ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Score-tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, I was told the timing window was identical (though more centered with better calibration now). But if old songs are showing up with open note sustains, and drum charts are in some cases different, then it definitely makes sense to separate them.

I also understand the wiki stats concern, and wouldn't want to skew them that badly. At this point domination mode is still a long-shot, but I'll promise if it gets added to exclude them from the stat totals.

As far as 6-star/FC tracking, I wouldn't want to just add an option for 6-stars because all previous FCs (not just for WoR, but also GH5/BH) have been entered as 5 so it would invalidate all of that information. The more proper way would be to detect FC note streaks and update all the relevant ratings to 6, and then open up the new option. This is certainly possible, but it's not going to happen in the short-term.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every bass song I played last night from DLC had a modified chart to cater for sustained bassline notes, so I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to track scores for them in WoR. Score wise it doesn't really make a huge difference, give or a take a few thousand points. I mean last night I played The Martyr on GH5 and score an FC of 266K, played it on WOR and got an FC of 269K. So it's not anything detrimental to keeping things fair.

Mike65707  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avandr3 wrote:
Every bass song I played last night from DLC had a modified chart to cater for sustained bassline notes, so I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to track scores for them in WoR. Score wise it doesn't really make a huge difference, give or a take a few thousand points. I mean last night I played The Martyr on GH5 and score an FC of 266K, played it on WOR and got an FC of 269K. So it's not anything detrimental to keeping things fair.

A 3k difference is actually pretty big gap from an impossible to reach 1st place if you don't have WoR. :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
avandr3 wrote:

A 3k difference is actually pretty big gap from an impossible to reach 1st place if you don't have WoR. :P

This. I FC'd Low on bass in WoR, whammying all open sustains for maximum starpower, and shot straight to the top of the Wii leaderboard. It can make a big difference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as of now, the only scores that can be submitted are ones with powerless characters in quickplay+ mode, right? I have only played Quest mode so far, so I'm not exactly sure what one is allowed to enter in for scores.
avandr3  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
avandr3 wrote:

I pipped HandsUp467 by like 1k points, I don't think it'll be a huge problem.

chocotricks  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats going on? Are we going to be able to post WT,SH,and BH imports in the WoR section or are you only putting up the GH5 and M imports and what about the dlc uhhh lol
Get all current rb/gh titles [] (unplugged)
GHOT FGFC [] (IDWS,RTN)
GHOTD FGFC [X]
GHMH FGFC [] (SW)
GHOT FSFC []
BHDS FGFC [] (YBP)
RBU FGFC []
LRBDS FGFC [X]
RBM FGFC [X]
1000 fc's [X]
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also suggest adding a disclaimer so then when you submit a score you see a message similar to this:

"Only submit scores if they have been obtained in quickplay without the use of any 'powers'".

The reason I suggest this is so that it will become more obvious which scores are acceptable. From reading some of the active discussions going on about WoR around scorehero at the moment, it has become apparent that many people are unsure of which scores they are allowed to submit. This undoubtedly results in scores from quickplay+ with the use of powers being submitted, which will has a detrimental affect on the integrity of the leaderboards. My sample disclaimer probably isn't the best way to word it, and maybe the submit score screen isn't the best place for it, but I feel like something should be done to clear up this confusion. If this confusion goes on too much longer with more and more people getting the game everyday, I fear the leaderboards will lose their meaning.

I also believe that imports and shared DLC should have their own score submission sections under WoR for the same reasons that have already been stated. The engine, while not vastly different, is still different. This results in a change to the potential upper-bound scores of most - if not all - songs, as well as even changes some charts (open bass sustains, X+ drums). This may also warrant a disclaimer that makes sure we know to enter scores for a song in the game that we played it in.

Also, if JC decides to add quickplay+ scoretracking (with the use of powers), then the scores should not count towards your on-disc score total. Instead, these scores should be in a separate category in between on-disc scores and DLC/imports.

Thanks JC for all of your hard work and willingness to consider multiple options with scoretracking, we all appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If power challenges are uploaded for score-tracking on ScoreHero, and I certainly hope they are, is there any chance that we'll get a dropdown box to indicate which powers we used? We could just as easily put it in the comment box, but it'd be nice for the sake of comparison, just in case we can't figure out the right combination for ourselves, or for the sake of figuring out which combination hasn't been tried yet.

I'm not holding my breath, but separate leaderboards for a different combination of powers would be lovely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's official. We have a SH Community FC of GH6:WoR, after onlybeing out for 2 DAYS!!!!! Wow, that was much quicker than I thought.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with everyone who's saying that the DLC shouldn't be merged for WoR and GH5.
If it was guitar only, then I really think the differences are so small that it wouldn't really get noticed, but when bass obviously needs separate ones and drums looks like it too it wouldn't really make sense to merge them for guitar when every other instrument (No, I didn't forgot vox but that seems to be different as well) and all band combinations would need separate ones.

As for Domination scores, I really don't think we should add them, it'd be pretty much zero pathing, just activate as soon as you can and SP will last almost the entire song, seems pointless to me.

And I have to disagree with JRyder, I'd think it'd be much better with just one leaderboard for the power challenge so you'd have to think about what powers to use at least a little bit even though it's pretty obvious in most cases.

Whatever you guys decide on I'm sure it'll be great either way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
As for Domination scores, I really don't think we should add them, it'd be pretty much zero pathing, just activate as soon as you can and SP will last almost the entire song, seems pointless to me.

And I have to disagree with JRyder, I'd think it'd be much better with just one leaderboard for the power challenge so you'd have to think about what powers to use at least a little bit even though it's pretty obvious in most cases.

My opinion with Domination is that normally, having SP go the entire song would make it pointless, but you'll still have competition on the harder songs between the kind of people who didn't contribute to the community FC of this game.

For example, on some of the Demigod tier songs, I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get 40 stars on, and I'd love to track my progress as I make my way up. If I'm the only one, so be it, I'm just having my voice heard because I'm still one of those people who can't FC all of GH2 or 3/4 of GHM or whatever. I'm just slightly above average.

I'd agree with not adding Domination scores if only because they're not easily accessible without linking your game to guitarhero.com. That's a slightly cumbersome method and for many, I'm sure, will not be worth the trouble. In the end, you're dealing with the kind of people who really, really love to submit scores for this site, and in my case, have been around forever and just want to see ScoreHero grow and grow and grow and not pay attention to whether or not it's too big for its britches.

I guess what I'm saying is that I can go either way.

Having one leaderboard per instrument for power challenges is fine, I just know that it'd be fun to use different combinations on the same song and compete to see who can get the top score on Nova/Generator or Nova/Amplifier, etc.

Again, if this is too much of a hassle, I understand completely and would rather have one leaderboard per instrument than no leaderboards at all.

Mike65707  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with 64 combination I really think power challenge should only have overall not combination specific.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Mack31  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
I would also suggest adding a disclaimer so then when you submit a score you see a message similar to this:

"Only submit scores if they have been obtained in quickplay without the use of any 'powers'".

The reason I suggest this is so that it will become more obvious which scores are acceptable. From reading some of the active discussions going on about WoR around scorehero at the moment, it has become apparent that many people are unsure of which scores they are allowed to submit.

I completely agree with this. I have yet to enter any scores and am curious as to what the rules for entering them are. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
Well with 64 combination I really think power challenge should only have overall not combination specific.

Actually its only 28 possible combinations, since order doesnt matter, and you cant choose the same power twice (i assume). Still you point holds just as well - its way too many to separate, it should be set up in the same spirit of the official leaderboards, to get the best you have to consider which is the best combination of two powers to use (even though for a wide swath of cases its going to probably be the same two).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: