ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Framingham, MA SAT 10/09/10 Guitar Hero Warriors 3pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Framingham, MA SAT 10/09/10 Guitar Hero Warriors 3pm Reply with quote

Framingham, MA SAT 10/09/10 Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Tournament 3pm!

Where: Game Underground 1251 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701

When: 10/09/10 3pm

Age Limit: All Ages!

System: XBOX 360.

Instruments: Guitar

Admission Fee: $10 per person

Tournament Format:

Everyone will play the same 1 song chosen by GU Staff to determine seeding by Score.

Pro Face-Off Double Elimination

Each Match is Best 2 out of 3 Songs

The Player on the top of the Bracket can choose to pick which side he is on or pick the first song. The first song is then played.

The Second Player then picks the second song.

In the event that each player wins a match a third song will be chosen at Random using Random.org song must be at least 3rd Tier in difficulty.

No DLC... there will be some there for freeplay but not in the Tournaments.

Tournament will take place on XBOX 360 console. Bring your own guitar controller.

You may look up star power (overdrive) paths before the match starts but you are not allowed to have a sheet out in front of you during the match.

Prizes: CASH Prizes
50% of Entrance Fees 1st Place
30% 2nd Place
20% 3rd Place
Store Takes 20% Venue Fee out of main pot

We have TONS of video games for all systems for sale so there will be plenty to pick from if you win!

II: Contact Information

Phone Number: 508 283-1503

E-mail Address: Please Call or message on Facebook

Please bring your own Guitar!!!! This is HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (almost required)

There will also be a Rock Band 3 Full Band Tournament on 11/06/10
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M THERE!!!

There's no way I'm missing this one like I missed the last RB2 tournament! Especially since this will be a new game, it should make the competition even fiercer! Of course, we'll definitely be having our post-tourney trip to Papa Gino's just down the street, and everyone's welcome to join!

Let's really try to spread this around to everyone online! These are really some of the most fun tournaments to go to, and unlike way too many tournaments I've been too, these actually know a lot about the game and how a tournament SHOULD be run. Trust me when I say that you'll have a good time!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with the RB3 tourney, I hope I can get this day off. Last time was fun. Only problem is the lack of a guitar controller.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
eddaket  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES. I didn't even read the topic yet, but that's my answer as to whether or not I'm going.

*reads*

WoR fuck yeah.
Gaara72  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have SAT's that day but I'll try to do everything within my power to get there, which means I probably will be there. GH:RAWR is gonna rock!

I can has accomp thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xXgaara72Xx
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of recent events I think there should be a second tourney with random gems turned on.

Please.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumped for this!! And I agree with the random gems, but I think the mirror mode thing looks like more fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me, alec, sam, robby, and andy are all coming... you guys know andy as lspag or something like that me and alec were the ppl in hellashes band a while ago haha

GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are also having 2 other events this day at GU as well so maybe you guys will show up early and enter!!!

12p Air Hockey Tournament $5
1p NBA Jam Tournament 2v2 $10 a Team You can play with just 1 player but it's still $10. This is on the new XBOX 360 version that is coming out.

3p Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock
eddaket  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may go for the Air Hockey tournament, but NBA Jam? Definitely not. I haven't played a basketball video game since my friend and I used to play Alley-Oop only games in NBA 2k5. Hell, I may go early just to watch. I don't do much on weekends anyways.

EDIT: Horsecock. I have a family thing that weekend because it is Columbus Day. No GH Tourny for me :<

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there, but I may be a bit late. I'll probably get out of work at 2PM and just head straight there. Only problem now is the guitar... I don't have a 360.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
I may go for the Air Hockey tournament, but NBA Jam? Definitely not. I haven't played a basketball video game since my friend and I used to play Alley-Oop only games in NBA 2k5. Hell, I may go early just to watch. I don't do much on weekends anyways.

EDIT: Horsecock. I have a family thing that weekend because it is Columbus Day. No GH Tourny for me :<

Horsecock indeed. That blows since I haven't seen you since PAX East, and that was only for just a little bit. I'm pretty pumped for the air hockey tournament actually. Never been in a game tournament that wasn't GH or RB, so it should be fun. There's a good chance that my brother will be hanging out down at my college for that weekend, which is only a 15 minute drive from the place, so he'll probably be joining us too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: TOTALLY COMING Reply with quote

Brock, ur not gonna beat me this time
i'm whipping out my secret weapon, my GH5 guitar!
also i'm bringing my lag-free tv, because last time, it was fucking rediculous.
should i bring my ions?

GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I may not be going to this one but no big deal because it would have been my first time playing the game anyway. Have fun without me guys, if that's possible.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
Alright, I may not be going to this one but no big deal because it would have been my first time playing the game anyway. Have fun without me guys, if that's possible.

I definiely won't be able to. I was looking so0o0o forward to this, but finances are getting in the way and I have work then. Damn, I was really excited for this!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: