SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pup: Sudden Death Guitar FC!!! + TDWF G/B & Speeding FC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
Sick stuff. If bendover wasn't so (relatively) close, I'd recommend ombing the game since I don't see anything stopping you outside of the X+ glitching. Hell, I'd still say go for it

Scatterbrain X+ still exists.

Regardless, I do think that Pup is capable of doing it.
xXGHXx  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too fast plz :'(

Also wow, Demon(s) on GH5, is that a 1st ever?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GHX37
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXGHXx wrote:
Not too fast plz :'(

Also wow, Demon(s) on GH5, is that a 1st ever?

ccmoose and Bendover FCed it in GH5. I don't know if anyone else has, though.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's Only Another Parsec..." Note Shuffle Guitar FC

I also tech FCed "Bat Country" Note Shuffle, and the end of the video shows me FCing the two hardest sections of that song.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. This site may be a ghost town in its current form, but I figured I may as well post something here for old time's sake.

Chemical Warfare
Expert Guitar FC!!!

VIDEO

So this is easily my best guitar FC in the Guitar Hero series. It didn't go down easily though - I choked after Solo 1 a grand total of 28 times, four of which being after Solo 2 in Annihilation Verse. Never before have I choked so many times before FCing a song, but I went a long time thinking I would never FC this anyway, so it's cathartic regardless. I'll probably go ahead and FC Vocals and Bass just to get an OMB FC out of the way.

On the side, I also knocked out "Burn" and "Holy Wars" with no real issue, and I think I'm now willing to pursue a full game FC of GH:WoR. There's five difficult songs left for me to take down.

-Speeding (Vault Edition): I randomly reverse-choked this recently, so this should go down easily.

- This Day We Fight!: The verses in the first half of this song tend to tilt me, as I very frequently miss in the most random spots. Regardless, it's still very doable.

- Black Widow of La Porte: I dread the possibility of this becoming an unreasonably long grind like Chemical Warfare, but I at least have sufficient consistency on it; any solo I can't hit on command I'm at least 50/50 on. The main points that concern me are Venom Solo/Root of All Evil 2 (I have to alt-strum a bit in the sliders to cleanly transition) and Spider Crawl (seemingly guaranteed choke point).

- Sudden Death: No joke: Verse 2 is the hardest section in the game for me to hit. Even after all these years I have no clue how to hit it with any iota of consistency, and I'm never able to tell what I do differently in the blue-moon occasions where I do hit it. Looking forward to the inevitable runs where Solo B kills an FC.

- Fury of the Storm: This for me is definitely the most intimidating, and I would absolutely call it my best guitar FC period if I pull it off. Fury of the Solo E-G gives me a lot of trouble; in particular, I have a huge mental block with the grace note bit in G - a spot that gave me no problems many years prior. Oddly the trill of death in Fury of the Solo I doesn't really give me issues anymore, though it's still a very realistic choke point. On top of all that, the first half has vastly less autopilot than Chemical Warfare, which I'm certain will make this grind FUN.

---

While juggling between various GH titles I decided to sit down and knock out the hardest ranked song I knew I could do in GH:M. After spending time in practice I learned that the game will often misread the strum I do to start the triplets as being for the HOPO directly before. I started double-strumming the orange instead of single-strumming to adjust, and that turned the transition into a cakewalk. FC happened not too long after. Most songs in GH:M are well within my skill level to FC, but "One" is still out of the question - I rarely ever hit Fast Solo A in practice.

Jellu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that came out of nowhere an amazing FC though. 90/93 FCs will surely happen easily if you just want it to.

As someone who has somewhat seriously tried to FC Sudden Death (hs 778k with 2 misses in B), I've given some thought to the hardest parts of Solo B (the mess right after the fast strumming, and the worst offender, the ending). You may want to try strumming some hopos. This helped me especially with the double yellow after the strumming (shown below), removing a lot of randomness there.

- etc
- f f f f f f f s f f f ss f f s
f for fret, s for strum.
This used to be hardest part of the song for me, however by just downstrumming twice there (a lot slower than you would think you have to) it became somewhat easy. In WoR there's something wrong with hopos like this (hence why Verse 2 is so frustrating for really good players who want a consistent method for it). I have tried the same for the ending (to strum 3 reds when the fast part starts) and had moderate success, however I haven't given that part as much time since I only recently realized that may be the reason why I constantly miss there.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang, CW & DE are no small feat. congratz !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're too good

GHWoR FGFC would be amazing, I suppose you could even get the OMB FGFC? I'm 99% sure that has never been done before. In fact I'm curious as to how far you can go, perhaps you can get OMB FSFC!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got bored and played some of the GH spin-offs to knock out some FCs I knew I could do. The following are in chronological order.

Ace of Spades - Sightread past the second verse. ez pz

-

Fight Fire with Fire

I managed to choke after the solo (where I never missed) twice before FCing this. Required an embarrassing degree of warm-up to not constantly make dumb misses in the first two minutes.

-

Battery

No post-solo chokes thankfully. Still took a little under a half hour.

-

Evil

I remember grinding this song a lot a few years back and not getting anywhere with it. Practiced the tapping solo for a bit and figured out a decent way to prevent missing (not letting go of yellow at a certain point), and I somehow managed to FC it on my first run up to the solo. Neat.

-

Blood and Thunder - One and done
Beautiful Mourning
Wherever I May Roam - One and done after practicing the solo in advance.
Fuel
For Whom the Bell Tolls

-

Master of Puppets

Oh hey it's my namesake. I never missed in the solo during my attempts but I did manage to choke past it twice. The chords in the verses give me some weird trouble and killed an embarrassing number of runs pre-solo.

-

Psychobilly Freakout

Played a sightread. Practiced the second verse and the trill. FCed it first try past the second verse. ez pz

-

Raining Blood

FCed first try past Mosh (or whatever it's called in this game) - I honestly had to tap the higher notes in it because it was too awkward for me to one-hand. Flood was really easy in this game though and gave me no trouble after playing it one time in Practice Mode.

-

Play With Me

I had experience playing this chart in the form of an RB custom (which at one point I was close to FCing). After practicing the second half of the song I ripped off the band-aid decided to grind it. Getting past the second verse was annoying but, shockingly, I FCed it first try up to that point. I was fully expecting to miss in the solo strumming or fast slider bit or the outro but... no. It was quick and painless aside from some dumb misses in the first half. We take those.

Flewer  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some of the best FC's you can wish for
Very impressive, congratz !
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome FCs! Giving some love to multiple games, definitely like to see that. And nailing a few of the toughest in each game, no less. At this point, what do you have left? You've gotten a lot of crazy FCs, so I can only assume you are either close to FSFC or just have a lot of cleanup to do...
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got bored and decided to tackle the hard songs on GH5 guitar.

---

Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)

Thank the high heavens, this was a playread after practicing the outro. I was so dreading the possibility of this being a grind.

---

Scatterbrain (Live)

Intro to this song is a pain. If I recall correctly I FCed this on my first time holding an FC past the quad zig.

---

Done With Everything, Die for Nothing

I remember grinding this a lot back in 2015 or so and not getting anywhere with it, largely because I never had any luck getting a handle on GH5's engine. I played this a run of this song directly after FCing Scatterbrain, and FCed the whole song by sheer fluke. Seriously I hit the staircases with the sloppiest one-handing ever I totally did not deserve this FC (I'll take it though).

---

No One to Depend On (Live)

I had an undocumented 5-star FC of this and wanted to fix that, and well... I half-fixed it. I guess I accidentally strummed in the dead space intro. I'll fix this later. It's an FC regardless.

---

The Spirit of Radio (Live)

Like "No One to Depend On", I had an undocumented 5-star FC of this; unlike it, I actually got 6 stars this time! Casually FCed this first run up to the second verse or so.

---

American Girl

Had an embarrassing number of misses due to bad attempts at whammying, but I managed to playread FC the outro. ez pz

---

21st Century Schizoid Man
Expert+ One Man Band FC!!!

Drums: From February 2015. Can be found earlier in the thread. Sadly my video is (predictably) blocked worldwide.

Bass: Got this FC yesterday after choking at the outro blue stream a few times. I remembered the outro being a lot harder than it actually was, but I'm not complaining.

Guitar: Oh my god this grind was such a pain in the ass. I started grinding this on the same day I got the first three FCs in this post, and was really consistent one-handing the sax solo. And then I choked. Twice. And my sax solo consistency was just gone with the wind. After many fruitless grinds over the past two weeks I finally FCed past the sax solo a third time and got the FC. I can't begin to imagine what I would have done if I somehow choked a third time.

Vocals: Practiced the last verse a bunch before doing runs. That didn't stop me from the missing the second-to-last phrase on the my first run. Go me.

I'm in a comfortable position to FGFC Guitar Hero 5 on guitar (and possibly bass), but that would require some patience and boredom on my part, so it might not happen anytime soon.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choking 21CSM? Yeah I may be a bit familiar with the concept, lol.

Great job on getting basically every hard FC in GH5. As you said, the FGFC should be pretty much guaranteed at this point. Bass too, since you already have the one and only hard song. You think a OMBFGFC could be doable?
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Me the Breeze (Live) - Guitar FC

---

This Day We Fight!
Expert Guitar FC

Wildly overdue. Very tilting song that eluded me for a long while. Thankfully this was only like second try in this particular session.

---

Sudden Death
Expert Guitar FC!!!
VIDEO

For the longest time this FC felt out of the question for me, all because of Verse 2, which I long considered the hardest section in the game for me to hit. Recently I finally pieced together a way to hit it halfway consistently (strum as early as possible in the timing window while basically ignoring the HO/POs). I also ground Solo B to the bone to hopefully minimize chokeage. I think this was my fourth FC up to Solo B, but I thankfully had zero chokes past that. Definitely one of my best FCs.

---

This Day We Fight!
Expert Bass FC
Video

Went ahead and decided to try this since I hear it's the hardest bass FC in the series. This took almost two hours of continuous grinding, but at least it's out of the way.

---

Deadfall
Expert Bass FC

Took about 15-ish minutes. That one random open strum in the second verse is dumb.

Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major congratulations on SD! But even outside that, the speed at which you have been tearing through all these quite difficult songs is really impressive.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: