ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Orange Notes...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iTsCaRNaGe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Orange Notes... Reply with quote

Orange Notes aren't worth any extra points in GH5 and GH:WoR, right? I didn't think they were, I just couldn't figure how someone beat me by so many points on a certain song, and seeing as I'm on RB drums I just figured I'd check.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iTs CaRNaGe PSN Name: iTsCaRNaGe
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are not worth more points

Yusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will note, however, there are certain challenges in GH:WoR that require you to hit a certain number of orange notes.

RB Kits CANNOT do these challenges.

Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Orange Notes... Reply with quote

iTsCaRNaGe wrote:
Orange Notes aren't worth any extra points in GH5 and GH:WoR, right? I didn't think they were, I just couldn't figure how someone beat me by so many points on a certain song, and seeing as I'm on RB drums I just figured I'd check.

What kind of RB kit is it? Are you pathing your SP usage or just blowing it randomly?

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
iTsCaRNaGe  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Orange Notes... Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
iTsCaRNaGe wrote:

What kind of RB kit is it? Are you pathing your SP usage or just blowing it randomly?

I'm on IONs and no I'm not blowing SP I'm using path's I create and I used what I thought was the best path, but I didn't come close to 1st, I guess I just need to re-path. I also just wanted to make sure orange notes weren't worth 25 extra points like they used to be in some of the GH games.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iTs CaRNaGe PSN Name: iTsCaRNaGe
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few songs which have O+G, which you obviously can't play on RB kit

Oh and if you play on X+ you get higher up in the leaderboard. On my sightread of Move It on Over X+ I got first place (LOL WTF?) and I got 330k, but some guy on Expert got 500K, and I was above them
zuqu  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:

Oh and if you play on X+ you get higher up in the leaderboard. On my sightread of Move It on Over X+ I got first place (LOL WTF?) and I got 330k, but some guy on Expert got 500K, and I was above them

Isn't O+G charted as B+G on RB drums?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuqu wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:

Since when? G is O on GH5, BH and GHWoR
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be because RB kits don't have velocity sensors on (as far as I'm aware) and there are some notes that can be hit harder to gain extra points, which is obviously impossible on a RB kit.

My advice is to just get a GH kit, they are far better, except the WT kits which just disintegrate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace
zuqu  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:
zuqu wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:

O on a GH-kit is G on a RB-kit but O+G on a GH-kit should be charted B+G on a RB-kit (not sure if it really is).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuqu wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:
zuqu wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:

O on a GH-kit is G on a RB-kit but O+G on a GH-kit should be charted B+G on a RB-kit (not sure if it really is).

What do you mean should? Why should something charted to Green (A pad the RB already has) be charted to Blue?! I mean they wouldnt do it
MofoMasta  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O+G does get turned into B+G, but I'm pretty sure blue just takes the place of the cymbal for such an occasion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adstermoore wrote:
It could be because RB kits don't have velocity sensors on (as far as I'm aware) and there are some notes that can be hit harder to gain extra points, which is obviously impossible on a RB kit.

My advice is to just get a GH kit, they are far better, except the WT kits which just disintegrate.

Every kit from RB2 onward has been velocity Sensitive.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adstermoore wrote:

I would hardly say that, its more just a luck of the draw.

My friend's BH set was having problems within 2 weeks of being out of the box.

Where as I've had my same RB 2 set for well over a year now.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:
zuqu wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:
zuqu wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:

What do you mean should? Why should something charted to Green (A pad the RB already has) be charted to Blue?! I mean they wouldnt do it

because the green is being played as the green, same as usual, but the orange is being played as a blue instead since it cant be played as a green since there is already a green note there to begin with
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: