ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Old School H-UBERLIST: Welcome Preb (*gulp*)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will concede that Round And Round probably has more technically difficult sections than anything in Play With Me, but I believe that Play With Me has more of the difficult sections than Round And Round, and those difficult sections aren't too far off from the most difficult section in Round And Round. I do think they are right next to each other in terms of FC difficulty though, so I guess it really does depend on one's personal skill set to determine which one is harder.

I guess I'll stop pressing the issue and let it be, it's too close to call one way or the other. I do consider Ain't Nothing But A Good Time to be the most difficult FC in the game (solo d is a choke fest for more). This is why I am working on getting that FC before Electric Eye. I don't want to save the hardest for last. Once I do finally get the FGFC, it's back to GH2 for me. I'll work on the one FC I don't have that isn't on the list first (Six), then work on the one's on the list (FoP, TLTB, Misirlou). If I somehow can manage to get GH2-Trogdor, I might actually try and get swap magic and find out how terrible I really am at strumming (Misirlou is the only song in the entire series I can't consistently 5* on Expert other than Spanish Fly and Eruption).

One last thing I want to mention is that I still believe that BatM is noticeably harder than CFH to FC, even though they are about the same difficulty in terms of just getting 100%, not overstrumming the BatM solo is a lot harder than not overstrumming CFH. If that substitution is made I will be totally happy with this list.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song I'm pretty sure is on the list, so here's my proof. I stopped choking on the solo when I used the hopos for solo c, but strummed through solo d. Kind of upset that I missed 600 points I could've gotten, but I still have to redux the rest of the game before I worry about that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was easier than I thought it was going to be. The key for me was to add a few extra strums in the solo in case I fretted too early. I'm happy with the score too. So now I have 2 FGFC's!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not overstrumming on this song was Hell. I can't believe I knocked out these 3 FC's in such a short amount of time!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good job there !!

Damn, i wanted to give it a try, so i went to see what FotW looked like on hard -__________- very same outro as expert. Missed the trill all the time. I don't know its speed, i can't use the hopo in it.... and eventually got a nice 100% overstrum -_____________________________- wasted an HOUR, and my hands are now cold as ice.

Turned the ps2 off before throwing something.

You won't have anything to update for me in this thread in a long time (if ever), i'm desastrous as guitar.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I do the trill in FotW is anchor red with my middle finger (position 1), and use the first four hopos (just hit yellow twice), then I strum the rest of the trill starting with a downstrum so that I am downstrumming the higher notes (red), and consequently upstrumming the lower notes (green).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive progress, Dave! I guess I ought to go ahead and add myself to the mix.

For the FotW trill, I just keep in mind how many notes there are (11), how many note per trill (5 for the RY, 6 for the GR, and be sure to strum the non-HO/PO red. May seem hard, but It's probably simpler than you think.

EDIT: Just made a New School version. I guess I'm testing the waters here, but please don't forget to join that one, as well!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost just FC'd The Light That Blinds on Expert!?! I missed 3 notes in intro a, 1 note in intro b (which I can usually FC), and 1 note in bridge 2 (had a brain fart choke).

Back on topic: I noticed that you have my name on the list in two places (second from the top, and at the bottom). The correct location for me is second from the top, so the other quote can be deleted. Also, this is minor, but you spelled my name Dave0113, instead of dave0113.

Also, I think you should definitely join the rivalry now void. I think even if you get close to winning, it will take a long time for anyone to actually win, because Misirlou and TTFAF (and possibly Texas Flood) are in another league from all of the other songs on the list. I personally am not even close to FC'ing either of those songs.

One last thing I will add (even though it is not currently on the list) is that I still can't hit the solo in Six . I tried for about 40 minutes today, and couldn't even get one FC of the solo. I want to know if anyone who has actually FC'd either of those songs truly believes that Fall Of Pangaea is harder, because I'm not buying it. Also, if anyone has FC'd Six, please help me, that solo destroys me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I must've forgotten to change one. My bad.

Yeah, I've had a couple of farts in TLTB on Expert, but I do think I can FC it.

About me joining, the only song that really stands in my way is FoP. Once I get that, there's only 2 songs left, and I know one won't be there for long. One might be a problem, though...

For Six, even if Six's solo is faster, FoP's is arguably more complex, and it also has strums in the middle, which is absolutely destroying me.

Anyways:

232312341234143214321, with the green being held down after the 2nd GRYB ascend.

Or from 2nd:

That'd kinda be what I'd use. I can't remember my exact fingering, though.

(Its too late tonight, so I don't want to bother with placing the numbers properly.)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to each be struggling with the opposite song. I FC'd past the FoP solo three times today, but kept forgetting that the last red note of the star power phrase that crosses from chorus 2 to speed up is a strum and not a hopo. I literally missed there all three times. I just got mad and started playing some Expert after that. On Expert I actually FC'd FoP the first time I FC'd past solo 1d.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. Sadly enough, i came up with that already : 11 notes in position 1, RYRYR RGRGR G , and i even tried to only strum the second half of it... but i just flat out failed at executing that. I think i'm going way too slow, because the first half of the trill didn't work at all when i wanted to use the ho-po

I guess i'll have to try over and over again, but i can't believe it took me SUCH A SHORT time to get it on expert ughh... And i can totally see myself choking on the (YO) chords ah well >=(
suparanger12  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, can I join in on this? It would give me a good reason to start playing Gh1-GH 80s again
[X] Operation Ground and Pound 628k
[X] Revolution Deathsquad 560k
[X] Fury of the Storm 499k
[X] top 250 on GHWoR Xbox 360
[X] top 150 on GHWoR Xbox360 (138 as of 03/06/2014)
my new accomplishments thread
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105105
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Sadly enough, i came up with that already : 11 notes in position 1, RYRYR RGRGR G , and i even tried to only strum the second half of it... but i just flat out failed at executing that. I think i'm going way too slow, because the first half of the trill didn't work at all when i wanted to use the ho-po

I guess i'll have to try over and over again, but i can't believe it took me SUCH A SHORT time to get it on expert ughh... And i can totally see myself choking on the (YO) chords ah well >=(

You're welcome, and I agree that you're going to slow. That's probably why I kept missing, as well.

Superanger: Sure, go ahead, though I'd like you to post what FCs you have from the list, to save time.

suparanger12  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be close to a Ain't nothin but a good time fc but out of that list I don't have any (I don't play on hard very often)

I'm gonna go work on 80s first, I'm closer to fcing those songs than on GH1 or 3...
[X] Operation Ground and Pound 628k
[X] Revolution Deathsquad 560k
[X] Fury of the Storm 499k
[X] top 250 on GHWoR Xbox 360
[X] top 150 on GHWoR Xbox360 (138 as of 03/06/2014)
my new accomplishments thread
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105105
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take another crack at FoP today, but probably won't have more than 30 minutes to play, so I may or may not get it.
Also, I uploaded my Light That Blinds FC to YouTube if you guys want to see it. I included the sound of my strumming, so that might be helpful to some of you for solo b. Here's the link:
The Light That Blinds Hard FC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: