ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trueachievements.com, anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Trueachievements.com, anyone? Reply with quote

Anyone else use http://www.trueachievements.com ?

I discovered it a few weeks back and I'm really into achievements now. In the past, I NEVER went out of my way for them but the way trueachievements has assigned weighted values has completely changed my outlook on achievements. I've been working through all the games I own to try and finish out achievements I never got when I initially played them.

Here's my page, fwiw: http://www.trueachievements.com/vSully.htm
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a PS3 in June and have been trophy hunting ever since. I kinda just played and if a trophy popped, thought it was cool, but I didn't go out of my way for any... until I found ps3trophies.com (I believe I've seen Cabanon on there in the GH sections), that's when it kicked into high gear. Since then, I've been going for platinums on my games. Can get ridiculous if you're not careful, though. Many of the hardcore players get games like Hannah Montana and equal-level crap just for the trophies.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used TA for about a year now. But I am hunting a lot less than I used to. When I really like a game, I write achievement guides. I wrote a few for Skate 3, a couple for Blur, and I've started on Sonic The Hedgehog 4's first ep.

Feel free to add me.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Trueachievements quite regularly, until the servers got shut down (or whatever). I just haven't started using it again for one reason or another.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Silly  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it because I prefer the weighted system to xbox's assigned values, but I'm much less of a cheevo whore than I used to be (I had 7000 GS within a month of owning a 360, two years later I'm still under 30k) It's also useful if you want to organise a session for a game that no-one ever plays which you might be missing one achievement on.

I can be found here.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made an account Referred you as well Sully, let's see what this puppy can do

p.s. I remember having you on my friendslist on your other gamertag, why'd you switch?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on there for a while. My score used to be pretty good until I got Gamefly and stopped caring about most achievements that weren't fun to get or easily gotten. Now I only really "go for" achievements on Rhythm games and games I really love (Left 4 Dead, Bioshock). So I guess I'm not too much of an achievement whore anymore... I've changed my ways folks...

I think I broke it, though, when I changed my gamertag: http://www.trueachievements.com/PMS+Hailz.htm
Seeing as how there is a huge gap.. Dec. 12th to Sept. 26th lol. I dunno man.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine

I actually preferred this to the Xbox Live system. Haven't been on the site in a while, but I requested an update.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I'd describe my achievement earning habits. I enjoy going for the hard-but-still-reasonable ones though. Stuff like One Free Bullet, Monument To All Your Sins, etc. Wish there was more stuff like that in games. (I notice those are both solo ones as well. :/)

Anyway, here's me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, my top 4 best achievements (Or the ones with the most ratio) are all music game ones , with Bloody feet on GHSH as my best one with a ratio of 11.31. I quite like this site, makes me wanna go for achievements again...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally use GiantBomb.com for achievement tracking (all the former GameSpot employees that run the site are obsessed with achievements, and their tracking system is cool), and xbox360achievments.org for achievement guides and help. I've pretty much been addicted to achievements since I bought my 360 three months after launch. They're a great way to get more out of a game, and sometimes feel a huge sense of accomplishment.

If we ever have like games in the future, Sully, I'll shoot you an invite for achievement help.

While we're on the subject, anybody not beaten the recent XBLA Castlevania game? I played it for a day when it first released and haven't touched it since. Still need to beat it and get most of the achievements.

Also, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light online co-op is finally up. I still need to play through that if anyone else wants to.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
DPooch  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an account on there, which really fueled my achievement whoring fire. Now that I'm hooked up to Live almost never because my computer's wireless receiver got busted and I had to move the ethernet cable from the computer to the Xbox because my mom's constantly on Facebook and I don't feel like swapping it constantly.
I don't like to play even single player when I'm not hooked up to Live, I don't know why. I usually just join parties and talk to people which makes stuff less boring.
Anyways, it is a really cool site, I love the completion percentage aspect and stuff. I've been trying to get that up slowly. I'll never be able to get 100% since they canceled 1v100.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i'm nowhere near an achievement whore. I have a little over 10k gamerscore after nearly 3 years with my 360. The only games i've ever tried for achievements in are rhythm games and Oblivion, thats it XD. Signed up for the site, interesting to compare what i've earned to others.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up last night to see what it's like, and I have to say that it's pretty cool.

My highest ratio for an achievement is 8.36 (Living Legends, TA 627). When I organize my achievements by ratio, the entire first page and a half are from music games.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very interesting.

Also, my highest rated non-rhythm game achievement is in Sneak King. OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: