ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A Method to Reliably Obtain Exact Scores (v1.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0v3rki11 wrote:
Barfo, do you have GH3, and will you be legitimately 1337ing the setlist, if possible?

Thats on my list of want to do's, though i might cut a few corners (ex: publish when i just have full career done and not complete all the bonus songs). Any 1337list would be done legit (theres no point otherwise), hopefully with a couple of sample videos if i remember to hook up my gamebridge and just record a crapton of footage some of the sessions while im getting it. Also, obviously, a perfect 133,337 list is impossible (damn you Mississippi Queen!) so ill have to get creative for a score on that one, and i am sort of torn if i shoudl do hard or expert (hard would definitely make it easier to get some of the high scoring songs down, esp stricken). However, i havent played much GH lately, and i have not even started on a 1337list at all, theres been lots of other non-rhythm games ive been playing on my 360, and at the top of my list i have another exact score type project for a different game that would actually help (hopefully) the community overall, so i have been sort of feelign like i need to get that one dischargd before i move on to something that is much more of a vanity project like a 1337list. Mostly thoguh ive just been playing too much of the 360 katamari game and not doing hardly any rhythm gaming.
muna  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Mississipi Queen, you could probably do 13337 if you let go of holds early enough and plan what you hit like you did with BiM on easy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you still have any of your paths for GH2X's cutoffs lying around do you, Barfo? I don't have the brains to path these things out, but I do have the time to play through the paths and get those remaining Xbox 360 figures.

Not trying to sound lazy either, I'd rather not get the contribution points seeing as I wouldn't be pathing- I just really want to see the six/seven star ratings I've got for some songs, rather than .

PriestMLH? He's a rubber chicken with robotic guitar playing giblets.

Unless you are a volcanic robot from space or a chicken with robotic giblets, don't compare yourself to those folk. Each accomplishment is an accomplishment, no matter what people before you did.

[12:44] Kiriyama: Knights of CYDOOOOOOONIA- Cough medicine, with clout!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: CuriousJewbeard
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i was pretty disorganized when i did GH2, and i just wrote down my paths on whatever pad of paper was handy at the time, or i just opened the charts up and pathed it in my head without writing anythign down. But really pathing a song before you play it is a quick affair - it should take maybe 3-4 minutes max for an experienced person, if you are spending any more time than that you are spending too much as whatever path you think you have might need to change a lot when you go to acutally play the song. More important is to then write down notes on your first run or two with the modifications to your path adn the in-game values that you find. Honestly, it would be faster for me to re-do the paths than to searcht hrough my disorganized pile of past pads (i actually have this - its about 30-40 pads right now counting the blank ones - i use jr. legal pads like you see in my RL exact score vid). If i find myself with some sort of unexpected free time i might jsut do this.

EDIT: (April 11th 08) I was looking through my pads for a personal project (i could not remember the precise format i used for my paths and wanted to look them over), and i cant find ANY of my 80s paths, so too bad. Ill try and keep track of my GH3 ones as i generate them.
yamo5  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo, what's 1337 proof master mean?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamo5 wrote:
Barfo, what's 1337 proof master mean?

Since Barfo is 1337 at proofing cutoff scores, he was given the special banner, along with a really cool dark blue colour for his name. I'm jealous, I like dark blue. :P

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
TheDave  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY!
I got my first 1 point cutoff proof completed (2 pics total) last night, circa 2:30am

I just have to say, that doing this gives out a WHOLE NEW level of respect for Barfo, and the other "proof gods".

To top it off, mine was a GH2 cut-off proof, so use of the "no fail" cheat was not available (otherwise it would been a bit easier).

I didn't really follow the guide exactly as written here, but I probably should have.
About the only thing I did follow was getting the "mod50" (which is pretty much required) with only a short distance left in the song, and some more points left to pick up.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for writing this guide Barfo!
It is definitely a great guide, and after reading it (again), I am kicking myself for not following it a bit more closely.

Also, We can't put in requests for proofs here can we?
GH2:H(360) is in need of quite a few proofs for more accurate * rankings
I'm not really good enough for this, otherwise I would already be working at it.

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDave wrote:
I didn't really follow the guide exactly as written here, but I probably should have.
About the only thing I did follow was getting the "mod50" (which is pretty much required) with only a short distance left in the song, and some more points left to pick up.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for writing this guide Barfo!
It is definitely a great guide, and after reading it (again), I am kicking myself for not following it a bit more closely.

I should be thanking you for appreciating the guide.

Its been so long since anybody replied to my guide that i hope you can forgive me if i pontificate on my method a bit. Understanding the mod50 is really the cornerstone of the method, one thing i will say is there are plenty of cases where you dont want to get the mod 50 super-late in the song, sometimes the easiest holds section is towards the middle, the key thign to understand is to choose it so you can have a an easily played, very consistent score (tweakable right at the end during the SP section) after whatever the section is.

Moving forward, one thing i would definitely recommend, esp for GH2 proofs, is to definitely study my chapter on SP section now that you understand the mod50 part, using a good SP section is really the key for me to being able to cut down my number of plays per exact score i want to get.
falcon2099  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. I think my brain just melted. I would love to help out with this... but I don't know if I have the patience for it... I am submitting BPP's for GH:Aerosmith though (28/41 so far for Easy).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... Im beyond confused...
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghplayer3mth wrote:
Uh... Im beyond confused...

I was too when I read it, so I decided to just get the points by narrowing the ranges, instead of proofing exactly. I have about 12 contribution points atm, and if the ones I submitted today get accepted I'll almost be at 20, which is the amount required for those sig images of your rankings on the leaderboard.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
morty  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, that's very interesting and helpful indeed. But I'd like to ask something. What's up with co-op? I mean in co-op you just cant use this mod50 and everything because the score you get for hitting a note is not a constant. does anybody know something about how does the co-op scoring work? or may I just use the "search" function?

S6(Rock's the 80s) OB League CHAMPION!
S7(Legends of Rock) OB League 3rd place!
S9(All GH Games Hard) 2nd place!
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i love this guide. Im going to be a math major so this guide was right up my ally. Also i have proved a few songs and your rule of 50 definitely helped me out. i just wanted to say thank you for this amazing guide.
FourSpades  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite possibly the longest wall of text I've ever seen on any forum, website, or other electronic page-writing thing-a-ma-bob. It also wins the prestigious award of most informative, interesting, and easily appliable wall of text I've ever read.
My YouTube! Latest Videos: Crazy Train, Metropolis Part 1I, and Midnight
Injoy wrote:
I'll have a FAGS by the end of tonight I think.
Mr.Taco  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job thanx for this
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: