ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH:WoR Vox FC Breakdown Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
I'm just gonna say that Wish, Been Caught Stealing and Setting Fire... shouldn't be that high.
Wish is a simpler equivalent of They're Red Hot on RB, which is ridiculously manageable within a run through. Yes, Trent has a retarded voice that fluctuated between screaming and singing, but Wish is not THAT hard.
Been Caught Stealing had a pretty small range when I sung it :l I dunno whether that's because I'm abusing octaves or something (seeing as though I am a very low octave singer with no falsetto) but I feel that songs like Unskinny Bop, Modern Day Cowboy, I Know What I Am and Reignition are much harder.
And I don't thing Setting Fire really warrants that space, the pitched phrases are quite weird, but there just isn't that many of them. Again, it might be my familiarity with manipulating the kind of octave that Greg Puciato works in, but I think Setting Fire belongs no higher than 40 at a push.

Stuff I think should be moved up:
Unskinny Bop- that first phrase is a killer, and there are plenty more like it. The choruses are quite easy, but they are very hard to find and the don't have much leniancy in my opinion.
I Know What I Am- The bits where you dip down really low are a real combo breaker for me unless I start octave switching and then switching back for the next phrase which is really difficult. Anyone else with this problem?
Reignition- This song is lunacy. The only bits I can even got close to hitting is the bit with "We love to make you overstand" The rest is just so hard to find, it's on par with TDWF for mischarted talkies for me,
Ghost- Even with the added practice from the demo, I still struggle to 5* this. Thepitches are all very slidey, and you don't really realise you're not hitting it til it's too late.

Hope this input is actually right in any way XD

+1!
However I don't feel the same way about Been caught stealing.
It just sounds/feels so f*cking random.
Just like TDWF.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair Joe, you seem like the only person other than me that thought that "Re-Ignition" was remarkably difficult

Still, not sure about your thoughts for "Wish" as for the higher sets of songs I looked namely at songs that would be difficult to learn more than execute due to the leniancy, or "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants" for that matter (seriously, it took me longer to get done right than "Fury of the Storm" at least >_>), but I'll take a look and revise the list accordingly. I definitely agree on "Ghost" though, don't know what the hell I was thinking

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
To be fair Joe, you seem like the only person other than me that thought that "Re-Ignition" was remarkably difficult

I just said that as well...
But I guess i'm not a person...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're not the only ones.

Re-Ignition is a clusterfuck, it kicked my ass when I sang it. It doesn't seem to have singing pattern at all, showing how awkward a live performance can be.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Wooffus wrote:

Apparently neither am I...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
Wooffus wrote:

Apparently neither am I...

Could we get a Not a person banner please?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I explained it to Were over IRC; I just wasn't paying attention.
You ARE people, otherwise you won't be sitting here typing right now

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
+1!
Just like TDWF.

Say what? Been Caught Stealing is tricky for being very picky. Mostly short phrases scattered around. But there's no song that gives you the same sensation as "This Day We Fight!", which is - on the verses - pretty much a random vocal chart with the aforementioned song on the background.

Give the song a few listens, it isn't that bad. You'll see. I knew BCS for 6 years (GTA: San Andreas FTW), but I'm sure no one needs this much to get the hang of the tune

Also, I'm Broken is like a puppy to This Day We Fight!, but I wouldn't consider it a material worthy of anywhere in the top half. The "pitches" in themselves are really repetitive, and there are still a lot of talkies on the song, some are on the pitched phrases to aid. And at least these "natural pitches" are audible somehow, unlike on the Megadeth song.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the hell does scoring work in this game!?
I FC'd Interstate Love Song 5 times in a row on vocals, and my last set of activations was the best, but with the lowest score

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
I FC'd Interstate Love Song 5 times in a row on vocals, and my last set of activations was the best, but with the lowest score

A little off-topic, but still it doesn't hurt if I explain. The more accurate you are on the phrases, the more points you get. It's been like that since GH5/BH

And make sure you activate in the end of the phrase, the squeezing here isn't like on RB.

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
+1!
Just like TDWF.

Say what? Been Caught Stealing is tricky for being very picky. Mostly short phrases scattered around. But there's no song that gives you the same sensation as "This Day We Fight!", which is - on the verses - pretty much a random vocal chart with the aforementioned song on the background.

Give the song a few listens, it isn't that bad. You'll see. I knew BCS for 6 years (GTA: San Andreas FTW), but I'm sure no one needs this much to get the hang of the tune

Also, I'm Broken is like a puppy to This Day We Fight!, but I wouldn't consider it a material worthy of anywhere in the top half. The "pitches" in themselves are really repetitive, and there are still a lot of talkies on the song, some are on the pitched phrases to aid. And at least these "natural pitches" are audible somehow, unlike on the Megadeth song.

He said BCS wasn't hard and I didn't agree.

And you're right I'm broken is kinda broken
Also now that I've FC'd TDWF I must say: Harder than Bohemian Rhapsody BY FAAAARR!
That god it's not 5 minutes of that crap, otherwise I would even began doing that crap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

A little off-topic, but still it doesn't hurt if I explain. The more accurate you are on the phrases, the more points you get. It's been like that since GH5/BH

And make sure you activate in the end of the phrase, the squeezing here isn't like on RB.

Oh the activating makes more sense. I haven't sung much on any of the other games because of the sheer difficulty, but on this one I can FC a lot of songs on expert no problem. I was really accurate with my last run, but I activated really early in the phrase which is why my score must have been lower.
Sorry for the off topic.

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
tidus wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

Oh the activating makes more sense. I haven't sung much on any of the other games because of the sheer difficulty, but on this one I can FC a lot of songs on expert no problem. I was really accurate with my last run, but I activated really early in the phrase which is why my score must have been lower.
Sorry for the off topic.

No problem, I'm glad to be helping, if anything.

yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I got a 360...

and This Day We Fight is fucking ridiculous. I never could have imagined how different it would be than on Wii, and tbh I feel like an asshole now for mocking its difficulty when I was playing on Wii ._.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: