Lights [11] - Fast song, with *lots* of double kicks. The intro roll probably needs a few retries and the outro fill is quite chokeable.
  36. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) [7] - The outro is the only reason why there are so few FC's of this song. Other than that, there's not much to worry about.
  37. Albatross [8] - The disco-beat-style fill halfway through is by far the hardest part of the song. There's also a rather chokeable fill at the end.
  38. Master of Puppets [16] - Very long song, including a lot of fast rolls. You're very likely to miss at least one of them if you're not consistent enough.

Difficulty 8
  39. Beautiful Mourning [18] - This song is spammed with disco beats, two of them are even based on the orange cymbal. Aside from those, the only hard part is the "Strings of Sorrow" section.
  40. Toxicity [13] - Odd sticking and awkward 32nd rolls during the Choruses make this quite a technical song. The rest is pretty basic.
  41. The Black River [6] - Nothing too hard outside of the fast rolls spread throughout the song (one of them requiring odd sticking) and the double kicks halfway through. It's also pretty lengthy.
  42. Dyer's Eve [16] - Very overrated song, that requires nothing but speed. But even though there are 15+ FC's, the song still isn't a cakewalk. It's most likely a lot of people only got this FC because they didn't want to practice any hard parts/learn difficult rolls other songs might have. Add the fact that Dyer's Eve is considered one of the hardest FC's in GH:M, so more people are willing to grind for the FC.
  43. Tuesday's Gone [5] - Long and boring song, with one extremely chokeable fill at the end. Arguably one of the most annoying FC's in the game.
  44. Ace of Spades [8] - Basic beat with tough rolls continuously popping up, the first 32nd note roll and the roll during the guitar solo stand out.

Difficulty 9
  45. Blood and Thunder [13] - Lots of tough rolls and the difficult solo part make this one of the most technical songs in the game.
  46. Battery [7] - Although not the fastest song in the game, the awkwardly charted toms during the main beat and a couple of fills throughout the song make this technically quite challenging
  47. All Nightmare Long [6] - Long cymball rolls and two fills that require double stroking… nothing really hard outside of those, although the length of the song makes this quite an annoying FC.
  48. War Inside My Head [7] - Fast intro roll and a bunch of awkward fills during the second part of the song require great accuracy and speed

Difficulty 10
  49. War Ensemble [2] - GH:M would've been the easiest GH FGFC if it weren't for this song. You'll face a fast beat throughout most of the song, accompanied by the fastest bass blasts in the game… which are child's play compared to the crazy rolls that spam the song.

| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)

Last edited by WarlordTm on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 9 times in total
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I need to play the game again, but none of the last 4 or so difficulties seem right at all. Especially placement of Toxicity at 40. Beautiful Mourning is definitely harder than that, and Ace of Spades is insanely high. Really, above Tuesday's Gone? and Dyer's Eve? Dyer's is almost certainly 2nd to last or third to last. Having the endurance and speed for that long far outweighs learning rolls. Black River was a -2 on my sightread with an FC after just checking the chart to see if there's any doublestrokes. I think The Black River was the easiest of the Freya ones so far.

But, for general placement this game is weird. All of the songs are either grind a long song with chokable spots or learn to rolls. And because of that, it's hard for me to say which ones are really a harder FC. A ton stand out for either side but about the same difficulty such as

Difficulty 8-9, chokable ones
All Nightmare Long
Tuesdays Gone
Master of Puppets (seriously, i find it hard to pull off every single roll in one run, but there all easy separately. plus 8 minutes)
Boys are Back in Town (pain to keep redoing)

Difficulty 8-9 technical ones
Beautiful Mourning
Blood and Thunder
War Inside My Head

Difficulty 8-9 Endurance ones
Battery
Dyer's Eve

ones that I see as considerably lower are

Difficulty 7
Toxicity
Ace of Spades
Black River

recap for harder ones ranked too low
Boys are Back in Town
Dyers Eve
Master of Puppets

I gotta give War Inside my Head another try tonight. I don't remember anything overly troublesome in it.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I know I need to play the game again, but none of the last 4 or so difficulties seem right at all. Especially placement of Toxicity at 40. Beautiful Mourning is definitely harder than that, and Ace of Spades is insanely high. Really, above Tuesday's Gone? and Dyer's Eve? Dyer's is almost certainly 2nd to last or third to last. Having the endurance and speed for that long far outweighs learning rolls. Black River was a -2 on my sightread with an FC after just checking the chart to see if there's any doublestrokes. I think The Black River was the easiest of the Freya ones so far.

I wanted my personal input to this list to be relatively small, so I looked through the leaderboards and wrote down how many FC's each song has. You and I may not have too much trouble learning technical fills, but seeing how Dyer's Eve has 16 FC's, I can't possible rate it as difficult as any of the difficulty 9 songs, which have less than 10 FC's each. Also, even though Ace of Spades is clearly not worth a difficulty rating of 9, it still only has 8 FC's, so I think it's fine where it is. You're right about The Black River though, I'll drop it a few places... but Freya and MMaC are still considerably easier.

Quote:
But, for general placement this game is weird. All of the songs are either grind a long song with chokable spots or learn to rolls. And because of that, it's hard for me to say which ones are really a harder FC. A ton stand out for either side but about the same difficulty such as

Difficulty 8-9, chokable ones
All Nightmare Long
Tuesdays Gone
Master of Puppets (seriously, i find it hard to pull off every single roll in one run, but there all easy separately. plus 8 minutes)
Boys are Back in Town (pain to keep redoing)

RTSdeathreaper SRFC'ed Master of Puppets, arvain and I FC'ed Tuesday's Gone on our third try. And like I said, TBaBiT is really just a matter of how good you are at swing beats.

Quote:
Difficulty 8-9 technical ones
Beautiful Mourning
Blood and Thunder
War Inside My Head

There are twice as many FC's of Beautiful Mourning as Blood and Thunder and WIMH, so it's definitely not a 9. There are much more FC's on 4-lane drums than on 5-lane drums as well, so the disco beat sections shouldn't be an FC-breaker. The String of Sorrow section is easily learned as well. WIMH has the toughest fills in the game (outside of War Ensemble), so it's easily one of the hardest FC's in the game. Blood and Thunder is a tough one to rate though. If you're any good at double stroking, the FC shouldn't be too much trouble. Yet, there aren't that many FC's of the song, so a low 9 seems appropriate.

Quote:
Difficulty 8-9 Endurance ones
Battery
Dyer's Eve

With only 6 FC's in total, Battery is definitely one of the hardest FC's in the game, requiring a lot more than just endurance. However, Dyer's Eve is really just a matter of speed, and if you use double bass, there's really not much that should trouble you.

Quote:
ones that I see as considerably lower are

Difficulty 7
Toxicity
Ace of Spades
Black River

Again, this is a personal question. If you're good a tough fills, these songs shouldn't be *too* much of a problem. Yet, not even Sulfurus has FC'ed Toxicity, so it can't be that easy (he told me how much trouble he's having with it). Ace of Spades and The Black River don't have a lot of FC's, and I don't think they're worth a 7 as well.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
And because of that, it's hard for me to say which ones are really a harder FC

I think that's why combining personal experience + amount of fcs is a good idea to come as close as possible to a good breakdown. I see a breakdown more like a "what fc you'll get first" , than a "which one is harder" (even if it's a bit of both).

Some songs in that breakdown that are high, i think "meh, wtf, not that hard !!" .... but when it's Tuesday's gone.... 6541274521 minutes with a boring chart, then the most awkward fill ever at the very end. That makes an fc pretty annoying to get, and learning that ONE fill was very tough ! Some others like Dyer's eve ([personal opinion]OH MY GOD that song has got to be the most overrated song EVER !!! [/personal opinion] ), sound "OMGOMGIMPOSSIBLE" , and when you play, you realize there's nothing outside of those dumb pedals that are not the fastest pedals ever, and these sections are not too long. Length of the song, endurance still needed to grind, and concentration on that weird beat with fast pedals inbetween make it a tough fc, but nothing close to top 3 hardest.

That being said, i'd just move some stuff around there, not much though :

Mercyful fate - Disposable heroes : DH is LONG, BORING, there's a few rolls iirc, but nothing weird, and the basic beat is lolez. MF is even longer, no time to be bored with some little double pedals, it's overall faster, a bit more confusing at times, there's a little disco beat part, and there's that one fill near the beginning of the song that's kinda tricky.

hmmm, maybe WH(S) - Albatross : Albatross is shorter, and that tricky fill isn't at the very end of the song I haven't practiced WH's outro yet, so i guess it's not harder than the fill in Albatross, but yeah, just the length and the fact that it's not at the end would make me put Albatross 37 and WH 38.

For The black river, you just forgot to mention those stupid double pedals And the fill with different sticking is near the end...

For Difficulty 8, BM and Toxicity being the two easiest : fine. But then i don't know if TG's chokeability > TBR.... yeah, probably i'd change 41 - 43.

Last tier i'd only put B&T between Battery and WImH Fast stuff all around, weird sticking sometimes, very technical as you said. Way more than ANL and Battery. And even though Battery is way shorter than ANL, i'd leave it there : WAY more endurance is required, it's awkward as hell, when ANL is only long, and has those dumb double-strokes fills. If ANL was shorter, i'd even put it in Tier 8.

So yeah that's it ._____. Pretty accurate afaic.

EDIT : maybe put WE as difficulty 17 though It's abnormally harder than everything else combined.... brrr *shivers*
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, I somehow combined BABiT with Lust For Life when I wrote that earlier. Nevermind on that front.

I still have to say, I don't see a way for Dyer's Eve to be an easier FC than Battery. Battery is only learning how to move your arms the 4 times the comes in the main beat. And, the main beat is easier to get down. The double bass sections are about the same speed, but much last much longer and appear more in DE. But to me what matters most is that Battery provides many breaks between the fast main beat and the bass making the song less stressful on your limbs.

Battery is easy, hard, easy hard all song long while DE is easy for a while, hard for a long time, easy for a while, hard for a long time.....easy...then 11 measures of don't miss the bass for the FC. As a testament to that, I rarely miss the fast portions in Battery despite being the almost exact same as DE.

Really though, I know a contribution to it is the stigma that Dyer's Eve and Beautiful Mourning carry. Most people attribute Dyer's Eve as the second hardest song in the game while everyone creams over how good of a song BM is to play on drums. BM is getting the treatment that Seven (GH5) got and many songs do nowadays (looks at guitar..>>). I mean Seven is a difficult song, but it's certainly not harder than Deadbolt, Disconnected, One Big Holiday, Back Round hell even Superstition despite have more FCs than all of them and being higher on the list (and twice as many FCs as some of those)

arvain wrote:
Some others like Dyer's eve ([personal opinion]OH MY GOD that song has got to be the most overrated song EVER !!! [/personal opinion] ), sound "OMGOMGIMPOSSIBLE" , and when you play, you realize there's nothing outside of those dumb pedals that are not the fastest pedals ever, and these sections are not too long. Length of the song, endurance still needed to grind, and concentration on that weird beat with fast pedals inbetween make it a tough fc, but nothing close to top 3 hardest.

This honestly boggles my mind, because you seem to agree Battery is top 3 hardest despite have almost identical charts outside of a green instead of a red during the beat(4 times I might add again...)

I know you guys are much better than I am, but it kinda worries me that stuff like Toxicity, lifting your elbow on Battery, and the length of ANL is the hardest part of Guitar Hero Metallica.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
But to me what matters most is that Battery provides many breaks between the fast main beat and the bass making the song less stressful on your limbs.

Not on my limbs Really, i can't grind Battery as much as i grinded DE ._. But i guess it depends on the people...

Quote:
I mean Seven is a difficult song, but it's certainly not harder than Disconnected, One Big Holiday, even Superstition

lol ? Wow, Seven isn't the hardest song ever, but nothing on those 3 songs is very hard, or at least not harder. Matter of opinion i guess...

Quote:
This honestly boggles my mind, because you seem to agree Battery is top 3 hardest despite have almost identical charts outside of a green instead of a red during the beat(4 times I might add again...)

Well, i fc'd DE, haven't fc'd Battery yet. I guess that means something (and i tried again yesterday =/). Again, i can't grind Battery, it's way more stressful for my (special ) limbs ! Even if you're right about easy-hard-easy-hard ¯\(o_O)/¯ And my top 3 is WE, B&T and WImH anyway =P

Also,
Quote:
but it kinda worries me that stuff like Toxicity, lifting your elbow on Battery, and the length of ANL is the hardest part of Guitar Hero Metallica.

well, B&T and WImH are still here too (and yes, there's no more than 6-8 songs that are "hard"). Plus, as he said,
WarlordTm wrote:
GH:M would've been the easiest GH FGFC if it weren't for War Ensemble.
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I still have to say, I don't see a way for Dyer's Eve to be an easier FC than Battery. Battery is only learning how to move your arms the 4 times the comes in the main beat. And, the main beat is easier to get down. The double bass sections are about the same speed, but much last much longer and appear more in DE. But to me what matters most is that Battery provides many breaks between the fast main beat and the bass making the song less stressful on your limbs.

Battery is easy, hard, easy hard all song long while DE is easy for a while, hard for a long time, easy for a while, hard for a long time.....easy...then 11 measures of don't miss the bass for the FC. As a testament to that, I rarely miss the fast portions in Battery despite being the almost exact same as DE.

The green crossover/crossunder notes are far from the only hard parts in the song. There are tons of fills in the song as well, which you don't see in Dyer's Eve at all. The fact that arvain has FC'ed DE, but can't FC Battery, the fact that FC'ing Dyer's Eve took me 30 minutes; the Battery FC took me a couple of days *and* the fact that almost every (top) drummer I've talked to agrees that Battery is a harder FC than Dyer's Eve confirms this.

Quote:
Really though, I know a contribution to it is the stigma that Dyer's Eve and Beautiful Mourning carry. Most people attribute Dyer's Eve as the second hardest song in the game while everyone creams over how good of a song BM is to play on drums.

Yes, I agree with the point you made there. I've been keeping this in mind while making the list, which is why Evil isn't in the 8/9 tiers and Blood and Thunder *is* tier 9. Still, even the hardest sections in Beautiful Mourning are pretty natural compared to Toxicity and Ace of Spades. Once learned, Beautiful Mourning is really easy to be consistent on, which can't be said about Toxicity and Ace of Spades. This isn't my personal opinion *per say*, I'm actually pretty consistent with Toxicity and I re-FC'd Ace of Spades 1st try (although truth be told, I got really lucky that run), but I know other people have trouble with the fills in either song much more than they have with Beautiful Mourning, which is the list's goal to begin with: to be a community-based FC breakdown.

ElementOfZero wrote:
arvain wrote:
Some others like Dyer's eve ([personal opinion]OH MY GOD that song has got to be the most overrated song EVER !!! [/personal opinion] ), sound "OMGOMGIMPOSSIBLE" , and when you play, you realize there's nothing outside of those dumb pedals that are not the fastest pedals ever, and these sections are not too long. Length of the song, endurance still needed to grind, and concentration on that weird beat with fast pedals inbetween make it a tough fc, but nothing close to top 3 hardest.

I know you guys are much better than I am, but it kinda worries me that stuff like Toxicity, lifting your elbow on Battery, and the length of ANL is the hardest part of Guitar Hero Metallica.

This is simply a case of different skillsets. It seems you can handle technical stuff quite well, but come short when it comes to endurance/speed, which is the exact opposite of a *lot* of other people's skillsets. I'm not too great with bass blasts myself, and would not have picked War Inside My Head as the second hardest FC in GH:M if I based this list purely on my own experiences when going through the game. Instead, I listened to what other people had to say and switched a lot of songs around to come up with a much more accurate list than anyone alone could make.

Edit:
arvain wrote:
Well, i fc'd DE, haven't fc'd Battery yet. I guess that means something (and i tried again yesterday =/). Again, i can't grind Battery, it's way more stressful for my (special ) limbs !

lolninja
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What rolls are you guys referring to in Battery that are hard? There's only 1 non-standard roll, which are a few galloping snares at the end. Which, DE also has a very similar very chokable (yes, I've done it) one at the end that's harder. The rest in Battery should be assumed that pretty much all given, since it would be the third to last FC. To me it's foolish to call all those RLRL ones "hard" and would be a combo breaker to a player attempting it. Not saying you can't miss them, but remember you're supposed to be taking into account the player's current skill at that level.

I mean I could really argue for the DE two hit rolls that mimic the beginning in the middle of the song being much harder than any roll in Battery, but I know it's assumed that players will hit those.

and to address kinda what both of you said, I've FC'd Battery way back when and still haven't gotten what I consider close to Dyer's Eve. I guess I'm the exception to the rule here, but I'm trying to be objective as possible. I mean, people mediocre at drumming like myself moving up the list I don't see as getting DE first.

Although this is kinda making me wanna stream to FC those two to see if I'll eat my own words...

Also, I excluded WE for the top 3 thing, arvain :P

Quote:
Quote:
I mean Seven is a difficult song, but it's certainly not harder than Disconnected, One Big Holiday, even Superstition

lol ? Wow, Seven isn't the hardest song ever, but nothing on those 3 songs is very hard, or at least not harder. Matter of opinion i guess...

The community seems to think so :P and so do I

arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm, it's true that nothing on Battery is THAT hard or long, but the way those tiny red rolls, followed by (GB) notes, then crossover for the (GY), and the pedals randomly coming between two notes instead of ON the notes [...] are coming one after another That kills me ; and even counting my current skill level at the moment, nothing kills me on DE. Maybe just grinding for over 30 minutes, i start missing in the last section with pedals, or i lose focus on the main beat, but that's all. Even someone with lower skills i think would have more trouble with Battery.

Note : mediocre player ? yeah, you are SO mediocre......

Quote:
Although this is kinda making me wanna stream to FC those two

inb4 someone fc's DE

Quote:

Quote:
The community seems to think so :P and so do I

BOO @ you and the community ! Plus i guess more people tried (and eventually fc'd) Seven because it's one of the best song to play on drums in the game.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with you, 3 drummers currently making this list, is that you are better than average. It's like if I was making my own GH FC breakdown on guitar; TTL would be ranked lower than RYLAH because I can do the strumming EXTREMELY consistently compared to the tapping which is still missable.

The same thing can be said about you on drums; You can do the fast bass parts without much trouble but learning fills/rolls is harder, while for a beginner/average player, both are around the same difficulty.

Creeping Death is MUCH easier than FFWF since FFWF is MUCH more tiring, even if there are basically no rolls. I also feels like MoP and BaT are ovverrated since I can hit the rolls in both songs pretty easily compared to wtf fills in like Stacked actors.

Edit: and no arvain, Battery is much easier than DE. Battery only has one hard fill and the bass last longer in DE. I hit everything in Battery everytime except for the fast bass, the fill and sometime the GG-bass parts. Oh and it's tiring. Less than DE but still...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess I haven't played War Inside My Head before,lol. I merged another chart in my head. I think I'm sticking with it as #2 right now until I practice it as well.

There's a few Metallica ones I haven't done yet either that I'll see if I can FC them to share what I think of them.
-----

and now my kit is dropping so many yellow notes im having trouble even passing a song. great. oh well, looks like im not getting back into drumming until WOR

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battery is ranked way too high, it's much easier than #47.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
The problem with you, 3 drummers currently making this list, is that you are better than average. It's like if I was making my own GH FC breakdown on guitar; TTL would be ranked lower than RYLAH because I can do the strumming EXTREMELY consistently compared to the tapping which is still missable.

Creeping Death is MUCH easier than FFWF since FFWF is MUCH more tiring, even if there are basically no rolls. I also feels like MoP and BaT are ovverrated since I can hit the rolls in both songs pretty easily compared to wtf fills in like Stacked actors.

The same thing can be said about you on drums; You can do the fast bass parts without much trouble but learning fills/rolls is harder, while for a beginner/average player, both are around the same difficulty.

Actually (to my surprise), it seems like average players ARE in fact good at fast/long bass parts, looking at the leaderboards. There are actually more FC's of FFWF than of Creeping Death, Wherever I May Roam and basically any other song I ranked harder. FFWF even has about the same number of FC's as One, so I really can't rank it much harder than where it is right now. Also, don't forget double bass is allowed on regular Expert, making a lot of FC's significantly easier if fast bass is your weakness. I do agree that, for mid-tier drummers, FFWF is a pretty tough FC. I'll move it up a bit.

You're also right in the fact that great drummers aren't the best judge of the low/mid-tier songs. I grew up drumming with GH:WT, so I know pretty much every little detail and difficulty every song has, from easiest to hardest song, and can probably make a really accurate breakdown for it (as far as one person can make an accurate breakdown completely on his own). GH:M on the other hand... Ace of Spades was my 8th FC, so yeah... any opinions from not-so-top drummers are much appreciated!

Quote:
Edit: and no arvain, Battery is much easier than DE. Battery only has one hard fill and the bass last longer in DE. I hit everything in Battery everytime except for the fast bass, the fill and sometime the GG-bass parts. Oh and it's tiring. Less than DE but still...

This is like saying Crazy Train is an easier FC than Everlong, because CT only has a few hard parts and Everlong requires a lot more stamina to FC. I know this isn't a perfect comparison, but I hope you get my point. Both Dyer's Eve and Battery are among the toughest FC's in the game, so you have to assume any player attempting either FC has a pretty good set of skills. And like I said, mediocre drummers aren't neccesarily bad at fast bass, or better at rolls to begin with. Even I have had trouble with the RRRRR R (BG) (BG) fills in Battery when attempting the FC, so what would that mean for any other drummer? Again, don't forget the fact that the use of double bass makes Dyer's Eve a MUCH easier FC than it's generally regarded.

Sulfurus wrote:
Battery is ranked way too high, it's much easier than #47.

Says the guy who can't FC Toxicity and Blood and Thunder . Different skillsets are, yet proven again, really hard to incorporate in any FC breakdown. As I said before, GH:M would've been the easiest FGFC if it weren't for War Ensemble. The fact that Battery is ranked as 3rd hardest doesn't mean it's actually *that* hard. Personally, I'm a lot more consistent with Blood and Thunder than Battery, and All Nightmare Long gave me less trouble as well. You might argue about Dyer's Eve, but Battery really isn't easier than any of the tier 8 songs.

Edit:

I decided to switch Battery and ANL. Both have fast bass parts, but the large number of (cymbal) rolls, the two double stroke fills and the length of ANL look like they make for a harder FC than Battery.
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:

I disagree : Warlord DID say that he was looking at the amount of fcs, and asking other people BEFORE posting this breakdown. And same for me : i'd personally move some stuff around, if i were only looking at my own experience. And TTL is way easier for me too. It would be around #40 in MY breakdown, but if i do a breakdown (lol i won't), i'd still put it around 55-60. So yeah, being "better than average" = doesn't matter in that case. On the other hand, it helps to know what's impossible because you suck / what's impossible because it IS impossible.

Quote:
I also feels like MoP and BaT are ovverrated since I can hit the rolls in both songs pretty easily compared to wtf fills in like Stacked actors.

someone else here is speaking from his own experience but is just better than average at fast rolls

Quote:
Edit: and no arvain, Battery is much easier than DE.

1) there's no "no arvain". There's "i don't think so" / "i disagree" / "not for me"
2) again,
arvain wrote:
it's more like a "what fc you'll get first" , than a "which one is harder"

3)
WarlordTm wrote:
This is like saying Crazy Train is an easier FC than Everlong, because CT only has a few hard parts and Everlong requires a lot more stamina to FC.

Note : for anyone average-good who's looking at the breakdown and trying fcs in that order, i STILL think he wouldn't get B&T but could get Battery .___.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think Crazy Train is easier than Everlong. :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: