ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ATTN: People with double bass and a trampoline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: ATTN: People with double bass and a trampoline Reply with quote

So today I was jumping around on the trampoline we have in our garden, quite intensively for about 30 mins. (actually this happened about a month ago, but only now could I get to making it (read: I was too damn lazy). Anyhow, after jumping and getting tired and making flips (forward flip, backward is lolawkward and so-totally-NOT-doing-that), I went back into the house and started doing some X+ songs. I noticed that I was way quicker with my double bass. As it turned out, the trampoline really warmed me up great. I could almost get to the speed of, like, On Broken Glass and such.

Did anybody try this? (*hint hint* go try it!) It was really cool not having as much trouble with some quicker parts.

(I usually don't really warm up my feet much, since warming up when playing heel-down, in my experience, only tires me out.)

So anyway: Comments, thoughs, experiences plox? =)

EDIT: Woot post 800.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard calf exercices (Using a step and like 100-200 reps) is GREAT to warm-up train for double bass.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw this, I clicked on it thinking double bass as in the instrument, and there was going to be someone trying to play a double bass on a trampoline or something.

But seriously, this sounds like a brilliant idea, when I get my new drum controller, I'm going to get a trampoline to go with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I sit down, I move my legs in a double bass motion and have for at least 6-7 years. Im really fidgety. So when I actually got double bass I coud pretty much do Beast and the Harlot speeds, and with a bit more practice I got up to Raining Blood speeds. Im moving my legs right now actually, I always do. Being restless is great xD

Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, but I really didn't intend this topic to be about how to warm up your leg muscles for double bass. The input is appreciated, but I'm mostly looking for responses on the trampoline thing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adstermoore wrote:
When I saw this, I clicked on it thinking double bass as in the instrument, and there was going to be someone trying to play a double bass on a trampoline or something.

But seriously, this sounds like a brilliant idea, when I get my new drum controller, I'm going to get a trampoline to go with it.

LMFAO. Like a contrabass? On a trampoline?

On-topic: OP you should try jumping on a bed or couch to see if it has the same effect, since almost everyone has one (I would test it but I actually do NOT have one lol.)

Also lol at people warming up for videogames by jumping on their bed. I feel 6 (and love it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: