ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH:WoR Vox FC Breakdown Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: The GH:WoR Vox FC Breakdown Thread Reply with quote

Alright, so I thought that after my experience with the on-disc songs, I'd have a go and see if I could make an FC breakdown for them. The descriptions may sound like a broken record, but it helps to distinguish how one FC could be harder than another at least from what I experienced.

Here's what I managed to get down:

1) 2112 Part 7: Grand Finale (all talkies)
2) If You Want Peace, Prepare for War
3) Nemesis
4) Deadfall
5) Bloodlines (highest phrase count of the all talkie songs)
6) 2112 Part 1: Overture (straight pitches mostly)
7) Ravenous (mostly talkies, simple chorus)
8) Psychosocial (mostly talkies, pitches in chorus are a little more complex than the previous entry)
9) Bleed It Out (not many pitches to learn tho)
10) Dancing Through Sunday (fair amount of talkies, phrases are simple to hit if you're prepared)
11) Bodies (mostly talkies, interesting pitches tho)
12) Chemical Warfare (mostly talkies, but has some fiddly pitches in places)
13) Hard to See (little variety in pitched phrases, plus a small amount of talkies)
14) No Way Back (simple pitches, leniant room)
15) Interstate Love Song (another one with a big margin, though with slightly more complex pitches)
16) Black Rain (large margin here; it's only hard if you attempt it in the original octave o_O)
17) We're Not Gonna Take It (very little variation at all, plus some final choruses are swapped for talkies)
18) Seven Nation Army (another song with very little variation)
19) Listen to Her Heart (straightforward song with little variation)
20) Burnin' For You (another one with little variation, along with some long notes with a big margin for error)
21) 2112 Part 2: The Temples of Syrinx (only difficult if you attempt it in the original octave)
22) Uprising (only hard part is the verses)
23) I'm Broken (talkies for the most part, but the few pitched phrases are trickier to learn and figure out)
24) Slow Hands (little variation, though its pitches makes it trickier to learn than the previous few songs down)
25) Self Esteem (tricky structure for an Offspring song, but no real wtf moments here)
26) Rockin' in the Free World (some dead air + locked in the same key throughout = nothing too difficult)
27) Call Me the Breeze (verses are generally simple to learn, some subtle variations in later ones tho)
28) Ties That Bind (nothing too different in the verses and choruses; if anything, you just need iron lungs for the selection of longer notes here)
29) Machinehead (not much note variation, though the verses are slightly different from each other, and the choruses definitely are)
30) Losing My Religion (locked in a specific safe range for most of the song)
31) Theme From Spiderman (some of the pitches may be fiddly but there's generally nothing to really get caught out on other than at the ending)
32) Children of the Grave (three verses, only slightly different from each other; the first is most chokable out of the lot tho)
33) Modern Day Cowboy (not a lot of variation here either, but there's still a fair amount to learn in a verse and chorus combination if you're going after the FC)
34) 2112 Part 5: Oracle ~ The Dream (a more structured part which has a tricky bridge and ending)
35) I'm Not OK (I Promise) (not a lot of variation and the margin is still wide, though breathing room is very small)
36) 2112 Part 3: Discovery (it's like 3 mini-songs here, all with a wide margin)
37) Burn (dead space + some fiddly phrases + some long ones = not too bad)
38) (You Can Still) Rock in America (slightly trickier to perform than the previous entry)
39) No More Mr Nice Guy (only the slides make this one a tricky one to FC, especially that last one)
40) I Know What I Am (no drastic differences in pitchings, though it can be strict in parts)
41) Sharp Dressed Man (very subtle variation, not a lot tho)
42) Ghost (only awkwardly hard part is the ending)
43) Love Gun (some variation in the choruses, nothing too difficult)
44) Again (slow moving chart that's simple to learn, at the cost of no breaks)
45) The Feel Good Drag (safe pitches for the most part again, and a big margin for error too)
46) Cherry Bomb (see above but with slightly trickier pitched phrases and more of them)
47) Scumbag Blues (kinda weird to learn due to the song nature, but there's still a big margin for error)
48) Lunatic Fringe (long intro plus some subtle verse variations)
49) Free Ride (tight margin, but nothing too difficult to learn outside from the lead into the last chorus)
50) 2112 Part 6: Soliloquy (only the high phrases prior to the solo may be a problem)
51) Tick Tick Boom (some slightly off-pitch phrases along with strict choruses makes this slightly challenging to pull off)
52) Get Free (second verse and the bridge might catch you out; even at that the choruses have little room for error)
53) How You Remind Me (watch out for the chorus tailends and that last chorus in particular)
54) Paranoid (only hard part is the warble after the second verse)
55) It's Only Another Parsec... (subtle verse variations and an unconventional structure makes it kinda awkward to learn at first, but it's one of those that should be fine to execute nevertheless)
56) Fury of the Storm (fast moving chart makes this semi-tricky to perform if anything else)
57) Unskinny Bop (verses take some control to get, which makes this slightly tricky to perform)
58) Motivation (the bridge might catch one out if anything)
59) Suffocated (stays true to its name by being straight singing that's tricky to figure out in the beginning)
60) Re-Ignition (lol randomness in the verses - can be a pain to get done right for that reason)
61) Waidmanns Heil (picky verses that could've been talkies here, but not as bad as some later songs)
62) There's No Secrets This Year (locked in one octave mostly, but the margin for error is quite tight)
63) Lasso (little variation again, but can be strict all around)
64) Aqualung (the only real hard parts when learning is the "do you still remember..." section and some of the warbles prior to the solo)
65) - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due (long song + rhapsodic style nature = kinda tricky to confine to memory at first, though arguably it's the easiest of the Megadeth songs to execute once learnt)
66) Renegade (the riffs are similar to each other, but the second verse and ending are what one should be looking out for here)
67) Fortunate Son (not much variation, but the margin is still tight)
68) Dance, Dance (tricky one to perform out of strictness, but there's generally not much variation outside of the intensity for the ending)
69) What Do I Get (choruses and the third verse makes this tricky to perform, if anything)
70) Calling (barely any room to breathe in this one; margin is generally pretty big outside from the verses and ending tho)
71) Feels Like the First Time (watch out for the slow part and the ending)
72) Cryin' (a difficult one to initially learn due to Steven Tyler's voice range, not to mention how tough the ending could get, but it's one that can be performed well without hassle later)
73) Savior (surprising amount to remember for a Rise Against song, though luckily enough the variation in the choruses is very little)
74) Bat Country (very little room to breathe throughout! watch out for your lungs on this one)
75) Sudden Death (easiest of the Megadeth songs to learn, though trickier to execute; only real wtf moment is approaching the end of the first verse but your mileage may vary)
76) Fascination Street (chore to FC due to 2 minute dead air intro and awkwardly pitched phrases; pray you don't choke!)
77) Move It On Over (some odd verse variations + dead air = pain to get)
78) Money for Nothing (slightly easier than Sultans of Swing in GH5, but it's still a pain to figure out the sparodic pitches that are hidden amongst the talkies)
79) Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants (the low notes makes them difficult to decipher at first, and at least the choruses are easy to confine to memory; still surprisingly tricky)
80) Indians (watch out for the breakdown and last chorus; even at that, the fast moving bridges have a tight margin outside of their respective long "reservation" lines)
81) Graduate (not as packed as other Third Eye Blind songs in the past, but there's still a lot of variation to confine to memory here)
82) Been Caught Stealing (surprising amount to remember for a Jane's Addiction song; enough pause room to make it manageable tho)
83) Jet City Woman (not one verse is the same here, though the room is a little leniant here)
84) The Outsider (not one verse or bridge is the exact same, so expect a LOT of variation and small margins for error if you want to go for it)
85) Pour Some Sugar On Me (fast moving verses and insane chorus memory means that it's a tricky one to confine and execute)
86) Wish (verses are differently pitched out and makes it tricky to pull off, though luckily there's a lot of dead air)
87) 2112 Part 4: Presentaiton (verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure, but the vast differences makes this a picky one to FC)
88) Stray Cat Blues (once again, Mick Jagger had proven himself to be a pain in the ass >_>)
89) Bohemian Rhapsody (keep steady on the opera section. That's all I gotta say here)
90) Tones of Home (this game's equivalent to "Semi-Charmed Life" - little breathroom all around makes it an awkward one to get done just right, and prone to lose concentration by the time the scatting comes in)
91) This Day We Fight! (this is all a big game of "guess the pitch"!! extremely tricky to learn and pull off by all accounts)

The last two songs are EXTREMELY DEBATABLE depending on what you personally experience as a vocalist. Random notes with breaks to try and figure out to learn, or 4 minutes of constant singing? You take your pick.

If anyone disagrees with any of the song placements, then give me a shout and I'll see if I could put them up for debate somehow. Like Lee's great breakdown for GH5, I would like this to be a community effort

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:29 pm; edited 15 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the "essential treble" (do you still remember that, by any chance?) ending up figuring as the three hardest in the game, because that makes me feel like I *DO* know what I'm doing.

After spending the same ammount of time on both Tones of Home and This Day We Fight!, I take back the hasty statement I gave on one of your streams - the latter not only is really the hardest FC in the game, but also a strong candidate for the "award" of worst vocal chart in GH history.

It's not a case of coherently charting of Mustaine's singing. He's pretty much growling. Take out the choruses and the outro, and you'll have a sensation of playing a random chart, with Megadeth's song "This Day We Fight!" playing as background music. I had a horror show trying to learn one of those verses

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I wanted to switch a couple songs, but almost all the songs are really easy.

I'm broken however, I still haven't FC'd it.
You can't really find the pitches.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel in regards to "I'm Broken" (how appropriate lol); while i got it on my first go, re-doing it for video decently was another issue. I've managed to bump it up just a little bit as a result.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Day We Fight is NOT the hardest song in the game, not even by a long shot. It's short and doesn't have a whole lot of phrases. I got my full game fc on saturday and Tones of Home took SO much more time than any other song in this game to fc and This Day We Fight is not that hard to fc once you sit down and try to go for the FC.

Other things that I noted:

Cherry Bomb is wayyyy to high. That song deserves the 6 rating, the moaning part alone makes it tricky.

No More Mr. Nice Guy is too low. It's not an easy fc, but still too low.

Aqualung should be way more down! You and I know the song in and out, but for a person not familiar with the song, it's hard to learn. The short phrases and fast part in the middle don't help either. ;-)

Re-Ignition is NOT random! I actually only needed three tries and a short break in practise mode to learn the 6 bridge phrases. Move it up in the list.

Pour Some Sugar on me should also moved upwards. It's fast but not THAT hard to be top 5. Not at all.

Money For Nothing should be top 10 based on harmonies and Knopflers strange singing voice alone. >_>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
This Day We Fight is NOT the hardest song in the game, not even by a long shot. It's short and doesn't have a whole lot of phrases. I got my full game fc on saturday and Tones of Home took SO much more time than any other song in this game to fc and This Day We Fight is not that hard to fc once you sit down and try to go for the FC.

But what about having to *guess* the pitches, something that doesn't happen on ToH? Of course, when you get down that terrible chart, it's another thing, but TDWF is a torture to learn.

However, it's all that subjective hell we all know from the GH:SH times, right?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yes. I remember the debate about Back in the Saddle. :-P I still stay by my point. If you give a person that doesn't know either song (like me) the game and tell them to fc both songs, that person would need WAY more time for Tones of Home. And to be honest, *guessing* the pitches like you call it, is the same as *guessing* the harmony that is charted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
Haha, yes. I remember the debate about Back in the Saddle. :-P I still stay by my point. If you give a person that doesn't know either song (like me) the game and tell them to fc both songs, that person would need WAY more time for Tones of Home. And to be honest, *guessing* the pitches like you call it, is the same as *guessing* the harmony that is charted.

i disagree, i knew TDWF better than tones of home going into the game, and tones still didnt take me as long to FC as TDWF. that chart is the biggest load of bullshit NS have ever thrown at us, and if it were on an earlier engine, god knows how hard it would be to FC.

in other news...

i think savior is wayy too high, i sightread FCd it, and i think id swap it with sudden death, which for me is too low.

cherry bomb should be higher i think, its got a few odd phrases here and there

i think paranoid and holy wars are too high as well.

and id put unskinny bop up a bit

but other than that, you did a really good job with this, really good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss, you seem to be the only person I know that thinks that "Sudden Death" is one of the hardest songs in the game.
But nevertheless, I've managed to take your guys criticisms to heart (no idea where the hell I went with "Cherry Bomb" as I got that on sightread >_>) and tweaked the list slightly.

boss1592  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Boss, you seem to be the only person I know that thinks that "Sudden Death" is one of the hardest songs in the game.
But nevertheless, I've managed to take your guys criticisms to heart (no idea where the hell I went with "Cherry Bomb" as I got that on sightread >_>) and tweaked the list slightly.

i think parz agreed with me on sudden death as well. i dont think its one of the absolute hardest in the game, but i think it definately should be higher, in my opinion at least. its not that bad once you get it down, but its a total bitch to learn imo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Lupo13  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
Money For Nothing should be top 10 based on harmonies and Knopflers strange singing voice alone. >_>

StormEagle wrote:
based on harmonies

StormEagle wrote:
harmonies

StormEagle wrote:
HARMONIES

That... Exactly. God, I hate Sting for that.

Otherwise, great job!! I'm not a l33t vocalist and I still haven't tried most of the songs (have to study and stuff), so I can't give an opinion on anything... But I'll try to go through the songs in that order. When I finish (next year or so xD) I'll see if there is anything I don't agree with.

Ciao!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, "Money for Nothing" - another one I felt unsure about. I was sure that was top 10 material when initially putting the list together, though there were one or two people I know that didn't seem so sure on it. Either way, I'll bring it up slightly higher in the list - I know quite a few people that hate it >_>

kire  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chart for TDWF isn't bad. Period

you guys just have to lear the song better, I knew the song very well and fc'd it in 2 tries

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
The chart for TDWF isn't bad. Period

you guys just have to lear the song better, I knew the song very well and fc'd it in 2 tries

And sultans of swing's chart is bad as well! /joke

Tones of home should be higher though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, all in all, looks like I'm a vocal nub, whatever is the way how I spin things, even if I compare the time taken for at least a technical FC, so at least it could be valid for me.

I do know it's been valid for a bunch of Wii vocalists, but is there any plea in nearly starting out a pressure against those who loathe the TDWF chart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: