Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pup: Sudden Death Guitar FC!!! + TDWF G/B & Speeding FC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011, 2013 & 2013 in the same page, yeah necro bump ! VH is fun, real fun. not too easy, not too hard (except ITO of course).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YRGM is a really annoying FC, great job!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Black Betty*"
Expert Drums FC

Click for video

Two hours. This happened only two hours after I bought the song. I'd think of something to say beyond that, but the fact that I FCed the most busted drums chart in all of Guitar Hero in a ludicrously brief time frame is a bit tough to build on.

I'd probably consider this my second best GH FC, the first being "Fury of the Storm".

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That is beyond impressive. Jeez oh peez.

I'm thinking you could probably get a drum FSFC. You should totally go for that.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If You Want Peace... Prepare for War"
Expert Guitar FC

I tapped precisely one note in the whole song, and it was in Guitar Solo 2B. This was the first run I had FCing up to the solos, and I'm glad it didn't turn into a lengthy grind (even if I wasn't worried at all about Synth Solo, since I'm strangely consistent with it).

In other news, the stars have aligned and I finally hit a section that's been two years in the making. The tough part for me is the sweep in the midst of the trills, because the blue it starts on totally throws off my momentum.

I'm currently aiming to FC "Speeding (Vault Edition)", "This Day We Fight!", "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due", and more overdue FCs like "Burn" and "Call Me the Breeze (Live)", so this thread should hopefully have a pulse for at least a little bit.

My ultimate objective right now is to FC "Black Widow of La Porte". Of the Big Three, it's the only one that seems realistic for me, as it doesn't contain sections I find particularly difficult to hit (it has annoying sections, yes, but not really hard ones). If I FC that, it will easily be my best guitar FC across both franchises.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the word is "impressed". Great work on that FC, IYWPPFW is really tricky (well, I say that, but you have an FC )
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these hiatuses, man. They just keep happening.

I recently got my GHA Les Paul fixed (used the solder mod to fix my fret's inputs), so to break it in I decided to play some Van Halen and World Tour and see how I would do.

Yesterday I managed to re-FC "Romeo Delight" and "Little Guitars". I initially FCed them over a year ago -- along with "Jump", "Painkiller", "Ice Cream Man", "Hear About It Later", and even "Hot For Teacher" -- but never had a chance to post any of them before my computer's hard drive got totally fried (I'm currently using my the family desktop).

Now onto what I accomplished in the span of this past night:

In the past this song was always a pain in my ass due to how the slider notes in the solo were arranged, and the way they were charted simply made no sense to me personally; because of that I was always under the impression that this version was harder than Rock Band 3's. I finally took the time to see if I could create a method that would work. After about 15 minutes I had it down, and less than 20 minutes after that I FCed.

Before playing this song I went to practice immediately and selected Solo 2; I hit it first try since third position trivializes the hell out of it. Then I went to Solo 1; had it down very quickly. After three runs (the first two being FCs up to the transition into Solo 2), I FCed. Honestly, I find this to be the most overrated of the slider note charts. Heck, I probably would have considered this chart to have the most overblown difficulty in the game if it weren't for "Pull Me Under". I didn't even need to alt-tap anything!

Unlike the first two that took less than twenty minutes, this took nearly an hour in a half to grind out. I created methods for the slider note sections surprisingly quickly, but this was a really dense song as far as solos go, so it took a relatively long while to finally get a run past the trills in the second solo. I personally find this much harder than "Love Removal Machine", even though most people would say otherwise.

Of all the FCs today, this one took the longest; about two and a half hours went into this song. Surprisingly, it wasn't because of the solos. I had a really strong and surprisingly consistent method cooked up in less than five minutes of practice for Solo 3B (I only missed the sliders once the whole grind). The true difficulty for me was, oddly enough, the verses (ESPECIALLY Verse 3). I really hate the random, awkward nature of the verses in this song, and over 85% of my misses were them. I had two chokes towards the end too, before (ascending alt-strumming scales) and after (the slider trill ) the tempo-changing chords. This was honestly the hardest FC for me of the four, though I'm unsure whether I'd consider this or "Mr. Crowley" more difficult.

As a side note to all of that, I was inspired by Bendover's (amazing) thread earlier today to practice "Satch Boogie" Solo D, and after 50 minutes, I GOT IT! It goes without saying that I'm nowhere near ready enough to go for an FC of that monster, but hey, I said that before with "Purple Haze" on drums, and look how that turned out. \_ _/

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bendover  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit dude I'm just now reading through this thread, it's nuts what you've done on this side. Purple Haze drums? Black Betty? 4 of the most difficult WT guitar songs with the very real possibility of the most difficult WT guitar FC of all? Keep at it man, you're a beast.

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I return with more of World Tour's harder non-"Satch Boogie" songs out of the way!

This one took about as long as "Overkill" did yesterday. I'm not consistent at all with Solo D. I had one choke at the very ending of the song because I forgot it was there. I'm glad I got this out of the way. The fact that this is ranked in the breakdown as easier than "Pull Me Under" is just ludicrous.

This took about four runs up to the first solo. I wouldn't say this is particularly hard, though it took a little longer than it probably should have due to my poor attention span during the verses.

I practiced the solo yesterday, and went straight into it today. The FC literally took one try up to the solo (second run; I had a dumb miss the first run in the second verse).

I practiced Solo 3 yesterday and struggled a little bit; eventually I found that third position did best for me. I went straight into it today and, no joke, got it on the very first try. I didn't even properly prepare for Solo 3 (I ended up using second position instead of third) and I still hit it. I'm honestly really surprised I got this FC with virtually no hang-ups.

This one was a little annoying, simply because I don't really like how the game's strumming system treats riffs like the ones in this song. It always feels like I miss when I don't think I should be. On the bright side, my first FC up to Party Time was the FC run.

This FC took two runs (the first being a miss in the awkward hook section in the third solo and FC everywhere else). Not really anything to say about this one really.

I really don't want to feel forced to do "Stranglehold". x.x

EDIT:

After posting, I decided to see if I could just get this over with. I practiced all the solos plus the outro and went ahead into the runs. First run was a miss at Solo 3, but the next was... well, an FC. I cannot describe enough how glad I am that this took such a short time, because the last time I played this song was my sightread over five years ago where I nearly fell asleep because I found the chart and song really boring. My past experience with this song made it my biggest worry besides "Satch Boogie", though mainly due to boredom rather than difficulty.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously cool stuff. I have huge trouble getting myself to play this game with how awful the engine is, but I understand how crazy-hard some of those charts are. I completely agree with you on Stranglehold, by the way (as great as the song is, it isn't very fun).

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguably, Stranglehold is pretty fun on guitar... but only if you're not going for an FC.

But I digress. At this rate you could easily FGFC this game. (2nd ever OMBFGFC?)
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sick fcs, what's left besides satch?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
really sick fcs, what's left besides satch?

Almost all of the easier stuff. I really only focused on the harder songs. heh

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went ahead and bought a used copy of Guitar Hero Metallica. A few hours later... well this happened.

I'm not sure if I'd consider this or "Satch Boogie" Solo D my best section FC, but I will say it took a decently long grind to hit this just once.

Video

AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
So I went ahead and bought a used copy of Guitar Hero Metallica. A few hours later... well this happened.

I'm not sure if I'd consider this or "Satch Boogie" Solo D my best section FC, but I will say it took a decently long grind to hit this just once.

Video

I can't judge myself since ebay is utter shit and doesn't like to ship GH games but I'd say Satch Solo D, I've hit it like 5 times only (it's a miracle I did it once in a run with no F choke) and I have yet to try FSA on GHM. If it's the same difficulty as on GH3 then Satch win by far in my book.

Edit: Btw nice job on all those insane GHWT FCs, you'll be at 84/86 in no time ;) and maybe 85 if you don't go through the same process as me for HFT and end up choking 50+ times in the outro :P

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: