ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Competition (Australians only!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marbler  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'm american, but I can clear up some confusion on how they get the giant scores. Star Power Generator and Star Power Nova. 10% SP every 10 notes and a 6x star power multiplier, it's as simple as that. Sure, star power might not last the entire song, but it's worth way more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Partybear  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's because he cheated if you look back a few posts he even admits to it.
JakMon777  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellbound4eva wrote:
JakMon777 wrote:
Actually, the trick was to play Expert Drums on Bat Country. Nowhere in the Terms and Conditions did it say you had to enter a Guitar score. Originally I had a Guitar score up but started to slip in the rankings, so I submitted a 2.3m score on Drums (Not a bad run for me) on Bat Country, ended up 1st in my State and 3rd nationally.

Time to start training for the finals!

By the way, it's been announced that Paranoid will be the grand final song. Makes sense seeing how it's tied to Metallica.

Yeah and its noobs like you submitting drum scores that made my 5th on guitar in the state drop to like 10th. Gunna kick all these drum n00bs butts at states and nationals. And im fair sure i remember in the T&C that it said submit your best score on expert guitar

If playing within the rules makes me a noob, so be it. And playing Bat Country on Expert Drums is a lot harder than the guitar chart, believe me.
I actually emailed the organisers asking about the rules after I was a bit confused, here's what they said:

RE: Demi God of Rock questions‏

11/10/2010

To Jack Monaghan, BattleSessions
From: Skjellerup, Peter (peter.skjellerup@guitarhero.com) on behalf of BattleSessions (battlesessions@activision.com)

Sent: Monday, 11 October 2010 5:10:42 PM

To: Jack Monaghan (jakmon_777@hotmail.com); BattleSessions (battlesessions@activision.com)

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Phase One is open to all fans of Guitar Hero and although the majority of entrants are registering scores via their guitar controller there is a very small percentage of other controllers including drums. The only stipulation that we have placed upon this part of our competition is that you have the choice of six song titles only.

What we are finding is that people have finished Quest Mode and are then playing the Power Challenges in Quickplay+ which gives you the chance to play using 2 of the Warrior Alter ego powers and hence generate a much higher score. There are no rules to stop that happening in the qualifying stages and hence this avenue is available to all players.

Phase Two will then select our Top 20 Finalists per state. There will be 100 finalists competing nationally at the State Finals. The State Finals will be Judged on Guitar only. This will be based on the highest score and no Warrior power-ups will be allowed. Song will be set to expert and all players will be on a level playing field. The Guitar used will be a new Guitar hero Warriors of Rock Signature guitar as supplied by us. No custom guitars etc. This phase will definitely separate the shredders from the pretenders!

We’ve tried to mix up this competition and each Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock phase brings new challenges!

Good luck in qualifying and hope to see you at the State finals!

Rock on!

So I came 3rd nationally, what did you come?
hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well thats a stupid but fair enough. My apologies.
Ah like 21st nationally.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid as well. The whole thing made it seem like a guitar competition. But I knew when people were getting upwards of 2 million that there was something I wasn't getting.

I'm glad the state finals are going to be Quickplay without powers. That's how a Guitar Hero competition should be.
hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with you, atleast we'll be able to school all the pretenders =D
What state you from man?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victoria, same as you it looks like

Should be fun I think. My Xbox is starting to die, so 1st or 2nd place would be amazing.

Have you gotten an email or anything yet? Because the date given is the 30-31 October, but I don't see why it needs to go over 2 days. Hopefully they're just covering their bases and will narrow it down to one day.

EDIT: Wow, the smiley faces look really smug on here. Wasn't intended lol
hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i did, and just got a phone call.
Its on the Sunday from 12-2pm.
Yeah well i'll tkae 1st you can have 2nd ;D haha.
Good to be able to meet someone from SH irl.
You'll notice me im the guy with long curly lol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm hope mine comes soon. Starting to get worried!

I'll keep an eye out for you then. Fingers crossed they don't pick Bat Country - There's this one part of the solo that I just can't get. I'll have to try and nail it after exams are done.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Phase One is open to all fans of Guitar Hero and although the majority of entrants are registering scores via their guitar controller there is a very small percentage of other controllers including drums. The only stipulation that we have placed upon this part of our competition is that you have the choice of six song titles only.

If I lose out to someone who's done a drum score, I will be very, VERY annoyed...

I thought with the finals being guitar based, it would be a given that guitar would be used in qualifying... I guess you have to spell it out in the T&C, which they have failed to do.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
JakMon777  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they decided to not give places in the finals to those who submitted drum scores. I haven't heard from them yet. Although I submitted a pretty good guitar score (1.65m on I'm Not Okay) before my drum score so hopefully they fall back on that.
hellbound4eva  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakMon777 wrote:
Maybe they decided to not give places in the finals to those who submitted drum scores. I haven't heard from them yet. Although I submitted a pretty good guitar score (1.65m on I'm Not Okay) before my drum score so hopefully they fall back on that.

No offence to you but i hope thats what theyve done to make it fair on us guitar people.
And also sorry to burst your bubble of hope, but it says after you submit a new higher score they discard the old one, as to free up space on their database. :S i hope you still get through though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky I checked my Junk folder!

Looks like I'll be seeing you there. Better go and practice so I don't embarrass myself.
crixx.  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooo some competition =D This might actually be exciting... I had this image of this being something a whole bunch of 12-15 year olds made it to...

Finished up 2nd in state, 5th aus-wide (not that it means anything since we had to submit bat country drum scores to stay in the top 20...).

I'll be there sporting a black "Crixx" hoodie (well, if its a cold day lol)

So uhh... I hope neither of you like Metallica... Or have no friends and want to take me along xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah nice, who ended up winning the comp? I know alot of the top Aussies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: