ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A Method to Reliably Obtain Exact Scores (v1.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAW333  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about half of this, and my brain exploaded, very nice. but ill nevr understand it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 283582686690

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAW333 wrote:
I read about half of this, and my brain exploaded, very nice. but ill nevr understand it

You said that wrong. It's "YOUR HEAD A SPLODE".

I never realized how much work is actually needed to get those 4-star and 5-star cutoff points. Although, strangely enough, my score for Bang Your Head is exactly 246000 (and I wasn't intentionally trying for that.)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Guitar-God  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is sooo cool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really interested in getting into proofing for GH3 360. So, first I really appreciate this guide Barfo, it is invaluable.

I was wondering two things, first do the base scores need to be found for the songs? (I don't see any base scores up right now in the cutoffs section)

And second, do the pics need to be submitted to anyone in particular? Or do they just need to be looked at in the general song submission area?

I appologize for the Nubness of the 2nd ? in particular, but I figured this would be the easiest place to get it answered quickly.

GD:RB brought be back, RB3 will keep me

Bass FCs: RB 55/58, RB2 71/84, DLC 22/lol++(of over 300 DLC FCs only 22 scores were still posted...wtf!), AC/DC(X) 0/18, LRB(X) 18/45, GD:RB 10/43
Barfo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duce1621 wrote:
I was wondering two things, first do the base scores need to be found for the songs? (I don't see any base scores up right now in the cutoffs section)

And second, do the pics need to be submitted to anyone in particular? Or do they just need to be looked at in the general song submission area?

Yeah that second is a nub question, but so few people post into this thread i dont mind handling it. The sticky thread witht he info on the site mechanics of cutoffs submissions, etc is in this thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49&start=0 .

in terms of the first, because the base score is related tot he 4* and 5* by a formula, once you know any of them, you can calculate all three using the maths. In game, there is no way to confirm directly that a score is an exact base score (and in GH2 theres a few cases where the true gameplay base score is different form the base score used for cutoff calculations because of rounding issues between the formula for cutoffs and the actual game engine scoring), so the only types of submissions SH takes are 4* and 5* cutoffs (because these are the ones where the game displays to you that you got them by showing a larger star rating).
bobo123  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post, should have read it before messing with it on my own :P
Shiznat  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo, you are uber-cool. This guide has helped me prove several scores, with hopefully more to come.
bananaman300  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg all i want to know is how to get the last 2 digits right, i know everything else. where is it!?

Twitter:
@blargg56
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananaman300 wrote:
omg all i want to know is how to get the last 2 digits right, i know everything else. where is it!?

First post of the thread, section III. You need sections IV, V, and VI to finish a song legitimately with an exact score, though, whereas is you are using no fail cheat (GH3, cheesy method) then you dont even really need most of section III.
Erodyne  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo, I'm glad you know how to do this lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
djkest  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My less scientific crappy approach is this: figure out what score I want to get (usually going for 5-star cutoff). Then when I play I don't let any of my note-streaks get over 50, which keeps me pretty close. I also refrain from star power unless I mess up. I get within about 5k points of my desired score and then stop playing. Then I wait until I'm almost dead, and start playing again, breaking note-streaks when necessary, and keeping my rock meter up enough to not fail at the end, when I'll have stopped playing again
Beat hard! [ ]
skys0r3  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm thats cool and all im sorry for saying this....but WHY WOULD YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS???? seems like an udderly waste of time and is only successful if you do it 100%

FC Knights of Cydonia [XXXXXX]
700K TTFAF [660K]
top 10 [23]
FC Nothing for Me Here []
FC Impulse [X]
FC 6th Tier []
Do well in Season 8 AAA League []
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skys0r3 wrote:
umm thats cool and all im sorry for saying this....but WHY WOULD YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS???? seems like an udderly waste of time and is only successful if you do it 100%

There are basically two reasons, and one clarifying addendum at the end:

1. its what brought people extended star ratings on GH2 (and GH80s) in a timely (enough) fashion. Without this method, you would not be able to as easily or precisely see if you got your first 8-star on parasite (and by how much), or easily count the total number of sightread 7-stars (or 6-stars) on GH80s, unless you carefulyl wrote down the multiplier on every song. And, (using the nascent forms of this method), it was me who demostrated first that the average multiplier for 5-star was different between GH2 and GH1, so in some ways this sort of thing was essential to even having extended ratings for GH2 (though eventually even without me that would have been proven fast enough). I think helping out the comminity is a pretty cool thing to do, and im glad to be able to have put in all that work, and more glad that i was able to codify my method and contribute to other's beign able to help the community. Its far from done, (or even at a point where i can make sense of my interim data), but right now im 'utterly wasting' my time trying to work out good ways to get exact scores in rock Band in order to demystify the star system there, and hopefully that will result in a lot of added info to the community, which (along witht he sheer fun of it) is why im doing it.

2. Its no more a waste of time to go for and exact score than playing any GH is. GH (and video games in general) are about achievement, and i dont agree that non-traditional or self-created goals are any less (or more) inherently valuable than the obvious, developer-supplied ones. It seems to me that either you find that all guitar hero playign is a waste of time and takes away from higher pursuits or whatever, or you should figure that all guitar hero playing is time well spent, if the person so playign it is having a fun time and setting and meeting goals, however ambitious or modest those goals are. I have friends who are not that great at guitar hero, and their goal is jsut to pass the career mode of hard, is that a 'waste' of time just because so many people are super awesome at the game or their scores will be not so great when its finially done. I looked at the high state of play at the top of the expert charts and i realized that i would never ever really be able to dominate the charts there, or to get the first FC on some really tough song etc, no matter how hard i practiced. I mean heck it took people who are way better at the game than me over a year to get the first (and subsequent) FC of Jordan, no matter how hard i practiced, i would likely never get that or at least not in a timely fashion, and if i had sat down to try and do that from day one of GH2 release i would have been unlikely to even realyl innovate in pusuit of that goal, i would not have developed or been able to put out a tutorial on two hand tapping, etc etc.

On exact scores which was somethign after i dabbled in proof narowing to get contribution points to buy a sig i realized that i actualyl might have some talent and might be able to innovate, and i realized i might actually be able to contribute somethign to the community there, and i set myself incremental goals and actualyl was able to innovate something and add to a field of knowledge (in fact i think its fair to say that i was instrumental in creating that field of non-proof exact scores for fun even though i stole the 1337-score idea from Kaiser, i think). Sure its not as sexy (or probably as reflexes and natural talent intensive) as playing for high scores (which i also do, sometimes), but at the end of the day, theres only been three people who have it within their skill to FC jordan (unless a fourth got it recently and i missed it), and theres only (to my knowledge) one person who possesses an entire setlist of 133,337 scores on GH80s-X, or who can hit any exact score on red lottery everytime, and there are certainly at least some people who seem to find those neat and interesting accomplishment (though many less than finding a FC of Jordan impressive, and rightly so).

Also, it is 100%, or near enough on most songs (with sufficient preparation, planning and application of the method). Otherwise it would have taken a lot longer than two weeks to get the GH80s 1337 setlist.
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Barfo, that was awesome. Very, very nice explanation, glad that you have such a passion for improving the community.

0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo, do you have GH3, and will you be legitimately 1337ing the setlist, if possible? I know certain songs like NotB and Stricken will make if difficult to get a low score, but I saw the 80s thread and basically went so... I've read this thread on multiple occasions, and it still makes me just stop thinking about proving cutoffs... major props to what you've done

I still need a GH game >.<
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: