ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trueachievements.com, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Anyway, I've really been slacking on my achievement whoring lately, better catch up on a few games. Especially Assassin's Creed Revelations in time for AC3...

I'm missing most of the ACR multiplayer achievements (well, about half of them) so if you plan on doing anything with those, message me on XBL please I also need to go through and get the non-story-related achievements for the Lost Archive.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

After reading the reddit comments on this subject on Friday I'm fairly certain in my assessment that gamers are some of the most entitled asshat customers you can have. I get the "M$ is bad" circlejerk to an extent, but look at who they're working with here. Give gamers something for free, albiet small, and they'll still complain...

Because asking for more than a quarter a year is making us SUCH asshats!!

Right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

After reading the reddit comments on this subject on Friday I'm fairly certain in my assessment that gamers are some of the most entitled asshat customers you can have. I get the "M$ is bad" circlejerk to an extent, but look at who they're working with here. Give gamers something for free, albiet small, and they'll still complain...

Because asking for more than a quarter a year is making us SUCH asshats!!

Right.

Hey you get 2% back on your one 80msp RBN song that you buy each month as well!

That's all of 19.2msp back a year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I implied I was referring to anyone in particular on ScoreHero, because I wasn't. I just think it's funny how gamers in general complain about everything, even when it's free.

My point is, before this rewards system, we were perfectly content to increase gamerscore because it's fun. So when they add a small reward for doing so, fuck them because we wanted more! What? We didn't want anything or know we wanted anything for our gamerscore until this extra bonus was even mentioned, so why are people acting like they are entitled to more? I just don't get it.

Like I said, 25 cents a year isn't a great INCENTIVE for increasing gamerscore, so if the intent was to incentivize playing a lot of games for higher gamerscore in that respect they failed. But, it is a little strange to see so much crying over this on the internet in general.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Sorry if I implied I was referring to anyone in particular on ScoreHero, because I wasn't. I just think it's funny how gamers in general complain about everything, even when it's free.

My point is, before this rewards system, we were perfectly content to increase gamerscore because it's fun. So when they add a small reward for doing so, fuck them because we wanted more! What? We didn't want anything or know we wanted anything for our gamerscore until this extra bonus was even mentioned, so why are people acting like they are entitled to more? I just don't get it.

Like I said, 25 cents a year isn't a great INCENTIVE for increasing gamerscore, so if the intent was to incentivize playing a lot of games for higher gamerscore in that respect they failed. But, it is a little strange to see so much crying over this on the internet in general.

I think that you're mistaking people mocking Microsoft for people being angry at them. I wasn't asking for more or being angry at them for creating it in the first place- I was pointing out how immaterial and pointless the system was. Why spend the money to create and market something that ultimately has just shy of a net zero effect for those that enter it? The whole thing reeks of somebody important needing to justify a paycheck.

Also, saying "sorry if I implied I was referring to anyone in particular on ScoreHero" would hold more weight if you hadn't quoted and then directly replied to several people that were using specific examples of what you spent several paragraphs deriding. It's akin to somebody saying, "You're a great person, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but..." Using that kind of qualifier doesn't give you carte blanche to say whatever you want after it.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: