ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 2 Constructive Criticism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y0tube  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I really don't understand this either. I was gonna make a separate post about it yesterday but yeah basically, I don't quite understand how the scoring works, specifically with what you're talking about. Sometimes I will fc a section that has no freestyles in it and will end up with like.. 95% or sometimes I will miss a note and still hit 100%. wtf? I dont get it
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y0tube wrote:
^ I really don't understand this either. I was gonna make a separate post about it yesterday but yeah basically, I don't quite understand how the scoring works, specifically with what you're talking about. Sometimes I will fc a section that has no freestyles in it and will end up with like.. 95% or sometimes I will miss a note and still hit 100%. wtf? I dont get it

This is usually due to freestyle sections. Turns out that even the effects knob seems to have some kind of effect on your percentage at the end of a checkpoint. Timing is taken into consideration too, but that's when you'll see a + at the end of a checkpoint if both players tie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:

This is usually due to freestyle sections. Turns out that even the effects knob seems to have some kind of effect on your percentage at the end of a checkpoint. Timing is taken into consideration too, but that's when you'll see a + at the end of a checkpoint if both players tie.

I understand that. But I don't know... because I'm pretty sure I've come across sections where I score perfectly and still get less than 100%. Cross fade squeezing doesn't exist anymore right?
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y0tube wrote:
mDaWg wrote:

I understand that. But I don't know... because I'm pretty sure I've come across sections where I score perfectly and still get less than 100%. Cross fade squeezing doesn't exist anymore right?

*sigh* I believe it does.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ i was watching your super battle breaks video again on youtube, and in round 5 you did miss a hit a couple of seconds before the round 6 check point but you still got 100%. i is confused
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y0tube wrote:
^ i was watching your super battle breaks video again on youtube, and in round 5 you did miss a hit a couple of seconds before the round 6 check point but you still got 100%. i is confused

I haven't seen it recently to confirm exactly what, but from what I understand, it only counts notes hit. Did he break combo by pressing a button he wasn't supposed to or holding a scratch for too long? If that were the case, he still hit 100% of the notes.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the first post with practice mode and added a little more to the hyperdeck section. I'm going to try to point FSG in the direction of this game. Hopefully they will be willing to take some of our suggestions into consideration.

If anyone else has anything to add or wants to comment on anything in the first post, please do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all of the above.

One of my nitpicks is the lack of a "new song" option after finishing a mix/setlist in quickplay. after you finish you are forced back to the main menu, have to re-enter quickplay and select dj/difficulty and such (I don't care if it remembers what you had last it's still stupid) and scroll back through the songs from the top of the list. I don't want to make setlists either, I like to just play one song a time, perhaps several times until I get a score I'm satisfied with.

I think online multiplayer has some real issues, mostly the lack of a difficulty filter and the quitting c-c-c-combo breaker mentioned.

on a side note, I feel pretty stupid for not having used the rewind deck at all, I didn't realize it was as obvious a top tier choice. I've been using hyperdeck and occasionally multiplier... I should probably try some songs with rewind huh?
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWertle wrote:
I agree with all of the above.
on a side note, I feel pretty stupid for not having used the rewind deck at all, I didn't realize it was as obvious a top tier choice. I've been using hyperdeck and occasionally multiplier... I should probably try some songs with rewind huh?

If you want leaderboard scores in the top 10, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed to finally post here and say all the problems with online are flat out destroying me psychologically. I can't stand when people quit out at the very end of the last song. It's so clear they're just rage quitting and taking your multiplier down with them. There's no reason for this to even exist, let alone have not been fixed by now. Don't give me a win, don't give them a loss, just don't have it break my freaking combo.

But on a more serious note: anyone check their reputation lately? I went from 75% positive down to about 35%, and the only game I played during that time was DJH2. Everything from unsportsmanlike conduct (don't use a mic, and never message unless it's to inform them about quitting breaking streaks, or to congratulate them) to quitting early. Now, I've only quit once during a song, so I can only imagine that it's all the medium hard people that I was avoiding before the sets even start. They can't stand to lose to expert, so they play hard, then can't stand when experts avoid them, so they submit a negative player review.

At this point, I've just started playing everyone, regardless of difficulty. Surprisingly enough, I seem to get more rage quits from hards than experts. They can't stand that their cheesing isn't working or something. So I'm rapidly approaching the point where I just don't even want to bother grinding out to rank 50. Especially as time goes on, and less and less people are playing online, especially people who aren't just trying to achievement whore.

I wouldn't mind so much, but there's been little to no word if they're going to fix these HUGE problems. Yet, they keep expecting me to dole out money for DLC to a BROKEN game. Great, I get to play by myself, offline, and have it not count towards my empire, nor be able to favorite the songs, nor be able to buy only the songs I want. Why is the only title update to enable you to buy the old DLC? I how am I supposed to feel about the legitimacy of the leaderboards when you can get more euphoria in a song, than there are sections available. I can deal with needing to grind out a 10 minute song due to excessive rewinding, but I don't want to have to path out an 'optimal' route that involves purposefully missing just to glitch out more points.

tl:dr - they need to fix the CLEARLY broken things before shoveling out DLC pack after DLC pack
DeusPayne  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick math for a simplified online scenario (and no, this is not atypical):

10 one mix matches, 0 losses, but only 3 non-quitters. The match SHOULD yield:
10+20+30+40+50+60+70+80+90+100 = 550
but instead yields:
10+10+10 = 30

This is leaving you with:
30/550 = 0.05454

I am by no means any where as good as the top players, yet I am averaging 5-6% of the points I should be getting. Food for thought. Especially for those who want to cry thinking about how much more they lose when they win more than 10x in a row.
DeusPayne  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a broken record. But I just spent 2 hours playing. Not a single win counted. Every single person left. Not to mention, a solid 75% of the people I went up against were on medium/hard playing on streak. The ultimate combo of beating someone regardless of their cheesing, and them quitting out on you is just completely draining on your enthusiasm to play. This game is just full of people with the mindset "i'm going to cheat a win, or screw you out of your win". And, there's been no indication that FSG cares at all that they've essentially made an matchmaking system that is so broken, it actually ends up screwing your XBox Live Gamertag reputation...
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for changing the online where a quitter doesn't break your win streak. We are connected to their server, right? They should be able to detect who is still connected during the match and thus penalize the quitter.

Hey deus, try just playing checkpoint with songs you're confident you can 100%. Win or lose, you get the 50 bonus points.

I no longer play for the win streak bonus as it is damn near impossible to keep a streak. So I settled for the 100% notes bonus. It's more consistently obtained.
LanceBriggs55  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting fed up with quitters as well. I ask politely why they quit, and I get replies of: "Sorry, I have to go", "My turntable's playing up". Which sometimes is fair enough. I have to back out of a match in case of an emergency, and my turntable does have a tendency to screw up at times, dropping held taps, or not registering taps at all sometimes.

Then other times I get messages back saying how "it's just a game, that I'm white trash, and should move out of my mothers basement", along with alot of profanity and racial remarks. The last reply came from a girl of all people.

Although it is funny when I get matched up with someone playing on medium, and they pick Galvanise on a one track setlist. When they see that I'm halfway decent at the song, they quit in the middle of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisGX wrote:
I'm all for changing the online where a quitter doesn't break your win streak. We are connected to their server, right? They should be able to detect who is still connected during the match and thus penalize the quitter.

Hey deus, try just playing checkpoint with songs you're confident you can 100%. Win or lose, you get the 50 bonus points.

I no longer play for the win streak bonus as it is damn near impossible to keep a streak. So I settled for the 100% notes bonus. It's more consistently obtained.

I kinda think the DJP leaderboard altogether is just a waste. It doesn't show off skill at all seeing as medium players pretty much run the top of it (besides you and I of course). It's basically who feels like sitting online and playing the most or boosting...

Then again, same can be said for the battle leaderboard. It's really almost impossible to have fair leaderboards with mixed difficulties.

At this point I've gone back to the original reason I played online in DJ Hero 1 - For fun (and of course to play without those annoying as hell rewinds -_-).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: