ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Preview and Impressions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overwin  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Wow people really don't want to play the game...

I heard from a semi-reliable source that everything is unlocked when you play online no matter what.

It's not that, but most of the times locked songs will be... well, locked because the ones organizing the tourneys don't really care about what songs are available.

Even then, FotS or BWolP would kill most players in tourneys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theherofeed.com/434/dave-mustaine-plays-sudden-death-on-a-plastic-guitar/

Video posted
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the bass notes look on drums. Hopefully there a little more distinct this time around.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
How do the bass notes look on drums. Hopefully there a little more distinct this time around.

*looks at bass notes on GH5*

Looook fine to me.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
opiumtest5  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a handful of sites say that its going to be released on pc too
is this true?
iammax  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does QP+ work in regards to scoring?

Is it possible to play a song old-style and just get a regular ol' score and out of 5 stars?

I wonder how this site will handle it, if not.

Either way, it's looking pretty cool from your descriptions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Quickplay regular is where you get your regular old scores.

Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iammax wrote:
How does QP+ work in regards to scoring?

Is it possible to play a song old-style and just get a regular ol' score and out of 5 stars?

I wonder how this site will handle it, if not.

Either way, it's looking pretty cool from your descriptions.

Warheim wrote:
I think Quickplay regular is where you get your regular old scores.

There is no 'quickplay regular', the only option in the menu is 'Quickplay+'. However the default behaviour of quickplay is to play the song 'regular' as you guys are suggesting.

From what I saw here is how it works (my memory is not perfect so it may have slight errors in minor details): main menu, pick quickplay+. Then it takes you to a GH5-like pick you band screen where you sign in your isntruments, select your characters, options/extras, venue, etc. Then you go to the song select screen, which is basically a big list similar to GH5 (slightly redone in ways i cant quite recall exactly - it shows category headers for the tiers based on what criteria you are sorting by). If you select a song you have various options: play song, view challenges, add to playlist, random song, and probably a few others im forgetting (there was one to change the interface options like sorting,and one for playlist management). I have no idea why random song/playlist management/interface options are after you pick a song - (in order to play like a 5 song random playlist you have to first go to a song, go to select it and then pick random playlist which confused the heck out of me the first time i went to do it).

Anyways if you pick 'play song' then you immmediately start a quickplay of it. All challenges are active but you wont see progress, other htan the awards medals for each. If you pick challenges then if brings up a scrollable list of all the challenges for that song, and your current progress on them. You can scroll down to see you detailed performance on each aspect (for ex: how many seconds of whammy sustain you got, etc). From there you can then back out of the challenge screen to play song or add it to your playlist, but alternately if you want you can go to a specific challenge and select to play that song with that challenge as the 'target'. The song gets loaded up and you see the usual challenge interface like from GH5 showing your progress on that one challenge. I am 90% sure that in this mode the other challenges are still active in the background, they just will pop up the medal only as they are awarded, just like when you play with the song with no challenge target.

All of the above plays are with regular rules. If you want to play the song with unlocked powers, one of the challenges (the top one) is always 'Power Challenge'. It would not let me select this challenge because i had no powers unlocked on the station i was playing quickplay on (and i forgot to check it later on the station that we were going through quest on), but presumably when you select that challenge from the challenges screen it then takes you to some interface that lets you pick your two powers and then plays the song. Since it is its own challenge, i assume the power challenge for a given song has its own leaderboard, just like any other challenge does, though with the extra caveat that unlike the other challenges it probably disables you form the main leaderboard of the song (for obvious reasons).

All in all, the mode is called 'quickplay+', but really for all practical purposes the average SH user can jsut think of it as the 'quickplay' for the game. im sure the '+' is just there to highlight that you have essentially a hugely expanded challenges section that essentially subsumes all of quickplay and career mode in GH5, rather then just a 'bare-bones' quickplay of all previous titles.
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo, did you notice if the tick glitch was still present?

I sent you a PM about some odd tick behavior in Guitar Hero 5 back in April:
Barfo wrote:
Graf wrote:
Do you know anything about the GH5 tick glitch? I am trying to get 1337 scores, and I am told that sustains behave weird in the game sometimes. In Ring of Fire, All The Pretty Faces, and No One To Depend On (Live), I found that I kept getting even numbers off the sustains, no matter when I let go or what multiplier I had. I couldn't get an odd number for the mod50, let alone 37 or 87. Any ideas?

Yeah this is well known to me, since when i first started playing GH3. All neversoft engine games have this on guitar/bass (GH3, GHA, GHWT, GHM, GHVH, GH5, BH). Ive mentioned it all over the place in various threads, etc, but i guess people never see it, cause every few months or so somebody PMs me about it (not a criticism of you, its just funny). Its slightly different than what people talk about in terms of 'tick glitch'. since that is related to how this stuff interacts with star power running out, but they pretty much are caused by a common strangeness in how the engine handles sustains in the middle of them.

What happens here is that when you release a sustain in the middle, it does not necessarily give you an equal chance to get any tick you want. It depends a lot on the BPM of the song. Particularly for low and medium BPM songs (id say anything under 120bpm pretty much for sure), (all three of the ones you mentioned fall into this category) it is flatly impossible to ever drop a sustain and get anything other than an even number of ticks. What i believe happens is that when you drop the sustain, it rounds up to the nearest even number of ticks (its also very hard to get 0 points off holds unless you hit and release early). If you hold out a sustain all the way, then you can get an odd number of ticks (only if the hold itself is worth odd number of ticks of course). Generally, when going for exact score you need to match up odd/even first by holding out holds all the way, before trying to match the mod50 by dropping holds.

When BPM gets higher, for medium to medium fast songs(~50% of songs or so, is say about 140ish to 200ish bpm), you will tend to usually get even numbers out (especially 2 if you release fast), but you will also sometimes get odd ones (increasing in frequency as BPM goes up). Based on my non-scientific observations, it tends to be farily reproducible (for nay given specific hold in the song), ie on a given hold you will probably only be able ot get certain tick values out (like say 2,5,7,10,..etc), but its basically esentially random from the player perspective (since you wont in a real run have info to that level of of specificity the 50-200+ holds in the song). Just watch out for medium fast songs where you will get the right mod2, and then hit 5-9 in a row all evenm and then get one tick value that takes you off the correct mod2, and have to start again holding them out (this can really run up the score).

On very fast BPM songs (<5% of songs say, and anytime its well into the 200's in bpm) it can be very very tough to even get 2 ticks off a hold, and you will get essentially what starts to approach a 50-50 split of odd/even number of ticks for a quickly dropped hold.

hope that helps.

I was just curious, did you happen to notice if this was still occurring in GH:WoR? I want to know if it will be possible to achieve, say, a full setlist 1337

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Barfo, did you notice if the tick glitch was still present?

I sent you a PM about some odd tick behavior in Guitar Hero 5 back in April:

I was just curious, did you happen to notice if this was still occurring in GH:WoR? I want to know if it will be possible to achieve, say, a full setlist 1337

Yeah, at this point, I don't think of it as a glitch, I more sort of think of it as a basic feature of the engine. But yeah, at least on Machinehead (relatively low BPM song) it behaved exactly as i would expect it to for a neversoft engine game.

The particular tick behaviour in dropping holds is sort of neutral in terms of possibility of a full 1337 list, as it is doable both with HMX-like behaviour (GH80s) and NSFT-like behaviour (GH3). nsft engine makes lower BPM songs easier (because it becomes effectively only 25 states rather than 50), tougher for middle BPM songs (random odd sustain points in a stream of evens can throw you way off), and not a factor on very high BPM songs (generally the hardest in either case). I wont be getting it on GH6 though (on expert at least), simply due to there are probably a bunch of songs that i cannot score that much on (looking at you demigod songs).
DrBeat  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I cant feel so special anymore that I'm one of the only X+s using stock drums. Your all getting the same set as me now!
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

HYPERSPEED CAN BE ADJUSTED IN PARTY PLAY MODE!

This is the greatest news ever. Party play was something I was looking so forward to in GH5 and it was ruined for me due to no hyperspeed.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
toymachine wrote:

This is the greatest news ever. Party play was something I was looking so forward to in GH5 and it was ruined for me due to no hyperspeed.

Just to clarify in Guitar Hero 5 if your quick play settings have hyperspeed on then you will have Hyperspeed in Party Play.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
gitarzann wrote:
toymachine wrote:

Just to clarify in Guitar Hero 5 if your quick play settings have hyperspeed on then you will have Hyperspeed in Party Play.

and i confirm this. we were playing in PP last week-end with people having never played GH, and my QP settings were HS5. we started to play and i notice that the notes were hella fast for Easy. i instantly thought about my HS5, so i went back to quickplay, turned HS off and voila ! people were now able to stay in green.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody please list all the carachter powers and what they do its the only thing im curious about in quest mode

The first official announcement for Rock Band 3 will reveal that the game will have a brand new physics engine, which will only be used for breast physics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: