ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Davers Zelda Quest :: Zelda Outlands Quest 1 Finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Scientist wrote:
Qarx wrote:
@Mr.Scientist:

I didn't know that version had an extra dungeon . I guess the choice is clear, huh?

Yup. It's an optional dungeon, called the Color Dungeon, or something like that. When you complete it, you can either choose the red tunic, for more attack power, or the blue one, for better defense.

This. I've beat both versions at one point. I know this game forwards and backwards and have beat it on multiple occasions. However, I only beat the DX version once and I did finish the Color Dungeon and I think I took the red tunic. lol Not too hard and I can't even remember if there were any other changes (even though I'm sure there are a few I don't know about). Anyhow, the gameplay is all the same.

I've never heard about that glitch before. I certainly never ran into it. I did however drop my gameboy one time and it messed up my saved game. I was stuck on dungeon 2 for the longest time and after I dropped the game, I restarted at dungeon 2 but had the hookshot and the organ (which is the instrument from dungeon 7). lol But there were so many graphical errors that I had to erase the save file and start new which somehow fixed the graphics. Pretty cool that I got to see what the 7th instrument was WAY ahead of time

And I've started on Oracle of Ages. I remember this being a fun game and so far it is Just got passed dungeon 2. I'll probably play up through the 3rd dungeon and call it a night.
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From OP:

Finished off Oracle of Ages tonight! This one was alot more fun than seasons but not as hard. The end boss is actually pretty easy once you figure out what to do. However, since I beat Seasons first and linked my game at the beginning of Ages, you go from fighting Veran straight into fighting Twinrova who is freakin' tough. They do fill up your hearts at the beginning of the battle, and good thing too because I had only a few hearts left after the other battle. But Twinrova has two forms and the 2nd one is pretty hard. I ended up beating her and it throws you straight into another battle but this time with Ganon who is hard but easier than Twinrova. Made it really hard for me because I only had one heart and they don't fill them back up for Ganon (no potions during any of these fights either because I didn't buy any). Didn't take too long to beat him but if you die, you have to fight Twinrova all over again so I ended up using a save state after Twinrova (with one heart) to save me the hassle of having to keep going back. Yeah, call me a cheater lol Proof pics down below!

Link's Awakening next Also, after beating both games, you get this picture which clearly leads into Link's Awakening:

Oracle of Ages Proof:

Picture you get from beating both games in a linked game:

Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From OP:

Yeah, that was really quick. I know the game frontwards and back though (was the first game we got with the original Gameboy back in the day). Got all upgrades and hearts, and since it was the DX version, I beat the Color Dungeon. I went with the red tunic first for an offense upgrade, but after I got the L-2 sword (which is the same offensive power I believe), I went back an got the blue tunic for a defense upgrade. So 100% of the game in less than 2 days was it??

Now onto the last Gameboy game I can play at the moment - Minish Cap. I played and beat this game when it first came out and then sold it off. I really don't remember much from it so it will be like playing it new all over again The only other Gameboy game left after that will be Spirit Tracks. Blah.

One last thing, the music for Link's Awakening is awesome. I especially loved Manbo's Mambo =] The over-world music, especially on the mountains, was really good too. I like it when they change things up like that.

vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching your thread has inspired me to play the entire series too. Well at least the ones i can play through. I started with oracle of seasons since it is one of my favorites. i never played ages before so that should be fun since i love seasons. Unfortunately i wont be able to play the n64 zeldas or windwaker for now since i dont have a working gamecube controller for now. Also 4 swords and 4 swords adventures are out.

I have just finished dungeon 3 on seasons. Also since i still own both, i am playing through seasons on gameboy color. ahh nostalgia.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
watching your thread has inspired me to play the entire series too. Well at least the ones i can play through. I started with oracle of seasons since it is one of my favorites. i never played ages before so that should be fun since i love seasons. Unfortunately i wont be able to play the n64 zeldas or windwaker for now since i dont have a working gamecube controller for now. Also 4 swords and 4 swords adventures are out.

I have just finished dungeon 3 on seasons. Also since i still own both, i am playing through seasons on gameboy color. ahh nostalgia.

A funny feature Seasons and Ages have is that they have a way of recognizing if you're playing on a Game Boy Advance. A shop called "The Advance Shop" opens up, with characters marveling at how amazing the Game Boy Advance is. There's 3 items for sale: 2 seed rings (the one on the left is ALWAYS an Advance Ring, which does nothing even when worn), and a Gasha Seed.

So, if you still have a GBA, then it's a good time to see that Easter Egg lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:

Glad I could inspire you to play some awesome games I found both Ages and Seasons to be fun but more so on Ages. That might just be me though. Seasons had SO MUCH going back and forth between the seasons. At least with Ages, you only have two periods of time you can go between making it less tedious. However, if you plan on playing both, be prepared to fight two extra battles at the end of the second game (which looks to be Ages in your case)! That is if you decide to link your games which would only make sense if you truly want to beat the games

As for 4 Swords, I will re-beat the GC version. As for the smaller GBA version, I've beaten it with 3 other friends (roadtrip!) and don't really have any plans on re-doing that one. Especially since it was more of a mini-Zelda game than anything.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually beaten twinrova and ganon in the past on seasons of course. You dont need ages to get the code, just an internet connection.

I remember i had gotten everything in the game except for all of the rings. iirc some of them required linking the 2 games together physically just to get.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Minish Cap today I really took my time on it. Basically only playing 30 minutes at a time. Plus I moved to a new apartment, so my playing time really became thin. But yeah, fun game. Very underrated IMO. The puzzles in this game are a lot harder than anything in the Oracle games before it. Plus having to find all 45 heart pieces (yes, 45) was a PAIN. I didn't even get two of them even though I knew where they were. Not sure what's going to be next at this time.

sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on Minish Cap. I never bought that one and I have looked forever to try and pick it up with zero luck.

What do you use to get such great picks from your GBA/DS/whatever it is you are using

I copied your idea into playing through the Final Fantasy series (cause I have most of it and have never finished most of them), and I wanted to get vid's and screenshots of the final battle's. I can use a vid camera but your looks awesome.

Kepp up the great work

suker
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for the Gameboy games, I play on an emulator. For the other games, I have a capture card and will either take a pic or vid with it. But yeah, for the Gameboy games I just use a 'prt sc' snap shot The emulator I use also has a record feature but it causes it to crash, most likely due to the fact that I have a netbook that can't handle it.

I really wish I had the games in hand. That would be so awesome. I did at one point and time but not now. They've long been sold off. I do not use save states though. The only time I use them is when I'm actually saving the game using the in game save. That's when I also use a save state. I just find it easier to hit F1 to restart where I left off rather than wait for the menu screen to pop up and clicking on my game. Saves me like 1.5 seconds of waiting. lol Plus for some reason, this emulator doesn't always save my game using the in game save feature, so I always back it up with a save state for good measure.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I did beat Minish Cap without dying. Isn't too hard really. I didn't even have to use any fairies even though I did have a few in some bottles. I went into the last battle with all 4 bottles full of red potion and I ended up using all 4 potions But it at least kept me from dying.
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting on Four Swords Adventure for the Gamecube! I tried starting MM back up, but to no avail. I have no desire to play it and I'm not sure why Anyways, I'll be working on Four Swords and then possibly WW or TP. LTTP is finished, it's just a matter of me uploading my proof video someday.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate. There are times where I don't feel like playing certain games, even my favorites. Other times, I feel like playing games I don't like very much .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four Swords Adventures should be easy for you, though there are some fairly obscure puzzles, and the second-to-last level is just dumb, in my opinion (you'll probably see why when you get there). I like the game, though not as much as most other Zeldas.

And I know what you mean by that whole "Not into playing it right now" mood. There's a bunch of games I've purchased but shelved after a few hours with no discernible reason. Even though I enjoy playing them, I'm never actually in the mood to play.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've beaten it before but that was back when it came out. I remember little to nothing about the game so it's like playing a whole new Zelda game again I do remember enjoying the gameplay though. I mean, I'm not a huge fan but I like the LTTP look on everything. I'm sure 2 or more players is pretty fun and makes the game much more awesome.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with zelda games is although almost all them are amazing, many of them are either very similar or exactly the same with a few differences or a lightly different story. I usually can only stand playing the same series for a tiny bit, then have to put that series on rest fro a while in order to have fun playing it again. Its like this for me with: Zelda, Mario, Megaman, Call of duty, Guitar Hero/Rock band, and pretty much anything else where separate titles have a lot in common.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: