ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Davers Zelda Quest :: Zelda Outlands Quest 1 Finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely add OOT master quest onto that list if you can manage to get your hands on it. OOT is such a good game it's worth being played every way possible :P

Although some of the dungeons on master quest seemed easier to me, (Like water temple/shadow temple iirc) but it's still deserves to be counted as it's own game in a list of completion imo.

I still need to beat zelda 2 and the oracle games :/ well, and phantom hourglass (I'm almost done) and spirit tracks (got bored after two levels)

Have fun with majora's mask. The levels and game progression might not be nearly as fun as OOT (only 4, and to make up for smaller number of them, they make 3rd and 4th levels stupidly, frustratingly hard) . But the different areas and all the side quests and stuff are better than OOT's which make it really cool.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the 3DS version of OoT will include Master Quest, in addition to the improved graphics... dunno if that's true, but if it's not, feel free to correct me on that lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t w00t! Just got the final piece of the triforce! On to Death Mountain! This didn't take me near as long as I figured it would. Quest 2 will be a pain though

EDIT: Finished the first quest! I'll be adding a picture of the ending of each game in the OP to document my completion. However, I will not have one for Phantom Hourglass since that was a while back and I have no plans to replay that game. So I might just find some generic ending photo and insert there.

Zelda 1, Quest 1:

Zelda 2 (taken with my camera phone):
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to dungeon 6 in Quest 2. Looks like I'm going to have to go back to dungeon 5 to pick up a key since I need one for the new dungeon and it doesn't give you one Annoying to say the least.

Also, there is NO WAY anyone would be able to beat the 2nd quest without a map. The dungeons are just too well hidden. Plus items like the Raft are near impossible to find. Seriously, to get the Raft in the 4th dungeon (which is needed to get to the 5th dungeon), is in a secret room above the room with the triforce piece in it. Seriously, how would ANYONE figure that out? Most people are like, "YES. Another triforce piece," grab it and go. But here, you have to go behind the piece and go through a one way wall, defeat some darknuts, go to the next room, defeat 3 dodongos (if you have at least 6 bombs), and then go to the final room where you have to beat blue darknuts and those bunny looking things in a room filled with blocks! Aaaaaargh! Seriously a freakin' nightmare. I guess maps up to dungeon 6 were given out with Nintendo Power mags but still nothing for dungeon 7, 8, or 9.

Nintendo really outdid themselves on this game. lol
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I guess maps up to dungeon 6 were given out with Nintendo Power mags but still nothing for dungeon 7, 8, or 9.

If you need any maps for the second quest, you can go here. It's in French, but it shouldn't be very hard to deal with. Maps for the second quest are under that "-Seconde quête" line, the first one is the Outside World map (Monde extérieur) and then you have the maps for dungeons 1 through 9.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on beating the 2nd Quest when I found out that there were 1-way walls, and walls you had to walk through... at all! Even worse, I seem to remember that one of the dungeons could only be accessed by going to an obscure part of the world, then walk into the top of the screen... how would anyone find that out?! It's as bad as Milon's Secret Castle, or Simon's Quest... though not as bad as, say, Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's Revenge, you know, before Spoony found out how it worked lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Davers wrote:
I guess maps up to dungeon 6 were given out with Nintendo Power mags but still nothing for dungeon 7, 8, or 9.

If you need any maps for the second quest, you can go here. It's in French, but it shouldn't be very hard to deal with. Maps for the second quest are under that "-Seconde quête" line, the first one is the Outside World map (Monde extérieur) and then you have the maps for dungeons 1 through 9.

Thanks for the link but I've been using the maps for the 2nd quest from here

http://www.nesmaps.com/maps/Zelda/Zelda.html

Proven to be extremely helpful. I made it to dungeon 4 without maps but couldn't find the hidden item anywhere and had to look it up. Lo and behold, it's in the triforce room. No one would ever even think that. It's the only dungeon that has another room accessible from the triforce room.

Qarx wrote:
Yeah, I pretty much gave up on beating the 2nd Quest when I found out that there were 1-way walls, and walls you had to walk through... at all! Even worse, I seem to remember that one of the dungeons could only be accessed by going to an obscure part of the world, then walk into the top of the screen... how would anyone find that out?! It's as bad as Milon's Secret Castle, or Simon's Quest... though not as bad as, say, Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's Revenge, you know, before Spoony found out how it worked lol.

Yeah, MSC and C2:SQ are stupid when it comes to obscure tactics. lol I think I only got to like dungeon 3 when I first tried to beat the 2nd quest a while back. More determined this time around especially since I'm using maps. Dungeon 7, 8, and 9 are RIDICULOUSLY well hidden. Seriously, there is no way anyone could possibly find dungeon 8 without a guide or map. You have to use the stepladder on the river and blow a hole in a random spot on the mountainside. Seriously, who would EVER think to do that. That would be the last place I would ever try and it would have to be out of pure frustration from trying to blow up every other tile block on the map. lol

Dungeon 7 would just take a lot of patience once you figured out that the recorder opens up hidden staircases on the overworld. You'd eventually just go screen to screen trying it out until you found it. Dungeon 9 actually has a hint in like dungeon 4 I think. Something about the direction the arrow is pointing. The arrow is located on Death Mountain. If you follow it all the way to the edge of the world map and blow a hole, you'll find the 9th level.

Also, if you are looking at an overworld map, dungeon 8 is located directly below the point of the arrow. Still, noone would ever figure that out since they wouldn't have a map to begin with. lol

In conclusion, I'm in Dungeon 8 I'll probably try and finish this all up tomorrow night if I can.
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Finally! Feels so good to have beaten the first Zelda I just finished Dungeon 9 and got the ending on video which I'm uploading now (hopefully). So excited to have gotten this one done. Didn't take me near as long as I thought it would. The maps really helped me out. I figured out Dungeon 8 with no maps though! Figured out most of Dungeon 9 as well but got stuck and had to resort to looking up the map for it. Anyways, feels good to get this one done. So happy!

VID UP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbXZ6ef2cA

Now to finish up Zelda: A Link to the Past for the umpteenth million time. lol
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Zeldas at once!
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From OP:

At the end of Oracle of Seasons. This game is pretty tough to find all the secrets in. I still haven't found everything such as rings and heartpieces. Having to switch between the four seasons constantly makes it really hard to find everything Anyways, at the very end. Got to Onox's dragon form and died, so I'm calling it a night. Will finish it up tomorrow and then start on OoA which I remember really liking. After that, I'm not too sure. Maybe Link's Awakening or Majora's Mask (which I've already started and haven't played in a while....).
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Onox "General of Darkness", especially in his second form, was harder to beat than Veran "Sorceress of Shadows", particularly in how you have to fight him in that weird side-scrolling type of room, and you have to use the Roc's Cape all the time. When I was a kid, I couldn't beat him unless I had a Magic Potion with me .

Now that I think about it, he's kind of like Rudy, that clown from Wario Land 3, isn't he?

You fight them pretty much the same way, except in Wario Land, you pick up the hands after stunning them, and throw them at his face... oh, yeah, and Rudy doesn't breathe fire XD.

My Backloggery
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Onox's dragon form was annoying. It took me a few tries with a potion and I still almost died in the end (had a heart and a half left). I almost always got hit trying to jump on his hands. At least I had the red ring with the Noble Sword which does twice the damage. It took like 5 or 6 hits. Without it, it would have taken 10-12

Anyways, here's my crappy proof picture. lol Sorry it's nothing more fancy. I should have taken a pic when I was talking to Din after I beat Onox. Would have made for a cooler picture.

@Qarx: I never played Wario Land 3 but from the sounds of it, it looks/sounds alot like Onox. I've only played the first Wario Land (SML3) which was AWESOME.

Also, do you guys think it would be alright if I just did Link's Awakening DX instead of the original LA? There are very few minor changes and the only real difference is that there is an extra dungeon in DX. I don't want to have to complete the game twice for both versions. But I want to know your guys' opinions on the matter.
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do DX, and do the extra dungeon! I think it gives you either more power or more defense, depending on your choice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

Also, do you guys think it would be alright if I just did Link's Awakening DX instead of the original LA? There are very few minor changes and the only real difference is that there is an extra dungeon in DX. I don't want to have to complete the game twice for both versions. But I want to know your guys' opinions on the matter.

From what I've heard/seen, there is a difference that the original has a glitch where you can warp to the other side of the screen by pausing while walking to the next room. I've never done the glitch on the original, but I definitely couldn't on the DX version .

@Mr.Scientist:

I didn't know that version had an extra dungeon . I guess the choice is clear, huh?

My Backloggery
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
@Mr.Scientist:

I didn't know that version had an extra dungeon . I guess the choice is clear, huh?

Yup. It's an optional dungeon, called the Color Dungeon, or something like that. When you complete it, you can either choose the red tunic, for more attack power, or the blue one, for better defense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: