ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
8/24/10 GH5 DLC Megadeth Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clinik  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what downloadable content should be. 'nuff said.
stevieblaze  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this today, didn't know that it just came out! some very tricky sections in all songs, especially Peace Sells and Hangar 18. Bigger riff is a fucking nightmare, haven't passed yet because of it...
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I just stupid, or are the bass kicks at the end of Peace Sells on Expert broken?

I've never had a problem like this before, I've even passed the song on Rock Band. But I can't hit any of those kicks for some reason..?

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
Am I just stupid, or are the bass kicks at the end of Peace Sells on Expert broken?

I've never had a problem like this before, I've even passed the song on Rock Band. But I can't hit any of those kicks for some reason..?

You are aware of GH5's Expert+ glitch, aren't you? (If you're playing on Band Hero, i'm going to feel like an idiot.)

But that said, I might have to check these out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I definitely failed Hangar 18 sightread. Now that was a good feeling! It's nice to fail on an engine I can genuinely do well on. Then I feel much more accomplished when I do pass. Feels even better to know some of ScoreHero failed, too.

Great songs and charts, some major nostalgia there.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Garwood  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sight Read FCed Symphony of Destruction.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the only one who failed Hangar 18 then, phew.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these songs look epic! Gonna get this pack in a few minutes, soon as I get some points. I'm really hoping I don't fail Hangar 18...it doesn't look THAT hard...haha...haha...ha...

My accomplishments
Goals
Get 10 FC's on each Guitar Hero game I own
[]GH1 (1) []GH2 (2) []GH80's (2) [x]GH3 (23) []GHA (8) [x]GHWT (25) []GHM (9) [x]GHSH (11) [x]GH5 (45) [x]GHVH (12)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ripley 92
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripley92 wrote:
All these songs look epic! Gonna get this pack in a few minutes, soon as I get some points. I'm really hoping I don't fail Hangar 18...it doesn't look THAT hard...haha...haha...ha...

I never expected to fail either, but those HOPO chord slides are brutal. Takes a few to figure out the best way to play them and by then I was just scraping by and still failed from not being able to earn up starpower.
Ripley92  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played the song myself, and IMO they weren't really too bad. I just slid my fingers down a note each instead of trying to switch from 13 to 24 like a lot of people probably tried. Yes transitioning from third position to second after each switch was hard, but not too bad. I myself never hit red.

They did catch me off guard though, and it'll be a fair while (read: a day or so) before someone FC's it.

My accomplishments
Goals
Get 10 FC's on each Guitar Hero game I own
[]GH1 (1) []GH2 (2) []GH80's (2) [x]GH3 (23) []GHA (8) [x]GHWT (25) []GHM (9) [x]GHSH (11) [x]GH5 (45) [x]GHVH (12)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ripley 92
TheMouldyCheese  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played Hanger 18, that section which i assume people are calling "The Bigger Riff" was a bit tricky, but luckily i knew this was coming and saved my starpower

I actually hit 57% on Riff 4 my hand could not physically keep moving haha.

Good DLC, its nice to have a challenging song on gh5 now haha

/big headedness.

Passed 1st time though which I was surprised about after seeing people on here failing out 1st go

EDIT - I was also handicapped with a sticky green button

If youre on facebook and love themouldycheese, become a fan:
http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/TheMouldyCheese/112905900409
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bizarre to me that people are failing Hangar 18 because of that riff, considering that I'm on about the same skill level as most of you.

I couldn't hit all of it so I just decided to hit every RB but skip every YO chord. The few times I did try to hit the YO chords, I completely missed the rest of the riff, but if I just skipped the YO chords, I hit everything else flawlessly. I never even went into the yellow with this strategy.

I still think it's poorly charted though. I know the charters wanted to make the chart different from the other H18 charts we've seen, but that feels like artificial difficulty and completely destroys the fun factor of that song for me.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
EfJay  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:

I still think it's poorly charted though. I know the charters wanted to make the chart different from the other H18 charts we've seen, but that feels like artificial difficulty and completely destroys the fun factor of that song for me.

I said it before but I'll say it again...

You just have to slide from the RB to the YO like you would do on a real guitar.
It is not for artificial difficulty or to be eccentric, the goal was to have people do it like the guys in Megadeth do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaB3eRB8Vs#t=3m40s

The fact that it's hard to hit for you doesn't mean it is wrong or poorly charted, it just means you're not approaching it the right way!

Some people complain all the time because it's not "guitar like" and when you give them "guitar like"...well, they still complain...
Yveul  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
Some people complain all the time because it's not "guitar like" and when you give them "guitar like"...well, they still complain...

As hard as these chords are, they are what makes this chart unique. I personally don't care if they are "Guitar Like", it's a [dirty word] video game, and new kinds of charts are always welcomed.

Just try to satisfy the more people you can, but don't focus on satisfying everyone : I bet no one can do this miracle.

Last edited by Yveul on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
BigSnatch wrote:

I said it before but I'll say it again...

You just have to slide from the RB to the YO like you would do on a real guitar.
It is not for artificial difficulty or to be eccentric, the goal was to have people do it like the guys in Megadeth do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaB3eRB8Vs#t=3m40s

The fact that it's hard to hit for you doesn't mean it is wrong or poorly charted, it just means you're not approaching it the right way!

Fine, I'll rephrase my wording -I don't find it fun.

The rest of the chart is fun for me, but that part just feels out of place.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: